• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FidgetSchniper

Recruit
Feb 28, 2023
Description
Game crashes at specific timepoint

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Space Race, Green Planet, Below and Beyond, Stellaris Dome Set, Marsvision Song Contest, Colony Design Set, In-Dome Buildings Pack

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The game keeps crashing early in sol 383. No quest prompt or anything, just freezes. Sound does still play and I can move the camera with the mouse (not with the keyboard). Can only force shutdown it via task manager

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes, always happens at the same time point (in one savegame didn´t try in another). Stopped every process in game that I could

File(s) attached

Attachments

• MarsSteam.exe-20230227-20.40.05-62792d4d.log
    1,5 KB · Views: 0
  • The real big int.savegame.sav
    48,5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
MAC-7429
Was that log taken just after this crash/hang? Because it doesn't show the game even completely loading, let alone running ...

In any case that happened to me too with that save, and I see it is at the 50mb mark that we've seen with some previous cases. I've added that save to that bug reports, hopefully that will raise the priority of the problem.

Sorry about that!

Was that log taken just after this crash/hang? Because it doesn't show the game even completely loading, let alone running ...

In any case that happened to me too with that save, and I see it is at the 50mb mark that we've seen with some previous cases. I've added that save to that bug reports, hopefully that will raise the priority of the problem.

Sorry about that!
Yeah the log is right after the crash. Was wondering about the same thing. I will add an earlier log too

Attachments

• MarsSteam.exe-20230227-13.40.44-62792d4d.log
    65,4 KB · Views: 0
I have the same issue and many people do have these issues. What will Paradox do about it?
In your other post you said you have game hangs, here you say you have game crashes. These are different problems. Are you saying you have both?

Either way have they always happened?

Any mods involved?

In your other post you said you have game hangs, here you say you have game crashes. These are different problems. Are you saying you have both?

Either way have they always happened?

Any mods involved?
No crashes, game hangs, but not fully. I can still move around using the mouse. This started happening recently, no mods. No problem with hardware, no temp problems. No crash as mentioned. Just the game hanging, but as mentioned not fully. It’s just the gameplay sort of.

I’ve seen multiple posts about this and the same problem.

No crashes, game hangs, but not fully. I can still move around using the mouse. This started happening recently, no mods. No problem with hardware, no temp problems. No crash as mentioned
I see ... but you posted in this thread about crashes at a specific timepoint that "I have the same issue" !

Let's transfer to the other thread then.