• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lothos

HoI3 SF LUA Developer
181 Badges
Dec 16, 2002
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Installation Instructions
Install your Hearts of Irons CD
Install Paradox patch 1.06 for Hearts of Iron
Extract the Super AI Bundle 1.3 file (self extacting exe)
Install Super AI Bundle

Super AI Bundle 1.3 Download

(OPTIONAL) If you want leader pictures install picture pack 0411
(OPTIONAL) For you to get the full enjoyment of the MOD please use the
no time limit MOD and play till the end of 1955.

ALERT: Super AI Bundle 1.0/1.1/1.2 users please un-install version 1.0/1.1 and then install version 1.3.

Luxor will have to reply to this thread with the patch notes. There are no AI enhancements just tech tree changes and new events and bug fixes.

Lothos said:
(OPTIONAL) For you to get the full enjoyment of the MOD please use the
no time limit MOD and play till the end of 1955.

Luxor will have to reply to this thread with the patch notes. There are no AI enhancements just tech tree changes and new events and bug fixes.

First: THANKS !

2nd: where is the no time limit MOD to be found?

3rd: Lothos wrote on the SuperAI website:
"Super AI Bunlde 1.3 will be released in a few days. It will contain new events, event fixes and some changes to the tech tree to try and compensate for armor not being so strong etc....." - can we assume the armor compensation is taken care of?

4th: THANKS ! :rolleyes:

Luxor is the best person to ask. I told him my ideas on how to fix the armor problem and he said he took care of it. I been so busy with HoI 2 that I have not had the chance to even take a peak at the old stuff. Its to the point I am putting 60 hours a week into HoI 2 AI development and thanks to the Paradox team I think this is really going to make many people happy.

This is what's new in 1.3

- Fixed many event bugs
- New Italian surrender events
- New Japanese surrender events, with alternate outcome (by Hilsdorf)
- Events for NATO/Warsaw Pact formation should now work properly
- Russian oil resources layout changed: about 60% is now located in Caucasus.
- Changed IC layout for Russia. It will be more difficult now to build up huge IC.
- New Artillery tech tree, to delay AT infrantry technology available.

I want this!!

I picked up HOI Platinum (Ver 106C) in mid-December. Only have been getting into it over the last couple of weeks to find that the joys and frustrations (can you say "AI Stacking Advantages") :wacko: have all been expressed severally. This mod sounds awesome...begs the question why it's a mod, not a patch... Will it work on my version, or only on earlier editions of the game? If it will work for me then please point me in the right direction... and I'll say nice things about you for a long time:rolleyes:

Lothos said:
Its a MOD it wont fix stacking problems etc.. but the AI plays a little smarter in a high level strategy. We started working on HoI 2 now.

Thanks for the quick reply, but my main point is whether it'll work with the Platinum edition? It's awfully tempting to just click on your "Super AI bundle" button, but you guys are the computer guys- I'm just a military game nut. I'll watch the posts for news about HOI 2, as it's in tough vs Grigsby's strategic WW2 game that's so heavily advertised...but aside from some AI issues everyone's already moaned about, HOI seems the game for the grognard WW2 gamer.

Yee Ha! ha ha ...

Thanks again, Lothos! Grigby's done some great stuff, but not for fussy wargamers, lately. And now, I will click on that Super AI button. :rofl:

P.S. Lothos, I downloaded the mod (Big File:) and everthing seemed to unfold as it should. Left on my desktop is that ms dos file, plus 2 of the downloaded packs. Have they automatically overwritten the relevent HoI files? I did unpack them as I've done other files... I got back into the game, but there's no difference to the version note, and the game appears to be no different from before. Are there any visual clues I can look for? And, by the way, how is this file different from the CORE version I rediscovered on my game? Thanks for your patience and indulgence.

Last edited:
Lothos said:
When you installed it you should have gotten an icon on your desktop to run it.
Yes, thanks -did that, and the files were unpacked to the target destination. And now, as I'm playing it, I simply do not have any visual references that the game is any different. Any guidance available to this? For example, didn't I read in the readme that attributes of the various generals were now to be visible, so you don't have to learn their abilities by trial and error? (I certainly have not seen this upgrade, if it was made available)...Also, is the Super AI bundle an update of CORE? Continued good luck as you recreate this game as HoI 2.

did you double click the Super AI Bundle icon on your desktop or the regular HoI 2 icon? You have to click on the Super AI Bundle icon. Then entire interface has been redone with new graphics.

We never put one out but if you have access to a windows machine just install it into a dummy directory and then rar/zip what it does and just email it to yourself or ask if someone else can do it for you. For our HoI 2 mod called TRP we are probably going to provide two versions. One with an exe installer and one with a rar/zip file.