• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

一一得三

Private
15 Badges
Dec 1, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Description
Lag and unplayable after a certain sol

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The game runs fluently until all of a sudden the game becomes horribly lagging.The game still runs in 60fps but everything in the game starts stuttering and freezes every 2-3 seconds. In addition, all the drones stop working automatically although they are still in the range of a functional drone hub. The game becomes completely unplayable. I've tried to delete all the rovers, drones and drone hubs but it still didn't work. I've never used any mod in this game.

Can you replicate the issue?
I've attached the save file. Every time when it reaches the evening (hour 20) of Sol 2983, the lag discribed as above starts. I've also tried an earlier save file of this map and the lag still happened at exactly the same point.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• LAG!!LAG!!LAG!!.savegame.sav
    45 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
The Lag in Surviving Mars, really needs to be fixed, I especially have this problem, in the PS4, it starts happening after Sol 100 Everytime, the game needs to be optimized for Consoles, why that hasn't happened, is beyond me. I would guess, that Paradox Interactive, could care less about this, or any other issues their games have, Stellaris/Surviving Mars/Surviving The Aftermath, all have major lag issues, ironic that Paradox Interactive, uses a hand logo, all they care about, is the money, they are making on DLC, once they have made enough, none of there games, will never be fixed. I'm glad it's 2022 now, and Horizon Forbidden West and Dying Light 2 Stay Human, are now only, a month away of releasing, finally some Great Games!!!, and not the mediocre garbage, that Paradox Interactive developer's create. So Paradox, start fixing the, horrendous lag, that Surviving Mars has, start showing, you actually care about, the people that play you're games, and support you, or lose older gamer's like myself, also fix/optimize the lag in Stellaris on Console.

I'm on a PS4 in SOL 253; I have reconstructed the database in the PS4 storage but the game comes to a timed update and the update icon in the bottom right keeps fluxing without going through with the update. My connection is over 600ms so it's not the line, this looks like a server issue. Please fix the issue, I was just starting to enjoy the rail system I built. :p

Side Note: I looked through the Forum and found this issue over and over again even after the update on all console platforms.

My connection is over 600ms so it's not the line, this looks like a server issue.
That would be a PSN server, so I'm afraid there is nothing Paradox or the developers can do about that. Have you contacted their support?

That's up to the modder/mod, all you do is enable it like you would normally enable a mod. Read descriptions to see if there's anything special to do.

If you don't mind uploading your save file, I'll take a look at it (no promises on when).

Do not use the sol 2983 fix, that only helps games that are past sol 2980. If you read the desc it says: Leave this disabled till your playthrough reaches Sol 2981+. This is replacing a core C func with a lua one.

• 1Like
Reactions: