• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A

Ashen Blazes

Description
Audio Discontinuance

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Epic Store

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When a system audio device connects or disconnects (even if this doesn't affect the device that is being used by the game), the game stops outputting audio completely.

Can you replicate the issue?
1) Ensure you have an audio device connected.
2) Launch game.
3) Connect or Disconnect any audio device (if you don't have a Bluetooth or USB device, this can be done via the hardware manager, which can be found by right clicking the start menu)
4) Go back to the game and perform any action that would cause a sound.

Note: I'm unsure if this is affected while in the main menu, as I've only had devices connect/disconnect while in the game. Due to having a low-budget bluetooth speaker, I experience this frequently, and the only way to repair the issue has been to restart the game.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• Audio Device.png
    Audio Device.png
    4,5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I have seen a few other such reports over the years. I could report it as a bug, but given how rare the situation is I'm not sure it would attract a very high priority!

I have seen a few other such reports over the years. I could report it as a bug, but given how rare the situation is I'm not sure it would attract a very high priority!
Rare or not, it'd be nice to see it fixed, at some point at least.. It's extremely irritating having to restart the game every time my pos speaker decides to act up, which is every 5-10 minutes, some days.. And it being barely reported doesn't necessarily mean it rarely happens - it could simply mean that people aren't bothered enough to report it..