• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

emissary666

Recruit
45 Badges
Jan 12, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
Description
Audio Stuttering [Win 10]

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?
Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Every few seconds all audio cuts out before continuing. Voices and music continue where they left off, but in-game sounds, such as buildings and UI effects act as they had been playing normally (as if muted during the cut out). This problem occurs in all screens and starts from the moment I launch the game.

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes, it occurs every time I launch the game.

Attachments

Upvote 0
I tried turning off the radio, as mentioned in the first link. That seems to have solved most of the problem; it creates a new problem in that I was looking forward to the Marsvision content, but that is an acceptable sacrifice for being able to play the game without interuption. Many thanks.

I wish i could fix the root cause, whatever it is! But when it affects so few people ... can you look into your sound card drivers, see if there are updates?

I wish i could fix the root cause, whatever it is! But when it affects so few people ... can you look into your sound card drivers, see if there are updates?
Updated drivers, same problem. I'll consider the problem fixed, I was planning on listening to podcasts while playing anyways.
Could see what dpc latency checker says?

https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml
Based on what I could interpret, my latency is pretty much baseline both in and out of game.

I have begun experiencing the same issue over the last two days, and looking online for help I see that it has been an issue for several people for over a YEAR now. That's incredible.

I have begun experiencing the same issue over the last two days, and looking online for help I see that it has been an issue for several people for over a YEAR now. That's incredible.
It's very unlikely that you have the same root cause as those folks a year ago, when you did not before.

Was this with the recent hotfix patch? Did you go through all the links and suggestions above?

I think I've solved it and it's nothing to do with the game at all. I was working on an unrelated problem (Seagate Central won't show shared folder) yesterday and one of the solutions I tried involved changing 1 setting in Services to see if that would fix the problem. That didn't work, but today when I started the game, I experienced the same sort of issue with music. I just changed the setting back and the issue has fixed itself.

In Services (search on your task bar), the issue appears to have been that TCPIP Netbios service was running on automatic. I switched it back to manual and stopped it running. That completely fixed it for me.

EDIT: No it didn't, reloaded the game and it was still doing it. At some point yesterday I'd also done the following:
Installed seagate central software - so I stopped that from running in the background.
installed Norton Safe Searching, Password passport and one other Norton Extension in to Chrome. Uninstalled all three extensions.

Restarted and reloaded the game. That! seems to have fixed it.

Last edited:
Hi, I had a similar issue and fixed it.
Turns out, the game makes various disk reads to textures and music hpk files on disk not only in loading phases but also while playing.
This can be seen in the Windows 10 Resource Monitor.

I have a good PC and had steam background updates enabled. Pausing them instantly stopped the issue from happening.
Try to check if there is anything slowing the disk (other background stuff, windows search index or just a saturated disk).

Hope this helps !