Surviving Mars Maps - find your perfect landinglocation

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very good program :)
Could you add altitude, for energy bonuses
Is the bonus based on absolute altitude value, or on relative altitude within the map? I seem to have had lower bonuses on a relatively flat map as 16000m than I've manage on a mountainous map at 2000m. Getting somewhere that's much higher than the rest of your map seems to be key.

Is the bonus based on absolute altitude value, or on relative altitude within the map? I seem to have had lower bonuses on a relatively flat map as 16000m than I've manage on a mountainous map at 2000m. Getting somewhere that's much higher than the rest of your map seems to be key.
Seems to be relative altitude. I can confirm that with the latest patch, Olympus Mons can have pretty mediocre bonuses, though I haven't checked low altitude maps. Still, seems that the driving factor is how rough the map is, not mean altitude... so despite being 20 km up, I have at best 60-70% bonuses.

Seems to be relative altitude. I can confirm that with the latest patch, Olympus Mons can have pretty mediocre bonuses, though I haven't checked low altitude maps. Still, seems that the driving factor is how rough the map is, not mean altitude... so despite being 20 km up, I have at best 60-70% bonuses.
Hey, that's where I am too :p I picked a mountainous map though. I've got 70%+ bonus around my first dome, and once I manage a tunnel up on to the highest point of the map I'll be looking at 80%+ :)

I've got a cool valley in the middle of the map, that fills up with an orange glow during dust storms. Is that new? Is it extra bad for buildings in there?

I've got a cool valley in the middle of the map, that fills up with an orange glow during dust storms. Is that new? Is it extra bad for buildings in there?
We're going a little off-topic, but, so far as I know, it's just a cosmetic effect. It's just the fact that, to see the lower levels of your colony, you're looking through a lot more dust than when looking at the elevated areas.

We're going a little off-topic, but, so far as I know, it's just a cosmetic effect. It's just the fact that, to see the lower levels of your colony, you're looking through a lot more dust than when looking at the elevated areas.
Remaining off topic - I’ve seen sandy tornados in the valley but nowhere else. Just anecdotal.

Is it still accurate ? Last time I used it, after the Space Race DLC release, the data was wrong...

Remaining off topic - I’ve seen sandy tornados in the valley but nowhere else. Just anecdotal.
I've seen the opposite; dust devils only on a plateau (with all my turbines damnit). It's probably map dependent.

Is it still accurate ? Last time I used it, after the Space Race DLC release, the data was wrong...
It seemed like it was working as of last morning, but I should probably double check.

Is it possible to sort maps after buildable space? So hard to find good maps with enough space, to build bigger designs on.

For anyone that wants it: I added a func to ECM to spit out a csv file with up to date map info.
I haven't released it on steam yet (you can grab it from github if you can't wait).
I have attached a CSV file for the current version of the game (kuiper).

@ Tyrberg: If you want; I can add a mod that'll spit the csv out as soon as you enable the mod in the mod manager, so you wouldn't need ECM installed?

Souinds interesting!
My plan is to improve the page a bit on my way on the buss to my new workplace during the spring - and this is something I shall look into.

Is it possible to sort maps after buildable space? So hard to find good maps with enough space, to build bigger designs on.

Not in my knowledge

The maps are blank slates that add objects when the map is generated.

My plan is to improve the page a bit on my way on the buss to my new workplace during the spring - and this is something I shall look into.
No rush or anything, just figured I'd mention it :)

Last edited:
The maps are blank slates that add objects when the map is generated.
https://imgur.com/a/3MjGNJf

No rush or anything, just figured I'd mention it :)

Edit: Added csv file with diff challenge rating.

Thanks!

The CSV looks great and is easy to implement into the page.
But I will need to remake some grafics or make a more advanced option to make in more usable..

Difficulty, height and special location will go in. Not that height matter, but some have asked for it.
The map names will I save and have a look at. They seem to all be named "blankbig_Something" and I wonder how much it tells about the map. New experimenting needed.

Last edited:
-
Last tested: Prunariu/Martian Express hotfix 1 (1,011,166)
-
Each DLC that adds breakthroughs changes the breakthrough list; you'll need to pick the one that matches your DLC (Green Planet / Below & Beyond).
Do not use Tech Variety or Chaos Theory game rules! (they change the breakthrough order)
-

Only shows first 12 breakthroughs: Anything higher than that isn't guaranteed.
The first 4 are planetary anomalies, if you have BB then you need to use my Fix Bugs mod on a new game or ignore them.

Tools that use this data:

Generate your own csv files (with more than 12 if wanted) paste this into console:
C++:
ChoGGi.ComFuncs.ExportMapDataToCSV(XAction:new{
    setting_breakthroughs = true,
    setting_limit_count = 12,
})

The "Searchable Files" is the csv as filterable html files (very basic | don't ask for new features | not my code).

Attachments

• Breakthroughs.7z
    879,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Breakthroughs GP.7z
    889,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Breakthroughs BB.7z
    895,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Breakthroughs GP BB.7z
    903,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Searchable Files.7z
    3,5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@ChoGGi_2
Do you have a mod that display breaktroughs on mapscreen ingame? I know you had a mod that allowed me to see terrain, can it also display breaktroughs?