• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
do we going to see more gameplay in stream any time soon? possibly continuing the game showed in the video above?

I want to see that crack reach that dome and see the carnage

I am definitely interested. Way more than in Tropico 3 released for a third time :D Attention to details really bought me.

Looks solid from a purely mechanical perspective, but dear lord. 24 hour trips to Mars? By that level of technology, we'll ben Mars a long time already.

Still, if the game is as moddable as other titles published by p'dox, it will be a solid foundation for an enjoyable colony builder.

The game will be completely modable :)

On a separate note, the plan is to start streaming a little closer to release.

Glad to hear! I'm really looking forward to some modders making something that feels much more like The Martian and less like Tropico in Space.

I'll still play vanilla, but I'll be grumbling half the time.

Glad to hear! I'm really looking forward to some modders making something that feels much more like The Martian and less like Tropico in Space.

I'll still play vanilla, but I'll be grumbling half the time.
Once you see the stuff that is in store throughout the game with the mysteries and disasters...you probably won't be grumbling (it is pretty damn awesome)! Just saying :p

Once you see the stuff that is in store throughout the game with the mysteries and disasters...you probably won't be grumbling (it is pretty damn awesome)! Just saying :p

Given the hill I'm eager to fight and die on is plausibility, are you sure you you want to make that prediction?

I'm never gonna get onboard with the art style of the game and the gimmicky use of habitation domes, but the game does indeed look quite fun.

@candyalien how moddable will the game be? The homepage says new new buildings will be designable and there's a mod manager in the main menu of the game so it's obviously a focus for it. Are we talking Cities: Skylines type of modding? Will we be able to completely redesign research, disasters, mysteries, colonist behaviour, etc?

I'm never gonna get onboard with the art style of the game and the gimmicky use of habitation domes, but the game does indeed look quite fun.

@candyalien how moddable will the game be? The homepage says new new buildings will be designable and there's a mod manager in the main menu of the game so it's obviously a focus for it. Are we talking Cities: Skylines type of modding? Will we be able to completely redesign research, disasters, mysteries, colonist behaviour, etc?

It's going to be very modable - but I can't give you the full details until we are a bit further into the game. I will let you know the full details soon though :)

A good use for the holes left over from the concrete/rock extractor are actually underground bunkers and subterran living spaces, maybe even research facilities located underground. The stuff is: Mars lacks a magnetic field - it is subjected to constant bombardment of radiation, which is a huge, huge issue in space travel already. Now, we have colonists living on Mars for the rest of their lives... if you do not provide for protection against radiation, parts of the population maybe go full Total Recall...

It's going to be very modable - but I can't give you the full details until we are a bit further into the game. I will let you know the full details soon though :)
Fair enough.

do we going to see more gameplay in stream any time soon? possibly continuing the game showed in the video above?

I want to see that crack reach that dome and see the carnage
Not a continuation of THAT game, but Quill18 got a chance to try some hands-on with Beth at his elbow to help/mystify, and that's available on Youtube somewhere (on his channel maybe?) What I saw I mostly liked, and what I didn't like could be put down to the incompleteness of the game.