• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some of the stuff in NightmareFuel/TheElderScrolls could be pretty neat to see in events and such.

It's almost all sight-gags, not something which would work in the format of this game.

I thought the same thing as the above poster, but the cannibal markarth thingy could be adapted. IN fact cannibalism could be a sort of heresy?

I thought the same thing as the above poster, but the cannibal markarth thingy could be adapted. IN fact cannibalism could be a sort of heresy?

Most cannibalism in the universe is religious, in Valenwood as part of the Green Pact or by Namira worshippers as it's something their society regards as hideous (presumably bosmer Namira worshippers bury their dead in wooden coffins). So it probably wouldn't work to have a negative relations trait about it, or a heresy as that would require it as a major breech of a religion. Presumably many others do as well, The Undead under the Lich King to start with.
Cannibalism isn't universally hated enough to make a good negative trait so I'm not sure how it could be represented. As too many groups do it. A _divines specific trait that hurt reputation for a minor health boost and a risk of an event converting you to namira worship if you make a big deal out of it maybe?

Most cannibalism in the universe is religious, in Valenwood as part of the Green Pact or by Namira worshippers as it's something their society regards as hideous (presumably bosmer Namira worshippers bury their dead in wooden coffins). So it probably wouldn't work to have a negative relations trait about it, or a heresy as that would require it as a major breech of a religion. Presumably many others do as well, The Undead under the Lich King to start with.
Cannibalism isn't universally hated enough to make a good negative trait so I'm not sure how it could be represented. As too many groups do it. A _divines specific trait that hurt reputation for a minor health boost and a risk of an event converting you to namira worship if you make a big deal out of it maybe?

Just my two cents: I would rather prefer to have some decisions/events relating to Cannibalism tied to religion. So let's say if you are a Green Pact Bosmer, you have a prisoner decision to eat them, or as a Namira worshiper some random event about a "secret feast" could pop up.

Maybe an option to send your child to Guild? rather than waiting for them to ask. maybe controlled/balanced by not getting a choice as to which guild it being up to them?

Hear me out on this one.

What about a second "plane" of existance in the game that is undiscoverable by people living in the "real" world. What about going burning crusade on this and put a "new" map with Oblivion in it? that way we can represent all the daedra lords as people and persons and they can have influence on the "real" world. And once a daedric gate opens all hell comes lose and the Daedra actually represent armies that besiege populations like in Oblivion?

If the Daedra were to be represented landless titles would do. But the game doesn't handle Gods well. There is no way to get to them act a specific way, there is no way to stop them dying, or being usurped. The mechanics are designed for mortals.
Interaction with and the influence of the Daedra Princes is best done through events and decisions, as is currently.

If/When an oblivion crisis like invasion is represented it, wouldn't be lead by Mehrunes Dagon as a character, but Dremora character 'commanders' of his religion.

The issue came up often on the old thread and that was more or less the devs position.
CK also has no concepts or mechanics for limiting travel or TI so undsicoverable isn't an option either.

Also, what about a Hates-Undead trait?
Giving a piety boost? And massive relationship maluses against all undead and necromancers, and with a decision to kill off undead theyre the liege of. Representing blind hatred of the undead (Of the sort Dawnguard guy has) and being a solution to the immortals-live-forever 'problem'.

Last edited:
I would like 1-2 Republics in other parts of the world like Morrowind.

Morrowind doesn't even have one starting Republic, or any Republics that are "able" to be "easily" formed.

The only Republics to start as are Stirk and Wayrest!

I am not asking for all of Morrowind or Great Houses to become Republics. I am instead asking for just a few Republics in Morrowind. There are already Theocracies that I will not be able to play as, why not a few Republics that I can? Having a few doesn't create a dependency.

There used to be, and there was an issue where they became independent every time the Hortator died. Which might be why theyre gone or it could just be the history reboot. Anyway, I'm fairly certain the titular titles are still there [Atleast Argonia's still are] and creatable, so dopping one on a city-baron is a republic that's 'easily' formed. Or any duchy title.

How do I do this? The no title revocation + who owns what doesn't leave a lot to work with...

I tried to follow through the steps to force one into creation so that I could save/exit/reload as created republic, but I can't get it to work.

Thanks for the quick reply!

How do I do this? The no title revocation + who owns what doesn't leave a lot to work with...

I tried to follow through the steps to force one into creation so that I could save/exit/reload as created republic, but I can't get it to work.

Thanks for the quick reply!

probably the quickest way to force it would be to find a city baron, then in the console enter give_title c_the-county-he-is-in #ID then give_title d_tear_republic (or some other) #ID
Then after the A Patrician Family has Arisen pop-up save, quit out and reload (console switching dynasties sometimes causes problems.)

You ought to be able to do it without unpausing.

Last edited:
Some feedback having tried the King Rythe of Morrowind, and Mister Eyepatch (don't know name) Pirate Republic in Stirk. Also a few suggestions, so I will lead with them.

1. Sunset Invansion/Mongol Horde Crisis: I would like to see replication of a few things. Akavir famously subjugated the land, finally meeting their defeat in Velothi Mountains. It would be neat if they tried again late game. However I do know this is the era after that age. I am suggesting however that having a few major "Awakenings" and invasions regarding things like "The Oblivion Crisis", "Awakening of House Dagoth", and maybe some events that led into Morrowind. First, there seemed to be an active Ebonheart Pact, according to Morrowind Lore, "The Empire" invaded Morrowind. During this invasion, Skyrim and Black Marsh (other members of Ebonheart Pact) attacked the Empire, to which Vivec pulled out of the pact and signed peace allowing much of Morrowind to peacefully go under Imperial Rule. These such events could all be simulated, for timestamps in those ages or for games which through playing out, reach those ages.

There are several other prospective invasions including Manimarco, King of Worms.

2. Daedra Lords should be attempting to interfere in the world of mortals. All of Tamriel history has been defined by Daedra interventions and schemes and for all of the events in the game data, none of them offer Daedric temptation and while I have found Ebony Armor, I haven't found any of the artifacts from the series, and it would be neat to have them in the game.

Those were just suggestions. Now, onto criticism.

1. I noticed that Morrowind has no Republics to start. I already posted this and in fact, a lot of people gripe about it. Some people want Republics all over Morrowind and others argue for Great House Republics, not me. I am simply saying that having a few Republics in Morrowind would enhance the game. There should be one north of Tear, and another one 2-3 territories west of Ebonheart. These places are already capital city holdings, and spread out enough that they can function and be fun without taking over the game or "requiring purchase". There is already a Theocracy in Morrowind which people can't play, so one more thing we can't play wouldn't hurt anything.

(Furthermore, I like systems that have "Option A" if you have DLC but if not, it switches to "Option B" instead).

2. Morrowind starts off as a unified high kingdom. You don't own Necrom, or like 3 spots on Vvardenfell and both are very easy to snatch up once you get used to the scene. Because you are practically immortal, the only threat to Rythe is illness or assassination. If he dies, Morrowind will "Balkanize" and huge, intense, fun conflict starts. Meanwhile, it is very difficult to find claims on foreign territory. I was able to fabricate claims on The Imperial City, and boated some troops over to take it. I wasn't able to conquer any other neighbors, and spent most of my time dealing with insiders who hate me. Meanwhile, foreigners easily find their way in because of Crown Laws. Then, everyone immediately hates them, and it serves as a wrecking ball. It feels like "Imperials", "Nords" and "Argonians" who according to Lore have each invaded Morrowind with great success at one time or another, should be able to get in. Yet it also feels like Tribunal Temple never does anything helpful, or hurtful: the only thing they have done in the game is vote for Not-My-Son as successor, leading to an ugly cycle of assassination, and bribery.

TL|DR: Rythe should not start with Vvardenfel Kingdom, he should have to earn it through force. He needs a way to invade Argonians, Cyrodil and Skyrim and frankly, they need to invade him now and then. Rythe has little means to interact with the rest of the world outside Morrowind.

3. Stirk Pirates start off in a tough spot. No wife or heir, everyone hates you and you probably won't live long enough to put out more than 2-3 heirs. I would have him start with an illegitimate son and send him through the "claim bastard or walk away" event. Just in case the player dies quickly. That jerk Doge in Wayrest (the old man), also seemingly starts the game by declaring war with "Raid" CB. This wouldn't be too much of a problem if he didn't also have 2-3 other things going on, when I boated over my troops he was in all kinds of trouble with his peers, grey troops marching all over the map. I won that war easily, too easily, because of his other conflicts.

4. Everyone knows how lame it is to have built 3 addons to Trade Post, just to have the event "King wants to smash your Trade Post! Do you take it down or bribe him" and of course he takes the bribe then destroys it anyway. This is perhaps the biggest early game setback that can occur that ruins everything. It is really, really lame.

5. I wish there were a supported version of the mod that doesn't have Akavir. I know there is an outdated modmod for it, which is reported by the author to "crash more often" however it would be fantastic. I understand it isn't likely because nobody wants to maintain 2 versions.

Lastly, I would appreciate it if there were a list of trait numbers. I looked in the files and I see their names, are you just using names instead of numbers? I am a little confused by this. I am thinking about making a few simple modmods, nothing fancy or special, but just some "Personal Preference" tweaks and I feel a little "in the dark" about things. I am getting more familiar with the code and at this point I just need to learn a little more.

Thanks for the great work, this is one of the best Tamriel mods for any game, and it puts the Civ5 Tamriel mods to shame. Incredible work!

Last edited:
Trait numbers are generated by the game on loading the files. SO there can't be a list as not everyone will have the same numbers from the save file, and why do you want them anyway?
add_trait in the console is safer and quicker than editing the save file, and nothing outside of the save file ever uses the numbers.

I can't add traits when names like Thief_1 and blundering_agent don't register anything. I didn't know trait numbers were randomly generated, neat. I remember having numbers in the vanilla game.

I was hoping to have trait numbers so that I could create a new dynasty or two with pregenerated stuff, and several members with randomized stuff.

I am wanting to "tinker" with everything I can, learn as much as I can and determine what I am capable of doing without much help or guidance. If possible, I would like to create a few new timeline starting points. I am a little confused about how to cause events to trigger on "Year X, Month X". Skimming through the code, it looks like simple stuff. No different than Civ5, or Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. There are a couple differences but there is enough in common I have already figured out some things. My main confusion emerges when something in a different file is referenced and I don't know where to find what is being referenced! I will sort that out on my own, and I was hoping there was up-to-date information regarding the data to make this easier for me to do.

I would like to make an "Old Gods" sort of thing. Earlier start date. In this mod, Nords just arrived into Skyrim and began their conflict with the Snow Elves. This "scenario" depicts the colonization of Tamriel and division of cultures, so I am looking to find a way to cause a culture group to "appear". This can be through an event that "converts" people in "X Provinces to Culture Y" or something similar. Or, I can use pregenerated characters to appear with that culture in specified areas. This is very much a colonization scenario. After expansion into native territories, more cultures will be born, titles will come into existence (Can events create new titles or can titles be made unavailable until needed?). I would also like to use events to add somewhat of a linear path through the game.

Most of the events will be related to the appearance of culture groups, and formation of early kingdoms. Dweamor, Chimor, etc.

Yes, this is a bit of a project. I intend to take it in small pieces. First is a little more playing this mod to get a hang of what I can and cannot do with it. Then designing a "plan" of tasks to complete. I also intend on looking at the ID's threads to avoid any overlap. I also don't necessarily intend on releasing anything, just for my own personal pleasure. If I get something that is "worthy" out of it, I would just submit it to you guys and let you decide if it should be incorporated or uploaded as a modmod or something.

Don't know if its been suggested, but you know what would be lovely? If once you're emperor of Tamriel you can have the Bosmor run Valenwood, the Khajits run Elswyr, the Argonians run Black Marsh, the Altmer run Alinor, the etc. run the other provinces without them utterly hating the Emperor. Seriously is the only way to insure order in Tamrial to wipe every other religion and race of the face of Nirn? Only way I found to at least keep things somewhat realistic is to keep the cultures and just ask everyone to convert to the 8/9 (whoever I have).

Another point is when I get the event that creates the Nine and makes the Eight heretics people that I already converted to the Nine reconvert at random all over the map, not too much of a problem really, but my High-Kings /hate/ heretics and instead of asking people to convert they revoke them and mess up the careful balance of vassals I created.

Leyawin, is there a way to make it drift into Cyrodil in less than 300 years? By the time someone takes it and 300 years of uninterupted control has occured you'll likely be an Emperor and the dejure drift you were trying to make is undone because Emperors can't drift duchies. (That's more a vanilla problem than anything really)

Lastly, I would love to be able to give the Tribunal temple command of Vvanderfel, and also keep the great houses in charge of the mainland. But the Hortator keeps messing things up the way I set up the great houses for him to keep things in balance. (Also I thought the Hortator couldn't make duchies? He just up and made Ebonheart and Almaxia at random)