Surviving Mars - drones getting stuck and perform mantanice on waste rock storage, or the air

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

benthevaporeon

Sergeant
Sep 16, 2021
Description
drones getting stuck and perform mantanice on waste rock storage, or the air

Windows

Epic Store

What is your game version?
10007874 and 1008033

What DLC do you have installed?
Space Race, Green Planet, Below and Beyond, Stellaris Dome Set, Colony Design Set, Project Laika, In-Dome Buildings Pack

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
drones are getting stuck around waste rock processor, storages, and waste rock storages . and are unable to work on other tasks, even if selected and moved to a different spot.

for a short time, turning off one waste rock processor made the problem mostly go away, but once i scaped that building and rebuilt it it no longer worked. also turning off drone extenders helped allow them to move waste rock, but i have had this issue before the extender.

not sure why, but some things are causing the drones to get stuck on a task and not much will fix it, it happens more often as the base grows, but that may because there are more chances to have the problem. or it could be more buldings that somehow get the issues.

it also happens on asteroids, but not always.

---------------------------
for my picture the drones sometimes switch to no task for a second before returning to this task, without moving

i have a save file for this, but am not sure how to get to it on an epic games game

also, i put 2 game versons because the base was built with 10007874 but the issue remains with the new update, not sure if this will happen again if the cause was fixed but not the problem it if exists, as i am not sure when the issue started i just know when it got really bad

Can you replicate the issue?
unsure

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• drone issue.png
    drone issue.png
    3,7 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
i have had this come up again in a new playthrough,

i attached a save here, if the drone hub extender is finished and attached to the chain then the issue will start popping up again, the issue is somewere near the concrete pads near the extractor and a waste rock storage i removed in the past, when i had an rc commander there in the past, its drones started having problems, so the issue is there, moving the commander so the waste rock was out of its range stoped the problem, but basicly 'commanated' the ground there, like the airbrone waste rock on the surfice near the water extractor husks.

i think its often connected to waste rock, but it will cause problems whenever the issue spot is in range, and nothing can be done about it

by the file name i point out i knew the extender can cause problems, if i built a drone hub instead of an extender then it would likely have issues, but would probably not send the issues to all other hubs

Attachments

• in case bad spot.savegame.sav
    47,5 MB · Views: 0