• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yosh01

Recruit
Oct 30, 2019
Description
DLC doesn't load

Windows

Epic Store

What is your game version?
Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
On the day I got the game, I also picked up the Space Race, Mysterious Resupply and Green Planet DLC. For the first day or two it worked perfectly but one day I started up the game and the DLC was no longer showing and I was unable to load my save games. I'm not using any mods.

I restarted both the game and the launcher, but to no avail. A few days later I randomly opened it up and for some reason the DLC loaded up and I was able to play again. The next day it went back to not loading. This has happened once more since then.

I've been talking to Epic Store Support and have tried reinstalling both the game and the launcher (twice now), changing my desktop scaling and have also overridden the DPI settings on the launcher.

Any suggestions?

Can you replicate the issue?

Attachments

Upvote 0
I have the same issue (purchase from Epic Store etc). Monitoring.....

Hello, could you check that you have the file epic_dlcs.dat in your %appdata%\Surviving Mars folder.

To access it, press the Win button + R and type %appdata%\Surviving Mars, then press OK.

Also, if you have the file in there, another thing to check and report is - what happens when you turn off your Internet access? (pull the cable or disable it from the network adapter settings)
Does the game still think you don't have the DLCs offline? If you don't have that file DLCs won't work offline at all.

Hello, could you check when you launch the game next time and have active DLCs - meaning, you can load the saves and see Green Planet Main Menu - if the file epic_dlcs.dat is created in the %appdata%\Surviving Mars folder. Also could you try Signing In and Out from the Epic Games Launcher.

Last edited:
I tried signing in and out of the Epic Games Launcher but it didn't cause the DLC to load. I haven't actually seen it successfully load the DLC for at least two or three weeks at this stage.

I'm not sure if this is helpful but I checked the logs and found:

time 0:00:08:032
[EOS SDK] LogEOS: Error response received from backend. ServiceName=[OAuth] ........ (A bunch more stuff I cut because I wasn't allowed to post 'spam-like' things) ..... HttpStatus=[403], NumericErrorCode=[1023],
time 0:00:08:047
[EOS SDK] LogEOSAuth: KillAuthSessions Failure
time 0:00:16:875
Can not login epic user: timeout
Fallback to loading dlc ownership from disk

can I add that this bug and the similar one on xbox game launcher (PC) both appeared at the same time the save file folder path's were changed/moved, maybe its related to the fix for that issue caused this one

This reads like a problem at the Epic back end to me:
[EOS SDK] LogEOS: Error response received from backend. ServiceName=[OAuth], OperationName=[KillSessions], Url=[https://egp-idsoc-proxy-prod.ol.epi.../kill?killType=OTHERS_ACCOUNT_CLIENT_SERVICE], HttpStatus=[403], ErrorCode=[errors.com.epicgames.common.missing_permission], NumericErrorCode=[1023], ErrorMessage=[Sorry your login does not posses the permissions 'account:token:eek:therSessionsForAccountClientService DELETE' needed to perform the requested operation], CorrId=[EOS-uFrV5aaNgEeAsGyUcQbYag-NKbzICSxeUCjFC2TDWmelQ-Ts6YaOWM1EOJ1pn2pvE9NA]

I don't have the Epic version yet to try, but you are logged into it with your Paradox and Epic logins?

If so it may be time to go back to their support with the above error.

Hello guys, it turns out that the call to Epic's backend server times out before you get successfully logged in, which is why the game is not able to complete the DLC ownership check. This might be caused by a slow internet connection or simply high latency towards Epic's servers.

I am attaching a .zip file, which has a slight code modification to allow for a longer response delay when logging you in and checking for DLC ownership. Try replacing the existing Lua.hpk from
"path_to_your_epic_games_library\SurvivingMars\Packs"
with the one from the .zip file. If the fix works, you will get your DLCs loaded and the epic_dlcs.dat file will get created in
"%appdata%\Surviving Mars"
I hope this helps fix the issue for you. If it does not and some of you still have problems with the DLC loading, please reply to this thread and attach a log file from the game so that we can find out what the problem is.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    4,6 MB · Views: 20
I'm having the same problem, with an Epic Store install, DLC purchased as a Season Pass.

The DLC has never loaded, nor has there been any sign that it was trying to load.

The modified Lua.hpk did not help.

I don't have a epic_dlcs.dat

I *am* on a slow connection (Verizon DSL, which is getting worse by the day, and yet they won't roll out FiOS in our area).

It may or may not be related, but cloud saves have failed to upload 100% of the time since Oct. 17th (but I'm asked every time the game launches).

I don't know where the log files are located, I don't see any in the main game directory.

Also, I did file a bug report with CTRL-F1 .

I have not put any special firewall rules or port-forwarding rules in place, and have not been made aware of needing any.

Wondering if the fix here or any fix has worked for anyone with such a problem.

I don't know where the log files are located, I don't see any in the main game directory.
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

This is still an ongoing problem for me. If I cannot get a solution within a week, I will need to refund the game before the time limit on the Epic refund policy expires.

My current understanding is that this topic is my only option for active support with this issue -- Epic Games pointed me to Paradox. In my report to Paradox, I linked this topic and they said I had already posted in the right place. If there is someone else who I should contact, please advise me of that.

@Vibo is there any way we can get another Lua file with a longer timeout still please? Or can it be exposed as a user-accessible setting?

This is still an ongoing problem. As far as I'm aware, this forum is my only way to seek support on this issue, however, as far as I am aware, nobody from Haemimont has even seen my problem, and nobody from Epic or Paradox has any ability to act on my problem. I'm trying to be patient, but there is a strict limit on my patience imposed by the refund deadline that is quickly approaching.

Given the time of year, I recommend you go for that refund now.

Sorry about that!

Hello guys. I am really sorry for not being able to respond earlier. I am uploading a new Lua pack with the timeouts removed completely. This should hopefully resolve any problems with the DLC loading when on a slow connection. Once again, sorry for the late response. I hope that this helps someone.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    4,6 MB · Views: 11
I am also not able to use the DLC content on my Epic Games store Surviving Mars. I have downloaded this Lua.zip but there is absolutely no information available anywhere about the location to put this file. Please tell me an address where this file should go.
It also seems that I can not use the Paradox Game Launcher to run the Epic Games Store version of Surviving mars, because it appears I can't link an Epic account to the paradox launcher. Is this correct or am I missing something? I was hoping to use Paradox Launcher to get around this DLC problem and the failed savegame cloud sync problem.

Any help would be appreciated.