• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, out of 8 pages of suggestions as well as many other topics of suggestions, what all is going to be implemented if anything?

Edit: 12/8/2012 - Apparently nothing. They don't even have time to implement the darkmode that they'd had teased us with due to "time constraints" what ever the hell that actually means in a game where updates as time permits was a big seller for the game.

RIP Game of Dwarves. It's a shame that your game won't have people still interested in it 10 years from now like Dwarf Fortress and many other games still do.

Last edited:
Creatures of Level 6 look an awful lot like they are level 0, unless you look really carefully to see the very tiny tail sticking up. Perhaps a clarification of that character/image to make it more clear would be in order?

I would also like to be able to go back to the various Tablets and click on them again to re-read what they contained, especially if the text on them is actually intended to be useful for finding the secret chambers, or whatever the end goal happens to be for a level. (I'm looking at you, very first level past the two tutorial levels)

Last edited:
I am missing being attacked or feeling any kind of threat at all really. Its nice to potter around for a while but then the game lacks in that area.

1, Spawning Thieves who don't immediately declare themselves a monster, they might appear as a dwarf or a shadow with a small chance to avoid traps, and a small chance to be detected by dwarves.
2, Cunning Monsters and AI, ranged backing up melee etc.
3, Organised Sieges from neighboring people or underground lairs - you get a warning they are coming, then watchout!
4, Heroic Big hitters that spawn towards the end to test my defenses, big beasts.
5, Mimic furniture, very rarely a piece of furniture is an enemy in disguise but won't immediately attack. Especially dangerous in a large fort a piece of furniture can appear perfectly normal, then all of a sudden... It could instead merely copy a piece of furniture, placing itself beside it.
6, There could be a few spawn points which need to be taken down in waves, so kill the monster, destroy the boss, defend against the reprisal then finally seal the room. On the deeper levels anyway.
7, Plant, wood/soil or ore monsters, very rare, again you are not sure if its dangerous until. However you might see it move around your walls if you are paying attention.

Either way I definitely would like to feel occasionally threatened on hard or normal, I can turn off all the ? but this can wipe an early game, but turning them off at least adds some surprise. You've done a great job on the building side of things, but could use a pick me up in the defense, base building, traps and military side of things. I haven't seen every monster available yet so apologies if any of these are in.

New Ores:
If you introduce any please make us have to dig for them on the harder levels, so we have to keep digging no matter what :).

Gravestones:
No name for the dead? Name and Cause of death would be a bit of atmosphere.
Restless Ghosts spawning from them very rarely.

Last edited:
No point to making suggestions anymore, they don't have the time to do any of it anyway just like they don't have time to do the darkmode that many were looking forward to and hoping would be implemented due to "time constraints".

Dead is dead, RIP a Game of Dwarves.

As Xerkis pointed out, Dark Mode is already in the game, just not supported (but you can turn it on). Please, don't use this thread for venting frustration. It's not the place for it. Thanks!

Gonna make some suggestions anyway:

- Allow dwarves to sit at tables using chairs and eat, make it increase their happiness. Chairs are just way too awkward right now
- Add a "furniture stockpile" system where you can store furniture (specifically the spoils taken from cleared-out monster caves) so that it frees up space without removing unbuildable stuff
- Make non-dwarven furniture do more. Right now it's just for visuals.
- Equipment for dwarves. Nothing fancy or involved, but enough that your dwarves can look a little more customized with stuff like dragonforce armor or dreadstone research tools.
- Add a desire for "relaxation" to dwarves. Make it so setting up nice communal areas where dwarves can sit around and relax without sleeping. Maybe so that after a dwarf has lost half his energy or something he seeks out the relaxation room to take a break, and if he doesn't have one then he gets unhappy.
- More activities for dwarves besides working. There's a theme of "dwarves are inherently lazy and just do whatever" but all the dwarves in-game are busy little ants. I want to see them run around and get mad because there wasn't a tennis court or something.
- Conversely, individual happiness values that feed into the main value would be nice. The more unhappy a dwarf, the sloppier his work.

I would personally like to see a gain in wood resources when you sell a tree (from the surface of the map, above ground). What would make more sense would be to add another dwarf to chop wood from those trees, but it might even be easier to just make an existing dwarf type (perhaps the worker) to chop wood from a tree that you use the activate order on.

I would also like to see an option to allow for multiple saves on the same campaign profile. I personally find it annoying that it always overwrites the previous save & you do something stupid that you didn't notice before the save. I personally have restarted the game too many times because of this as it is.

I would like the ability to build walls on top of doors, so when I am making structures within a Khazad-dum style hall, I don't have to always use tall doors. :)