• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GurenGaaze

Pope
84 Badges
Jul 17, 2010
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Introduction
Imperator Rome v.1.4 Archimedes
This thread will be updated regularly. It will be discontinued when a new patch comes out and a new thread will take its place.

Why do I care: EU:Rome was my very first of many Paradox games way back in 2009 and has a special place in my heart. (And I’m a stupid Rome nerd)
My Philosophy:
  1. The Map we play on is THE most important thing to constantly see. Very big objects that “gets in the way” must be avoided if possible.
  2. Utilize dead space. Everything must have a clear meaning. A very big, pretty picture is of no real meaning and can be half the size.
  3. Scale - All windows/tabs should be of the same scale at 100%. One window/tab that is much larger than another is a no-go.
  4. Clarity - Everything must be easy to see and understand from a first glance. If you fail to understand with basic knowledge, then the UI has failed you.
Show Offices
What to learn from CK2​
Untitled-1.png

• It’s UI is small and compact
  • The Council has many different tasks that let you interact with them. Makes them feel more important.
1.-Glenn-Government-2.png

Changes:
  • Statesmanship icon is unnecessary and is actually confusing. Show the green “statesmanship” bar under the skills instead as it gives a clearer message.
  • Characters from Great Families will show their family’s colours.
  • (NOT DONE) If scorned family number is not to be shown beside the Character’s names, then let it be displayed at the bottom in some form.
  • (NOT DONE) Give Council members some jobs to actually do, so we can interact with them more.
Assigning Jobs
What can we learn from CK2​
Untitled-1.png

CK2: 1. Shows the current holder of the Job/Office. | 2. Search for Characters. | 3. Small and compact UI. | 4. Easy to search for skilled Characters. | 5. Shows all/many of the Character’s skills.

What Imperator could add into this: 1. Scorned Family. | 2. Ability to only search trough Great Families. | 3. Add another tab to switch to, which is “Already in Office”, here all Characters from Researchers and other jobs will be listed and available to give a new job/promotion (Opinion boost for promotion?)

Ideas
Untitled-1.png
All Available Ideas are on the right, and sorted by the tech lv they become available. It’s much cleaner and it’s much easier to notice when and what are new ideas.

Republic Successions
Rome Archimendes Government 1.1.PNG

Looking here at first glance, I understand nothing. There’s too much going on.
Looking closer, I see numbers from different Factions in the Republic. I also notice almost all numbers are the exact same!
How about just giving the information we actually need. WHY this dude has many votes.

Other Ideas
  1. Make senate actually affect a lot of things in republics
  2. Let senate appoint generals, governors, offices etc. on a regular basis via events. But also preserve full player agency by allowing us to reject those appointments and keep manually doing things at tyranny cost.
  3. Proper offices for Rome, Athens etc rather than the joke we have right now
  4. When assigning characters to the offices, there would be nice to have details about their traits (other than just its names).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Upvote 0
A change in the UI elements for republic elections is desperately needed. Some kind of overhaul that shows relevant characters, factions and actions would be great to add to how leadership works and is managed by the player when playing as a republic

One more change

We need the offices to show 0 XXX when there is no one at the office

example

While no one is a Vulnerarius, it will show +0.00 Health

Why?
It's hard to remember exactly which offices does what, especially if multiple people died at a time.
If I only have 1 high stat person and 2 positions available, I have no idea which office to assign him to because I have no idea what his office does.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is refreshing and really good. I would love to see some of these changes in the future.
I really hope to see traits be better reflected in the games UI and more usable / role playable.

Cheers