Surviving Mars - Display resolution and fullscreen mode options don't save

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zaskow

Major
46 Badges
Jan 7, 2012
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Magicka
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Description
Display resolution and fullscreen mode options don't save

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?
Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Every time I launch the game, it doesn't remember latest video and display settings. It reset to borderless fullscreen mode (however, it's windowed) and weird 1360*743 resolution. Issue began after Space Race release, I think.

Can you replicate the issue?
Every time. Just close and start game again.

Attachments

Upvote 0
I don't think others are seeing that. What antivirus app do you use? Perhaps it is preventing the game recording your choice in the config file. Add MarsSteam.exe to its exceptions list/whitelist.

If that does not help Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

I don't think others are seeing that. What antivirus app do you use? Perhaps it is preventing the game recording your choice in the config file. Add MarsSteam.exe to its exceptions list/whitelist.

I have Avast. Added to whitelist - 0 effect. I didn't have this issue on older versions of game. Also I checked LocalStorage.lua file and put correct values there - didn't help.

If that does not help Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:

Plus, DXDIAG is a program

Attached.

Attachments

• MarsSteam.exe-20190223-11.21.44-5c52f4f5.log
    3,6 KB · Views: 18
  • DxDiag.txt
    28,2 KB · Views: 19
I'm afraid both your CPU and GPU are below the minimum requirements of the game, and at 4gb the memory is the bare minimum. I admit I can't necessarily see why that would cause the problem you see, but it pretty much has to be that I think. Certainly unload any other apps and processes you can before starting the game.

I do see you have a couple of mods active, I assume disabling or removing them makes no difference?

I'm afraid both your CPU and GPU are below the minimum requirements of the game, and at 4gb the memory is the bare minimum. I admit I can't necessarily see why that would cause the problem you see, but it pretty much has to be that I think. Certainly unload any other apps and processes you can before starting the game.

Why is that? Steam says:

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: 4th Generation Intel i3 CPU or equivalent
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: HD 4600/Geforce 620/Radeon 6450 or equivalent GPUs with 1 GB of video RAM
    • Storage: 6 GB available space
Yes, my CPU is a bit weak, but GPU is more powerful, than minimum. Also I have a normal FPS in game (~30+) with default graphical options. Game has good optimization and performance.

I do see you have a couple of mods active, I assume disabling or removing them makes no difference?

Only 1 - Career AI. Disabling doesn't help.

Well, I guess it depends on exactly which HD 5700 you have as that doesn't show in the dxdiag. But in general 6450 > 5700 :)

But the CPU is well under, and the memory is the bare minimum. Certainly unload any other apps and processes you can before starting the game.

Well, I guess it depends on exactly which HD 5700 you have as that doesn't show in the dxdiag. But in general 6450 > 5700 :)

I have HD5770. It's 4-5 times faster than minimum GPU.

Anyway, I've fixed issue partially using Exclusive fullscreen mode. At least it saves resolution correctly.

Okay great!

Hi, i have the same issue. Game resets settings every time to something like 800x600 and
i have to set it by uncommon way to that what i need:
fullscreen mode to ->windowed mode -> stratch window to fullscreen -> set fullscreen mode->change resolution to 2560x1440.

It works only this way. If I only thy last step, it do anything. I have to do this every time the game starts.

Have that issue only on stem version. Epic games version wokrs fine (but i don't have any extensions there).

Logs and dxdiag is in the attachment.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    54,6 KB · Views: 0