• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xamdam

Private
15 Badges
Apr 14, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
Description
Can't build underground elevator

Windows

Epic Store

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Below and Beyond

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I am unable to build the elevator. When trying for the first time, it gets stuck at "The construction site is being cleared". Even if all resources are in range, the drones are not doing anything useful. After waiting some time, if I cancel the construction, I can't even place it any longer, it says there is something in the way (although it isn't).

Can you replicate the issue?
Every time. Just reloading a previous save.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    2,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 02.png
    02.png
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 03.png
    03.png
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
  • Europe Sol 28 (2).savegame.sav
    43,4 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Same problem for me. I tried to construct an Elevator, and none of my Drones are doing anything. I brought some of the resources within range, dropping them almost next to the site, and they still won't construct it (some Drones came by to pick them up but only to relocate them to another storage in range). If I select a Drone and try to manually construct it, I get a message saying it cannot find the required resources. If I have them pick up a block of resources and get them to deliver it, they would start moving for a short time but then stop and change to depositing the resource at a stockpile.

Description
Can't build underground elevator

Windows

Epic Store

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Below and Beyond

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I am unable to build the elevator. When trying for the first time, it gets stuck at "The construction site is being cleared". Even if all resources are in range, the drones are not doing anything useful. After waiting some time, if I cancel the construction, I can't even place it any longer, it says there is something in the way (although it isn't).

Can you replicate the issue?
Every time. Just reloading a previous save.

File(s) attached
I have the same issue. Upon inspection, I found information, when hovering my curse over the Elevator icon in the toolbar, that I must have the research Low-G Shaft Tunneling completed, which is currently at 47% completion. I also discovered that you need a certain level of air, water, and electricity for it to build.

Last edited:
I have the same issue. Upon inspection, I found information, when hovering my curse over the Elevator icon in the toolbar, that I must have the research Low-G Shaft Tunneling completed, which is currently at 47% completion. I also discovered that you need a certain level of air, water, and electricity for it to build.
What amount of air, water, and electricity is needed for it to be built? It doesn’t show when I hover over the icon in the toolbar.

If you hover over the Elevator icon in the build menu it says

'Base production: 1 power, 10 o2, 10 h2o'

I'm assuming that means it is what is required to build, as my numbers are below that and it is not building, though I have all the resources on hand.

I have the same problem. Even If I try to send the drones manually they don't want to build the elevator. That is so annoying.
try fully manual control - select drone, command to get resource, when done - command to deliver it to the future building. when all resources in place - drones may start construct elevator, but anyway you can directly command your drone.

same issue: original elevator site won't build (tried both prefab and the regular that requires materials)

BUT, another elevator site in same map built instantly without any issues

check the attached saved game, elevator just southeast won't build, another elevator further east-southeast will build instantly

Attachments

• 1.savegame.sav
    40,8 MB · Views: 0