• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

arctic_anomaly

Recruit
30 Badges
Dec 15, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Dungeonland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
Hi guys, I know this forum is for Cold War, but its the same series and I was wondering if i could get some up to date help.

I have Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold, and I love it, its a great game, but it runs so so so so slowly! I have a pretty decent laptop (Aspire V15 Nitro, i5-4210U 1.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M with 4gb dedicated VRAM and 6GB DDR3 L Mem) and it seems that every time i play the game it runs slower and slower than the last time i loaded it, each day is ticking by at around 30secs - 1min at the games start on fastest speed, and I was wondering if there were any tricks to get the game's old engine running a bit faster on a modern system, maybe a mod or something.

I saw on some older threads on a few websites that running it on multi-core processors can slow it down because its poorly optimized for it, so I was hoping to find out a bit more about that from someone if this was the case, or if anyone knew of any other settings I could change that might help it out a bit (I'm not as techy as I would like to be), turning off enhanced spotting and enhanced ranges seems to help a small amount but not a lot. Zooming right out so i can't see any models used to help substantially but that no longer seems to work for me.

As a student, I'm kinda poor and tend to buy games not that often and when I do I go for cheap older games, and this is a game I really enjoy but having to spend a good few hours on the game to make very little progress in game time and building things etc is starting to sap the fun out of it, I tend to just leave it to do its thing in the background as i do others things.

If anyone has any suggestions for me then that would be much appreciated!

Much love, thanks for any help :)