• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kr0lm

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 16, 2021
  • Darkest Hour
I've been having supply issues in Madagascar i cannot supply them and my troops are dying, game says Tamatava (Port in madagascar) has enough supplies in its stockpile and refuses to start a convoy. What do I do

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    422,2 KB · Views: 0
Short update ive landed in Wilhelmshaven and now the game refuses to send supplies there too my troops are dying in huge numbers because the game thinks there is a full stockpile there and a convoy doesn't need to run today.

The usual question:
Is there an ally who supplies your troops?
And this ally perhaps with not enough supplies? If so, give him enough stuff.

Otherwise, try deleting all convoys, set it all to automatic, next midnight tick the routes will be realigned and remade. Soemtimes this helps.

The usual question:
Is there an ally who supplies your troops?
And this ally perhaps with not enough supplies? If so, give him enough stuff.

Otherwise, try deleting all convoys, set it all to automatic, next midnight tick the routes will be realigned and remade. Sometimes this helps.
I dont know how but giving the route absurd amount of transport ships changes the colour from green to white after 1day the amount of transports needed will automatically drop (need to set it back to auto assign number of convoys after you manually make the convoy) this somehow fixes it thankfully my troops didnt starve to death :))

[...] changes the colour from green to white after 1day

Green: plenty supplies at the depot, no further convoys needed at the moment
Red: supplies needed, no convoy or not with enough ships
White: Convoys running (hovering over it with the mouse shows how much was transported the day before)

This unfortunately means red can have several meanings: There are lots of supplies/oil for the next 12 days but it is less than what the depot should have as a reserve (as defined below for example 15 days). Or... there no more supplies, your troops starve and die. If in doubt and pressed for convoys, a look to the right, shows you what's stored in the depot and wether it is still plenty or not.

The convoy tick happens at midnight. The whole convoy/supply system can be run automated or manual. If manually, a possible route can be only accessed AFTER the next midnight tick after a landing/encirclement et.

What's considered enough or not enough supplies in a depot is defined in misc.txt (..\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\db\misc.txt):
Code:
# Max provincial energy/metal/rare materials depot size.
    5000 #9999
# Max provincial oil/supplies depot size.
    15000 #9999
# Desired provincial stockpiles for oil and supplies (needed to supply friendly units in that area for X days). Used by auto-convoying.
    15 #7

Further info: Darkest Hour Manual (convoys page 62, supply mapmode page 42)