• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AdriaTeksuni

Recruit
Sep 26, 2021
Description
Game Stuttering

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Space Race, Green Planet, Below and Beyond, Stellaris Dome Set, Marsvision Song Contest, Colony Design Set, Project Laika, In-Dome Buildings Pack

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
After a random amount of game time, on random maps, with random game setups, the game begins stuttering, everything coming to a stop for about a tenth of a second, every two to three seconds. This has been going on since Space Race DLC was installed (installed on launch), but turning it off does not fix the problem.

I have never used mods of any variety.

I have:

Verified integrity of Steam files
Updated graphics driver
Ensured Steam is not updating anything in the background
Ensured Windows is not updating anything in the background, running antivirus, or any other scans
Ensured none of my rovers had difficulty accessing storage units
Uninstalled and reinstalled game
Reinstalled each DLC one at a time
Deleted all save games except autosaves and 1 active save file
Deleted all temp files in Windows
Deleted all downloaded files in windows
Ran scandisk
Ensured Windows is up to date
Ensured Steam is up to date
All FPS settings
All resolution settings
Exclusive/Borderless/Windowed display

Can you replicate the issue?
It seems to be random. I cannot faithfully replicate the issue as I have not figured out the exact trigger, but it does seem to pop up 2 out of 5 different games.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Autosave Sol 71.savegame.sav
    45,1 MB · Views: 0
  • MarsSteam.exe-20210926-17.37.34-6149dfb1.log
    6,5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting the game up and
2/ after say 10 minutes' play.
If your PC's vendor has given you no way of reading temperatures, install
SPEEDFAN http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting...

Hello, and thank you for the response and assistance.

I've attached the following as requested.

TempsPreSurvMars.pngTemps10minSurvMars.png

Attachments

• DxDiag20210926.txt
    81,3 KB · Views: 0
72c is getting up there, but is not quite at the point where performance problems start, which is usually around 80c. It never gets up that high? Those readings were taken while the problem was occurring?

This must be an integrated CPU/GPU system as they both show the identical temperatures, and the video memory is taken right out of the system memory instead of being separate. Integrated video always has worse performance than dedicated. Technically this AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics does not meet the game's minimum requirements which include 1gb of dedicated video memory; even putting that aside the video performance is only a little above the published minimum requirement, the HD 6450:

The point being we can't expect great performance here! But let's try some things:

- run the Windows 10 Update app. There should be a new Windows 10 version to apply; do that and reboot. Run it again, apply everything it finds, reboot - keep doing that until it finds nothing to update

- THEN update that old AMD video driver; uninstall it with this tool:
Reboot, install this one:
Then reboot again

I hope that helps you!