• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Korbah

Ratel
137 Badges
Mar 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
Feel free to make suggestions in this thread on what you'd like to see in future versions of Elder Kings.

Adding your suggestions to the Bugtracker as a Suggestion would be great too; I can more easily create a "ToDo" list from the bugtracker and get some of these things implemented quicker :)

http://www.elderkings.de/bugtracker

Last edited:
For argonians this would be an interesting event.
If an argonian family member is born under the shadowscale, then the event should give the parent the ability to decide whether to send him off to join the dark brotherhood and become a master assassin yet disqualified from succession, or keep him and loose some prestige or something

• 1Like
Reactions:
it doesn't make sense to have the vigil of stendarr a the holy order because they were formed after the oblivion crisis I think you should add the knights of the nine and using the holy order mechanics from soa you could have them start small and evolve into the tamriel equivalent of the knights Templar

Reactions:
Holy wars.

Although I think that the Eight and the elven pantheon (Auri-el, and what not) would probably not have them, Daedra cultists would, and be vulnerable to Holy Wars.

Daedric Invasions? Or even some Summerset Invasion style joke invasions from Europe. =P

Reactions:
it doesn't make sense to have the vigil of stendarr a the holy order because they were formed after the oblivion crisis I think you should add the knights of the nine and using the holy order mechanics from soa you could have them start small and evolve into the tamriel equivalent of the knights Templar

The Vigil is a remarkable order and is used by The Eigth so they have something "famous". When I get to it, the Knights of The Nine will be the holy order of The Nine.

Last edited:
IIRC, a holy order dedicated to Stendarr (other than the Vigil of Stendarr, who were specifically created after Oblivion) has existed in TES lore for some time time, mostly based out of High Rock. They had no specific name that I can remember, just called "Crusaders" or "Knights" of Stendarr. The Vigil is more badass though, someone who uses "The vigil will cast you into the light" as a goodbye is awesome by pure fact.

An order dedicated to Akatosh also exists.

The big question is, would the Ordinators or the Buoyant Armigers (anyone remember those guys?) be the holy orders for the Almsivi?. The Ordinators had a special branch (Order/Temple of War I believe??) dedicated to fight against Dagoth Ur and Daedric worshippers, but the Armigers... I don't see them as a holy order as the much more serious Ordnators.

-Brethren religion move from the Akaviri Islands religious group into the Tamrielic "Old Gods" category. It makes sense since it has nothing to do with Akavir or the Islands.

-I made Colovian culture use the vanilla Western European graphic set. Colovians where a mix of Nordic and Imperial, thus they should look more like Standard Western European instead of Southern European. Further I dont like not having Western European graphic set in the game, since its the best and most refined one.

-Brethren religion move from the Akaviri Islands religious group into the Tamrielic "Old Gods" category. It makes sense since it has nothing to do with Akavir or the Islands.

They were moved from that to the Island one; the Brethren were an easter egg to Cthulhu, and so are our islander religions so it made sense to add them to their own group. I think it's a fun little oddity to have this random religion from the group in the middle of Tamriel :)

They were moved from that to the Island one; the Brethren were an easter egg to Cthulhu, and so are our islander religions so it made sense to add them to their own group. I think it's a fun little oddity to have this random religion from the group in the middle of Tamriel :)

I dont understand.

I dont understand.

Cthulhu
The Brethren Religion is based upon a cult from TESIV:Oblivion, based in Hackdirt. It was an easter egg by bethesda to the Cthulhu mythos. The religions of the islands are also an easter egg by us (the EK Team) to Cthulhu, and I decided to merge the Cthulhu themed religions into a single group.

Cthulhu
The Brethren Religion is based upon a cult from TESIV:Oblivion, based in Hackdirt. It was an easter egg by bethesda to the Cthulhu mythos. The religions of the islands are also an easter egg by us (the EK Team) to Cthulhu, and I decided to merge the Cthulhu themed religions into a single group.

Oo got yah. Im still going to keep it in the Old Gods group, or maybe as a Divines Heresy.. Dont know. Im playing a game where i started as the count of hackdirt became Brethren and now Ive expanded my empire to cover the whole Colovian Estates. Wish there was more flavor for Brethren though.

Give a special building for Pyandonea to have boats.

Unnecessary. Pyandonea has a very large mercenary fleet that they could hire, if they need transport to Tamriel. Of course, its quite expensive, but with a certain ornate chest, money should not be a concern.

There are "Purify the Undead, Purge the living" CB's for Atmorans and the Frozen horde which essentially function as single county holy wars I believe this could be adapted for everyone. Each successful war boosts your religion authority by 3% so it could serve as a magnificent temp fix for moral authority issues.

Racial differences seem to hold much more weight in Tamriel than religious differences (Excepting extremist elements in many of the Mer religions and the Reachmen)

Other than that I'm just waiting on the eventual "Legitimacy" system and more vampire related events.

Last edited:
It be cool to see the blades in-game and recreate their purpose somehow in the mod. Maybe if the emperor is dragonborn or of dragonblood you can hire them as mercenaries for free and other stuff like that

Reactions:
More holy orders for religions, and necromancy (which is to be added later?). Also i'd like to see some vamp kids, and more Dark Brotherhood interaction also could use a much needed
price drop.

Last edited:
Korbah,

I scoured UESP to find whatever I could on the Brethren. Apparently they are a Daedric Religion. That information combined with other stuff I found lead me to fix up the Brethren religion. Ive posted the code below: (Should be placed in Daedra section, and former brethren religion should be removed from Island Pantheon.)

brethen = {
graphical_culture = westerngfx

crusade_name = "HOLY_WAR"
scripture_name = BIBLE_OF_THE_DEEPONES
god_names = {
GOD_BRETHREN GOD_DEEP_ONES
}

icon = 7
heresy_icon = 19
color = { 0.8 0.4 0.1 }

defensive_attrition = yes
allow_looting = yes
allow_rivermovement = yes
female_temple_holders = yes
can_call_crusade = yes
can_excommunicate = yes
investiture = no
can_grant_divorce = yes
can_grant_claim = yes
priests_can_marry = yes
can_grant_invasion_cb = invasion

religious_clothing_head = 9
religious_clothing_priest = 9
aggression = 2.5
}
}

Last edited:
It be cool to see the blades in-game and recreate their purpose somehow in the mod. Maybe if the emperor is dragonborn or of dragonblood you can hire them as mercenaries for free and other stuff like that

The Blades could serve any Emperor possessing the Amulet of Kings as a trait for security, if nothing else.

Reactions: