• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pr3tender

Corporal
Nov 24, 2016
This is not actually a suggestion (though it'd be cool if anything actually got in). Think like Kyros and Tunon. In addition to the laws that have been explicitly mentioned, what laws do you think would be part of Kyros' laws...? They can be silly, they can even conflict with the confirmed laws.

Unsorted list of confirmed laws (if I missed any confirmed laws, please tell me in the replies below);
  • Kyros Peace.
    Subservience to Kyros grants you immunity from murder, but makes suicide illegal. Kyros' lives are not yours to take. The punishment is death.

• Quotas and Sharing.
    An arcane (figure of speech) system of trade laws that grant workers permits, demand quotas and (in spirit) reserve resources for lean times.

• Magician's Folly.
    Mages aren't held responsible for the effects of their spells, if their spells are cast for the glory of Kyros.

• Laws of the Oldwalls.
    Entering the Oldwalls is forbidden if there's a reasonable alternative. The only exception is using the Oldwalls if they are the only way to reach a destination within a presumably specified amount of time. In addition, posession of any artifacts from the Oldwalls is forbidden. Explicitly, no laws prohibit entering, researching or ascending the Spires. Note of this is made in the game.

• Kyros' Name.
    The name of Kyros may not be used in any way or as part of any other name that create connotations with anything other than Kyros. E.g. Nobody may be named Kyros and nobody may use the name of Kyros to promote anything. Technically could be interpreted to extend towards giving Kyros a gender, but such is never stated in the game. Swearing using Kyros' name is also mentioned to be forbidden, but here, there are cases to be made for whether Kyros' name is used or called.
Unsorted list of suggested laws;
  • Candor before Tunon/Kyros Suggested by Pr3tender.
    It is illegal to lie or omit truth before a surrogate of Tunon. Refusing to speak is still an ommision of truth (hence why Tunon grows angry if you glare silently at him). Punishment varies based on the truth ommited and it's implications upon the execution of the law or the will of Kyros.

Entering the Oldwalls is forbidden if there's a reasonable alternative.
Sorry? I actually believed Oldwalls are forbidden without exception.

If you talk to Tunon, I believe he says something to the effect of, "entry to the Oldwalls are forbidden, except when the alternative is circumnavigating an entire mountain and you may only follow the most direct path through the Oldwalls. Any deviation and you're tresspassing".

I'm not sure, but I believed it's not "except" but "even". Because, well, why the hell Kyros' Law will take your convenience as a exculpatory factor?

Because, afaik, it was a clause taking into account the efficiency of the infrastructure. If it's for the glory of Kyros, you can take a shortcut through the Oldwalls, like. OR something like that.