Surviving Mars - Flatten tool on landscaping not working

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bigsharkman

Private
Sep 7, 2021
Description
Flatten tool on landscaping not working

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

Do you have Space Race installed?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Any time I try to use the flatten tool, I can't actually see any way to measure out my space of flattening. It's fine with ramps but the hexagons won't show up on flatten mode. Additional note that this has the Green Planet DLC

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes, if I right click to cancel and open the option up again in the menu.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• surviving mars error.PNG
    surviving mars error.PNG
    9 MB · Views: 0
  • 4Like
Reactions:
If you start a new game or load a game where you haven't done much landscaping, it works correctly. But for most of my save games, the flatten tool is now broken. No way to revert to the previous version (Betas) either :/

Attached savegame has the bug.

Possible relevant bug entry in backtrace_io.json
{ "uuid": "2c44b836-ef81-4214-8cac-74e26fc4ae67", "timestamp": "1631021176", "lang": "LUA", "langVersion": "5.3", "agent": "HSL::Debug", "agentVersion": "1.0", "mainThread": "LUA", "classifiers": [ "[LUA_ERROR]_Mars/Lua/Construction/Construction.lua:752:_attempt_to_index_a_boolean_value_(field_'city')", "LuaRevision_1007783" ], "threads": { "LUA": { "name": "LUA", "fault": true, "stack": [ { "library": "@Mars/Lua/GameMap.lua", "funcName": "global GetTerrain", "line": "259" }, { "library": "@Mars/Lua/Landscape/LandscapeConstructionController.lua", "funcName": "method UpdateCursor", "line": "171" }, { "library": "@Mars/Lua/Construction/Construction.lua", "funcName": "field ?", "line": "312" }, { "library": "@CommonLua/X/XDesktop.lua", "funcName": " <>", "line": "314" }, { "library": "@CommonLua/Core/terminal.lua", "funcName": " <>", "line": "24" } ] } } }

Attachments

• Current 2.savegame.sav
    36 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Oh damn. Guess there goes my good save rip
Ohh, hope I didn't cause confusion there. The savegame itself is probably fine, once the bug is fixed. I just wanted to point out that for any QA people trying to verify this bug that if they just start a new game and use the flatten tool it will work correctly. The bug only starts after some condition which I haven't been able to identify yet.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Same here - late game save that I just started this morning, and the flatten tool and ramp tool will not work - it does not show the grey hexes where the tool will affect the ground when you select it. Was working fine yesterday.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Ohh, hope I didn't cause confusion there. The savegame itself is probably fine, once the bug is fixed. I just wanted to point out that for any QA people trying to verify this bug that if they just start a new game and use the flatten tool it will work correctly. The bug only starts after some condition which I haven't been able to identify yet.
thank you for the clarification :)

I have the exact same problem. Was working fine yesterday (9/6/2021) but not today (9/7/2021). No mesh grid appears when I click on the "flatten" button. I think there was a new patch released earlier today, is this correct? Is there any way to revert the patch for now?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have the exact same problem. Was working fine yesterday (9/6/2021) but not today (9/7/2021). No mesh grid appears when I click on the "flatten" button. I think there was a new patch released earlier today, is this correct? Is there any way to revert the patch for now?
It was fine for me yesterday too. I am unsure how to revert patches unfortunately:-(

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello there dear Romans, i have the same problem too. I guess it's related to the new update that automatically installed when i tried to open my game today. Because yesterday flattening and ramping tools worked perfectly. I guess i am going to create a new save then

• 1Like
Reactions:
Same issue, neither flatten nor ramp work on my current saved game. Also, can't build the Dozer anymore. Also when mineral deposits are extracted and go down to 0 the rocks don't get removed and you can't build on top of them. Paradox! Help! I've got 30 hours in this save file...how can we fix it?

Reactions:
This bug was not fixed in Hotfix 2.

However, the ramp tool seems to have lost the requirement to go to different levels, meaning the ramp tool can be used in place of the flatten terrain tool. It's not a perfect workaround though because the ramp tool can't be made small.

Reactions: