• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I checked through the religions in the game, and only the Eight/Nine Divines, Alkosh and Riddle'thar religions explicitly worship Akatosh. The later two claim to follow a different individual but we can safely say that Akatosh probably isn't too bothered by that. Alkosh rulers can even take him as their personal patron, though Riddle'thar cannot for some reason. Possibly that's a bug. Most of the other religions worship their own perceived creators and creation myths. Nothing specific about whether or not the Aedra respect or respond to those prayers though.

There'd need to be some sort of executive decision on each to determine if the group in question is worshiping some aspect of Aedra or not for mechanical purposes.
Auri-el is by in-universe theologians regarded as a variant of Akatosh (or, perhaps, Akatosh being a variant of Auri-el), and the Remanada refers to Aless(ia) as "sweet wife of Shor and Auri-el and the Sacred Bull", so I would advance the argument that Auri-el worship has some claim to being close enough to Akatosh worship for this.

I checked through the religions in the game, and only the Eight/Nine Divines, Alkosh and Riddle'thar religions explicitly worship Akatosh. The later two claim to follow a different individual but we can safely say that Akatosh probably isn't too bothered by that. Alkosh rulers can even take him as their personal patron, though Riddle'thar cannot for some reason. Possibly that's a bug. Most of the other religions worship their own perceived creators and creation myths. Nothing specific about whether or not the Aedra respect or respond to those prayers though.

There'd need to be some sort of executive decision on each to determine if the group in question is worshiping some aspect of Aedra or not for mechanical purposes.
That was the interpretation of mine too, hence why I made them eligible for the chance in the second version of the event.

Oh as an aside, since most of the Mer religions have ancestor worship, they should have the venerated ancestors feature. It won't be that powerful for them, since they have a long turnover on rulers, but it would be a sensible inclusion from Holy Fury for religious features.

All the religions could? The eight/nine, well it's never mentioned in game but they're coded catholicism and romans squished together so why not. Tribunal has Saints with the name saint, all the other elves have ancestors.
We don't know about the other religions but, the saint/ancestors mechanic is fun so why not?

All the religions could? The eight/nine, well it's never mentioned in game but they're coded catholicism and romans squished together so why not. Tribunal has Saints with the name saint, all the other elves have ancestors.
We don't know about the other religions but, the saint/ancestors mechanic is fun so why not?
I think it's generally better if you limit the number of religions that have access to any given power, so those religions feel more unique. The more ubiquitous features are, the more bland and samey each religion becomes. Already many of the religions in EK feel rather bland, having the Mer be the only ones with ancestor worship would help make them feel more unique. That said, this shouldn't mean that should be the only ones that have it, but as long as the Eight/Nine divines and daedra cults don't, that's enough to help set them apart.

Even if it isn't sainthood/venerated ancestors, there should be different mechanics and features for the mainline religions to keep them from feeling the same.

The eight/nine have Saint Alessia, Osla, Pelin, Ellenica, Marben, Octavien, Jahn, Stental, then theres the living saints like Olava the fair living saint of Mara and Errandil living saint of Arkay. Nord, Redguard, Dunmer, Altmer place a great deal of importance on ancestry and prestigious/pious ancestors.

I think it's generally better if you limit the number of religions that have access to any given power, so those religions feel more unique. The more ubiquitous features are, the more bland and samey each religion becomes. Already many of the religions in EK feel rather bland, having the Mer be the only ones with ancestor worship would help make them feel more unique. That said, this shouldn't mean that should be the only ones that have it, but as long as the Eight/Nine divines and daedra cults don't, that's enough to help set them apart.

Even if it isn't sainthood/venerated ancestors, there should be different mechanics and features for the mainline religions to keep them from feeling the same.

Most of the religions are based on the same aedra/daedra. The differences between those religions are minor for that same reason. That said you've got to give the mod devs time to add more, its a work in progress. It takes a while to pour over lore and find what can be added to the mod. The reachmen and the hagravens could have more regular events like ritual sacrifices. The Wild Hunt for the green pact. Temporary martial & health buff with a learning/diplomacy debuff for drinking hist sap. Duels for Malacath worshipers. Gladiator tournaments for Boethiah. Health buffing trait to counteract health loss due to diseases for Peryite and an event to start a plague if none are active. The daedra cults are probably the easiest to come up with ideas for giving them defining features/events.

One Suggestion I have would be to make the conquest cassus beli, added with the mod, an option I can turn on or off before I start the game. As it is no longer really necessary with the Jade Dragon dlc. Ideally, you could switch it off just for players or everyone including ai. The reason I'm suggesting this is that the game progresses very fast with this turned on; but most of the interesting events happen a few hundred years in.

please let vampires join the elder council if theyre benevolent
OR if the emperor is undead/necromancer/evil then all the undeads should be allowed on the council

please let vampires join the elder council if theyre benevolent
OR if the emperor is undead/necromancer/evil then all the undeads should be allowed on the council
The role of vampires in societies in general is something that's under review

Reactions:
A minor suggestion for Orgnum: Since he can no longer join a guild to get class traits give him some to start with. That or have a maomer only society (probably based on a religion check) that he is in charge of that most of them would go to as well.

A minor suggestion for Orgnum: Since he can no longer join a guild to get class traits give him some to start with. That or have a maomer only society (probably based on a religion check) that he is in charge of that most of them would go to as well.
I think there were plans at some point about making it possible for non Tamriel guild branches to be opened. Maybe it's just a matter of time until we get something similar for out of Tamriel games. I've done a couple of Falmer games on Roscrea and I missed the guild system, so any addition for out of Tamriel guilds would be more than welcome.

a maormer mages guild you can found that just happens to be older than the mages guild and actually is what inspired it dont you know, even if no one heard of it before just now, actually it came.. first

Vampires are really OP in Elder Kings. Maybe there is a way to nerf them somehow?
How so? They eventually get outed, which causes a pretty big approval malus, and then start facing periodic events that cause severe unrest. They also can't pass down their genetic traits, like having genius kids or whatever.