• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My best guess with Spain is that rebels had spawned in one of their former colonies, perhaps in Africa or Asia, and you simply didn't notice them. I think that, given enough time, rebels holding one province can enforce their demands and in this case those demands would have been to release all Spanish cores.

That said, I can't see a Spanish province anywhere else in your screenshots apart from Iberia and so that somewhat weakens my theory!

Reactions:
My best guess with Spain is that rebels had spawned in one of their former colonies, perhaps in Africa or Asia, and you simply didn't notice them. I think that, given enough time, rebels holding one province can enforce their demands and in this case those demands would have been to release all Spanish cores.

That said, I can't see a Spanish province anywhere else in your screenshots apart from Iberia and so that somewhat weakens my theory!
Before rebels enforce demands you get a warning that rebels are close to enforcing their demands.Then you have enough time to send an army to deal with the rebels.

I don't see Spanish provinces outside of Iberia either. I have no explanation for why this has happened.. It's a mystery.