• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eraclio

Major
1 Badges
Nov 26, 2006
  • For The Glory
summagentiumlocorumque0.gif

Summa Gentium Locorumque (37)

||

Last edited:
Summa|Gentium|Locorumque

Summa Gentium Locorumque means the ensemble of people and countries you can play with.

In fact with this map all countries of that era from the whole of Eurafrasia to the north of Australia are playable.
Summa Gentium Locorumque is the official BoPMOD map. It will be available for Eu2 and FTG.​

15 main features​

1. All countries from the whole of Eurafrasia to the north of Australia are playable between 395 AD and 762 AD.
  2. The coasts, the rivers, the lakes have the real shape of that age.
  3. In each province all the relative icons of soldiers and cities are without any overlap. Cities icons don't overlap all names too.
  4. Secondary rivers take indiscriminately the name of "Flumen"; the main rivers will all their own ancient name.
  5. All the lakes take the name "Lacus" apart from the Aral sea, the Caspian sea and a few others.
  6. Each seas have more than one sea province.
  7. The names of each province and the relative city name are the same and are wherever possible in Latin or in an ancient language.
  8. All lands are without PTI, apart from small parts of Australia, Madagascar and Siberia.
  9. The provinces without cities take the ancient name of the people that live there or of the place itself.
  10. The cities are located in their exact place.
  11. There are no abreviations for the names on this map.
  12. Some provinces have an allusive id. For example Rome is 410, Constantinople 330, London 43 (roman conquest of britain)...
  13. Province have sequential Id number, so for example British isles are numbered from 1 to 84
  14. With the diplomatic map you can see the actual country and regional borders. On the terrain map almost all actual country borders are drawn.
  15. With the diplomatic map you can easily see the differences between the nowadays coastline, and the one from the mod era.

Conditions about helping for SGL project​

We need help about provinces lists: city founded before 395 AD, with the relative actual name. If there weren't any cities in some places, you could write the people name who live there (ancient one and actual one) or a geographical name (ancient one and actual one). Each list include one actual country, so a list of India, or a list of Egypt, and so on, because in SGL map will be easy to see where are the province in the actual country borders. Finally each list must be ordered by importance, so that I can exclude immediately and easily some province if I can't add them in the map.

In order the help for the SGL map, you must choose and write in this topic what you want to do, and for which date.
The date must be respected, so don't choose a too ambitious deadline!
If you help, you will be added to SGL official helper.
||

Last edited:
Images Archive​

Complete map​

IDs map​

Last one: ||SGLv005||

SGLv001|||||SGLv002|||||SGLv003|||||SGLv004

Shading map​

Last one: ||SGLv005||

SGLv001|||||SGLv002|||||SGLv003|||||SGLv004

Icons position​

Last one: ||#4||

#1|||||#2|||||#3
||

Last edited:
Good luck. What does the name of map mean?

Summa Gentium Locorumque indicates the ensemble of people and countries you can play with in the game. In fact in this map can be playable all countries of that epoch between Western Africa and Indonesia: whole Eurafrasia to the north of Australia.

good luck with the mod mate:)

How did you make those pictures?

good luck with the mod mate:)

Thanks. There are already 4 people that helps me about making provinces lists.

How did you make those pictures?

My map takes patience because I find several source maps in wikipedia and other sites, country by country. As you can see in one day I've done 1/4 of Scotland, so it takes so much time. :(

Today I've finished up whole England provinces borders
I've added 4 provinces, now they are 31. Now all country of that era could stay in the map. Obviously southern England is the most busy area of the game, but I've tested all the icons, and the icons stay there without any overlap.