Surviving Mars - Game Only fits in upper-left corner, Stretched so it is un-playable.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

USSRPriosoner

Recruit
14 Badges
Sep 22, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
Description
Game Only fits in upper-left corner, Stretched so it is un-playable.

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?
N/A, Whatever the most recent one is, The pixelation makes it unreadable.

Do you have Space Race installed?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Whenever I boot up surviving mars, it only fits in the corner, but because it needs to be fullscreen, it streches it. S.G.S (Send game support)

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes, It always happens.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    91,3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Interesting, I don't recall ever seeing that with this game.

Was it like that from the start for you, or used to be okay up to some point?

Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Reactions:
It used to be okay, but about a year ago, it stopped working. I left it and came back a year later hoping it would be resolved by then. It did not. And while I was following your instructions, I opened the game and it worked, but without any steam involved. I feel this must be A steam problem. So, thank you for the help, but I think I found the problem. I'll contact steam now. (I'll keep this thread open in case somebody else finds this problem.)

I doubt very much it has anything to do with Steam. What points you in that direction?