• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Kovax

Field Marshal
10 Badges
May 13, 2003
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
If the province's revolt chance is low, the support may not create an actual revolt, but will increase the odds of it happening in the near future. In some cases, if the province is fairly stable, it may not increase the risk above 0, so a revolt will cannot happen. If the chance is already high, the added support is very likely to cause an immediate revolt.

In a couple of campaigns, I had one or two countries spamming spies to foment revolts every few months, and in one game I had a particularly annoying OPM hit me with another attempt EVERY SINGLE MONTH for several years (for no rational reason), and I couldn't do anything about it because they were allied to a major power and guaranteed by the Emperor of the HRE. ONE of those attempts (out of somewhere around 30) caused an actual revolt, because with +3 Stability, 100 Legitimacy, and mostly core provinces, the chance of a revolt was still well into negative numbers in all but a few cases.

Not a bug, as far as I can tell.

Nim2

Captain
4 Badges
Oct 20, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Afaik this happens when a province has 0 manpower. Probably because rebel size is related to both basetax and manpower.