• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AlWoot

Sergeant
17 Badges
Feb 28, 2016
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
I stumbled upon VtM:B while binge watching a game review channel on youtube and decided to play it and it was awesome. I decided to google it to see why there hadn't been a sequel and immediately see a trailer for Bloodlines 2 pop up in google. I was hit with shock, especially when I read in the description that it was being published by Paradox! I have spent many a years playing Vicky 2, HOI 3/4, and EU4 so I was really excited to come back to the forums to connect with people who share an interest in Bloodlines - then I get hit with the bombshell that it seems like the game is in development hell with the release date getting pushed back and not much being said to the fans. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this game is going the Cyberpunk 2077 route and is going to either take a long while to release and they get it right or they're going to try and get something out to meet a deadline and ship a mediocre product. Anyways, cheers everyone !

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Yep, consider yourself fortunate you haven't been in the midst of this mess the last couple of years witnessing this all play out. Discouraging to say the least, and the lack of communication coming from a Company like Paradox has been depressingly shocking.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The only misstake CDPR did was overpraising their product, so people was expecting too much ...
The Paradox certainly does not have to be afraid of this, because our expectations are closing to absolute zero.

Reactions:
Well, if many many MANY more, i would like to ask you to list me at least 5 different misstakes, that are not ovepraising their product.
If you dare.

Making an open world with a lot of empty places.
making a lot of boring side stuff
too much of the main stuff was a bit tedious too
making a ton of boring characters
making pretty much a GTA storyline rather than actually making something new... new IP sure... I was hope to be surpriced like with Mass Effect instead it felt like I had played this before and meet many of these characters before...
porting the game to the new consoles when not originally planned which caused a lot of bugs
releasing the game before most of the critical bugs were gone. On PC it was not fun sitting through 10min of story with characters chatting with the camera floating above and outside of the room the characters was so I couldnt even see them... not very impressive...

I even starting to forget what I experienced in the game... the story is just so... ugh..

And the combat was not unique or interesting... it was doable.. just not anything new which is basically what everything in the game felt like.. playing it way to save with stuff that isn't special or great just average.

anyways this forum is not supposed to be about Cyperpunk 2077, but Bloodlines really...

And I worry I would prefer to just replay Bloodlines 1 over playing 2 - with Bloodlines 2 just trying to be boring like many other games.

Reactions:
Making an open world with a lot of empty places.
making a lot of boring side stuff
too much of the main stuff was a bit tedious too
making a ton of boring characters

Bez názvu.png

I mean this have same informative value for me as list:
Bad thing number 1
Bad thing number 2
Bad thing number 3
Bad thing number 4
Also none of those thigs have none effect on sales, bcs there is no way to find out any of them before you buy the game.
And finaly, its all just from your perspective ... that you dont like "side stuff" or "main stuff" whatever those are, dont mean that game was anyhow bad. :-/
It just didnt hit your particular taste that is all.

making pretty much a GTA storyline rather than actually making something new... new IP sure... I was hope to be surpriced like with Mass Effect instead it felt like I had played this before and meet many of these characters before...
This is also purely subjective ... therefore irellevant. :-/
Also you just noticing that you "hoped for something" and get something else, wich send that argument straigth to "people expecting too much" box. ;)
Therefore i was right.

porting the game to the new consoles when not originally planned which caused a lot of bugs
Unless you played the game before it was ported to new consoles, you cant know if that caused any bug ...
So i dont take this argument either, since its once aggain pure speculation with no real base.

releasing the game before most of the critical bugs were gone.
Here i have two reasons to not take this argument actualy...
For one, bugs are absolutely normal in pure 1.0 unless studio create some early acess, or worldwide beta testing ...
And for two, once again, expectations of players was not met ... so, therefore i was right. ;)

I even starting to forget what I experienced in the game... the story is just so... ugh..
Subjective.
Expectations. :p
Another +1 for me. :D

And the combat was not unique or interesting... it was doable.. just not anything new which is basically what everything in the game felt like.. playing it way to save with stuff that isn't special or great just average.
No game is unique theese days ... here you can decide on wich side you wish to put it ...

Either CDPR promised inovative and unique combat ... therefore expectations and +1 for me.
Or they dont ... therefore subjective and irellevant. :)

anyways this forum is not supposed to be about Cyperpunk 2077, but Bloodlines really...
Well ... in fact there is maaaaaaaaany posts about CP acros whole forum.
And this one is nothing more than simple extention of that one we have seen abowe, so nothing new is added.
It may be concidered offtopic, that is true ... but since whole reason for this topic to exist is telling us that someone didnt know about bloodlines 2 until now, kinda every, or any reaction here is offtopic. :D

There is also nothing to talk about within Bloodlines ...
We were multiple times told not to speculate ... we have no new info to talk about ... and those infomations we allready have was not confimmed, when we asked, so they might be also allready outdated and irellevant. :-/

And I worry I would prefer to just replay Bloodlines 1 over playing 2 - with Bloodlines 2 just trying to be boring like many other games.
I dont think any game ever "tryed to be boring" ...
But since "boring" is so common therm, what exactly do you mean with that?[/QUOTE]

• 3Like
Reactions:
Please , This is NOT a CP2077 Forum .

This said, I agree with the judgement that CP was an overpraised game (mistake? well, I don't know).
There was a really ads-bombing about it and everybody expected "the best game ever made" .
It come out that is a good-average game, similar to others, probably worst than the title that was the fortune of CDPR: Witcher.3
But they sell big and going so.. take the money and run..

Now what can we learn from that?

Probably that building hype is good for marketing.
Probably that a game is great not because it has perfect lipsync in the dialogs but if can bring you a unique athmosphere
Probably that if you use a well known settings, you must respect the settings and what people expects from the settings (see lack of biofashion in a cyberpunk settings.. )
Probably that nowaday open worlds means to influence the word, not to have dozen of "fetch quests" where the difference is the number of step to complete
Probably that people expect that the world is "live" and reactive in a logic way
Probably that replyability is good and keep the people playing (and eventually keep them waiting for a new expandion/dlc to play in an even different way) and 50€ for 20-30 hours is too much

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm not gonna reply to that massive post but holy, is this guy really shilling for CDPR? Lol
I don't have any expectations from Bloodlines 2 and just from lurking on this forum for 15 minutes it's clear that this game is probably going to be gimmicky. Play it once, realize how boring and uninspired it is, not following what made the first game such a hit. Then we'll all go back to Bloodlines 1 and just facepalm everytime we launch it knowing a company spent years and thousands of dollars creating a sequel for a game that came out in 2004 only for it to be inferior. I don't know though, purely just speculation. Better to be pleasantly surprised by realizing how fishy the whole situation is than to try and justify all the delays, firings, and leaving consumers in the dark by saying 'they're just trying to make the perfect product so when it's finally released, it be wonderful!' and promptly, sorely let down.

• 4Like
Reactions: