"Sunflower" (patch 1.2) released! [checksum: bb23]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't help but love the ppl working for this company .. i mean replying on the forums on a thursday evening late 22:45, amazing attitude aswell

i've stopped typing, now standing applauding ;)

have a nice weekend!

Reactions:
It should really be a Swenglish flag... The problem is, as I said in another thread, that we are using more American English than British. It's to reflect that (color instead of colour etc). It's probably a mix of the both right now tbh.

Being taught British English in school and being bombarded with American through TV, Movies etc makes us confused.
In some other games the icon for English is a diagonally separated UK/USA flag. I like that best, would it be possible?

Reactions:
@podcat

I just started up the game with the new patch, I didn't have time to play the beta because of modding, and found a bug in the launcher. You used the wrong flag, for English. I am not talking about using the American flag vs. the English flag. You used a old U.S. flag from when the U.S. only had 48 states.

50 Stars:
cfur9cvq31u6yo6zg.jpg

48 Stars:
qc9nxcb3gs6txaczg.jpg

See the difference in the layout of the stars?

It would be like using this flag for British English:
jk48qmysxrx10ybzg.jpg

Reactions:
I would like to point out that the newly added countries do NOT have any advisors, except for the political ones, or military command. It would be nice if you could hotfix this.

Reactions:
@SteelVolt: I don't think this qualifies for a bug report, but any chance you can look at the AIs obsession with motorized divisions that was reported in the beta thread, before you move on to whatever the focus for 1.3 may be? The most obvious case are the Soviets, who upon starting a new game will immediately start training mostly motorized divisions and even convert their existing tank divisions to motorized. And then their factories are mostly building trucks. A problem with this is how bad motorized divisions are: Generally 12 or 14 width motorized only with little support, theoretically that should change once SPART arrives, but I've not seen that happen yet.
As a sidenote, I see countries stay on "toaster economy" way too long, e.g. soviets only switching to war economy in 1940, after they are at war with finland and germany. Same thing for France/UK/Nat. Spain.

Personally ... :D ... I think about half the folks on this forum need to relax.

YMMV.

Reactions:
Did I read this right? A black hitler? Can we get a screen or something?
It is just the German Hitler, (where he is shrouded in a mysterious darkness)

@podcat

I just started up the game with the new patch, I didn't have time to play the beta because of modding, and found a bug in the launcher. You used the wrong flag, for English. I am not talking about using the American flag vs. the English flag. You used a old U.S. flag from when the U.S. only had 48 states.

50 Stars:
cfur9cvq31u6yo6zg.jpg

48 Stars:
qc9nxcb3gs6txaczg.jpg

See the difference in the layout of the stars?

It would be like using this flag for British English:
jk48qmysxrx10ybzg.jpg

Both Hawaii and Alaska weren't made states until 1959 (23 years after the starting date). They could have chose the 48 state flag to represent that.

Reactions:
Both Hawaii and Alaska weren't made states until 1959 (23 years after the starting date). They could have chose the 48 state flag to represent that.
And which flag do they use for German language? The 1939 German flag? or even the flag they use for Germany in the game? No. So that wont wash!

Reactions:
Thanks! I really hope the AI is better now and the war is now not full of insane and unreal shifts of fronts like before. Like Japan suddenly sending 150 divisions to border of Germany and Czechoslovakia and suddenly declaring war on Germany.

That was really something out of a Lovecraftian insanity.
I'm curious as well. Does this also fix the suicide missions GB does in attempting to liberate France? And all of the shifting up and down the front lines to...do the divisions stay put more?

you forget to correct the Ecuadorian-Peruvian map

Reactions: