Surviving Mars: Conflict - Idea/fantasizing/dreams [also a question][and thanks a million dear devs]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Imperator Romanum Galacticum

Private
30 Badges
Aug 21, 2017
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Well, I have played unholy amounts of hours on HoI1,2,3,4; on Stellaris, and soon, I will have reached such a level on EU4...... There is a common theme between each. I also have long loved city builders, such as Cities: Skylines and the various SimCity's. I also played a lot of now all but forgotten games such as Empire Earth. One campaign of Empire Earth involved combat on Mars, it was the UFAR campaign I believe.

I was wondering..... Could it be possible that in game, maybe through a mod or something, a rival company travels and lands in you region of Mars. And well, both your and it's colonies grow to self sustaining levels or there about......

It happened that one company was sponsored by a certain super power and another by a rival superpower - which go to blows......

Would it be possible, hypothetically speaking in game to have a war or battle with said rival colony or maybe even a civil war - is it possible with the game mechanics and someone's good modding skills to have such a thing occur?

I go one step further..... Would it be possible for an incursion by hostile forces to land and attack, be it human or otherwise, and maybe there being also some sort of fighter/bombers?

Is this, or any of it, possible to any degree?

I need to know, sorry if it sounds weird, but yeah, hehehehe,

Thanks for making the game tho, from the visuals and the possibility of micromanaging (YAY) as well as the ability to Macro Manage (YAY too) and all the nitty gritty (that I love to explore and play around with) and all the detail (I can keep going on but, for sanity's sake I will stop here) I see that this game is a true Paradox game, and also made by good developers, in fact, very good developers.

Can't wait for the let's play in 50 mins!

C'ya!

I'm pretty sure the devs have stated there would only be the one colony (no competition). While the game will be very moddable, I'm not sure if that is something that could be added in, as I expect that would require changes to the game engine (which you cannot mod).

Hey! No need to apologize for ranting, we are quite interested in these kind of questions - what the players want and expect from the game. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to say much regarding planned and unannounced features.

Regarding modding - yes, I think these kind of ideas will make very interesting mods. They may be quite a challenge to implement, but I personally can't wait to see them!

Last but not least, thank YOU for the kind words.