Surviving Mars - MacOS 11.6 Intel - Game Crash On New Game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

taxet

Recruit
5 Badges
Sep 17, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Description
MacOS 11.6 Intel - Game Crash On New Game

Mac

Steam

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Green Planet, Project Laika, In-Dome Buildings Pack

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When trying to start a new game, the game crashes. The issue appeared right after I bought and installed the DLC listed in the form + the one free mystery DLC that was not listed on the form.

I had some mods installed, but I removed those completely, but that didn't help. I also found that on a similar ticket the fix was to lower the graphics settings, but that didn't work either.

Can you replicate the issue?
To replicate issue:
- Launch game
- Start new game

Expected result:
New game can be started

Actual result:
Game crash

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• MarsSteam-20211002-11.06.01-614d9efb.log
    3,5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Small update on this issue. I was able to get this to work by first loading one of the older saves and then lowering the graphics settings by going to settings from there. It was only changing the settings from main menu that did not work.

Can we gat a copy of the Apple crash report in here please?

The crash you are getting in LUA is one I have seen some of since the recent game patch.

One user reported reducing the game's graphics settings to Low worked around the problem, or disabling Vsync, so you might try that for the time being.

There will be a hotfix for the game soon, most likely this week some time. While I don't know for sure what will be in it, please check for this problem again when you see it apply, and let me know how it goes them.

Sorry for this problem!

• 1Like
Reactions:
The crash you are getting in LUA is one I have seen some of since the recent game patch.

One user reported reducing the game's graphics settings to Low worked around the problem, or disabling Vsync, so you might try that for the time being.

There will be a hotfix for the game soon, most likely this week some time. While I don't know for sure what will be in it, please check for this problem again when you see it apply, and let me know how it goes them.

Sorry for this problem!
Yeah makes sense, thanks for the assistance!

I hadn't had this issue before, but it must be noted that I usually play at home (this was not the case here) and there I have my laptop docked most of the time, which due to reasons unknown forces me to lower most of the graphics to low anyway, since the machine isn't able to use the discrete GPU properly while attached to this dock, as the cable might not have enough bandwidth, being usb-c and not thunderbolt etc. This theory comes from a friend who knows more about these things than I so I'm not entirely sure. In the logs it does say it's using the Intel integrated GPU, although in activity monitor it does say it's using the discrete GPU, even if I have the automatic graphics switching off.

But that's another issue and likely something that needs to be resolved on my end.