• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would it be possible to see concubine for females in the future, so they could also have the same possibilities as males (enatic anyone?).

A higher priority would involve allowing Mod developers to allow for female and inland Merchant Republics.

How do you envision that would work code-wise?

I assume you mean how it would work in the actual game code, vs. how it would work in scripting. My answer to that would be, I don't really know. I'm not a programmer by trade nor do I know what the CK2 source code looks like. That's something for the programmers at Paradox to determine, as well as whether or not the amount of work that would be required to code in this functionality is worth the investment. I just think it would be a wonderful feature. Hope this answers your question

I assume you mean how it would work in the actual game code, vs. how it would work in scripting. My answer to that would be, I don't really know. I'm not a programmer by trade nor do I know what the CK2 source code looks like. That's something for the programmers at Paradox to determine, as well as whether or not the amount of work that would be required to code in this functionality is worth the investment. I just think it would be a wonderful feature. Hope this answers your question
No, that wasn't my question, I meant in scripting. Do you mean that each holy site would be defined both for a culture and religion, that some cultures would have the same holy sites no matter the religion or that it would be possible to have both standard holy sites for one religion and specific culture ones?

No, that wasn't my question, I meant in scripting. Do you mean that each holy site would be defined both for a culture and religion, that some cultures would have the same holy sites no matter the religion or that it would be possible to have both standard holy sites for one religion and specific culture ones?

My hope was something that worked essentially like how some localizations do, in that you could append a culture to a holy site to make it apply to people of that religion and culture only. They would still require religions to function. Something like "holy_site_saxon = norse_pagan" would result in a holy site that only appears for anglo-saxon germanic pagans.

In a related note, I would also love to see dynamic holy sites, both their amounts and their locations. Would be cool to found new holy sites during gameplay, but that's a suggestions for the suggestion forums.

TBH dynamically changing the location of holy sites during the game seems more feasible and sensible than your other proposal. Holy sites seem to be an structural property of religions, contributing to things like moral authority, etc. Making them a property if pairs <culture, religion> would entail probably redesigning several other concepts. Opposite to that, localisation doesn't affect game mechanics, which is why so many variables (religion, culture, government, gender) can be used to modify the same base string.

Greetings @blackninja9939, or rather @Meneth (edited)
I really hate to be annoying (ok who am I kidding, I love it), but could you maybe consider implementing a few pretty fundamental conditions?
I know some stuff is pretty far-fetched and also only useful for a few highly specialized mods, but the two conditions I am talking about are really basic stuff, and should imo also have been there since day 1:

"day = x" condition: Checks for a certain day in a month, so precise dates can be addressed. For example, with this you could force an event that celebrates Christmas on the 25th of December, instead of only "sometime during December, we don't really care when - maybe on the 14th this year honey?"

"has_minor_river = yes/no" condition: Checks whether a province has a (minor) river flowing through it. There even is an icon that shows whether a river is there in the interface (!), and it applies a combat malus. So the game must be aware that (minor) rivers exist, and indeed they have been in the game from day 1, longer even than major_rivers which where only added with TOG. But for some reason, they can not be referenced in the script?!

I know implementing modding suggestions isn't a priority, and you can mostly only do stuff that is feasible time-wise because it is somewhat related to the official DLC-development, but c'mon, you can't tell me these aren't fundamental conditions that could be useful for a multitude of applications, and their absence really is surprising. They both also belong to a sort of "family" of conditions, which are "date" (year, month, [day]) on the one hand and "body of water" (is_land=no, borders_lake, borders_major_river, [has_minor_river]) on the other, and which are both lacking a single part for some reason.
So I hope you may forgive my insolence, but really these two don't feel much like "suggestions" to me but rather like "oversights" that not only could, but really should be in the game.
Of course things are likely wrapped up for JD at this point, but if you guys can find time to implement these two for the next patch (I don't think Jade Dragon will be the last ^^), I'd maybe not be grateful, but at least appeased ;)
[/insolent_rambling]

Last edited:
Greetings @blackninja9939, since you seem to be around...
I really hate to be annoying (ok who am I kidding, I love it), but could you maybe consider implementing a few pretty fundamental conditions?
I know some stuff is pretty far-fetched and also only useful for a few highly specialized mods, but the two conditions I am talking about are really basic stuff, and should imo also have been there since day 1:

"day = x" condition: Checks for a certain day in a month, so precise dates can be addressed. For example, with this you could force an event that celebrates Christmas on the 25th of December, instead of only "sometime during December, we don't really care when - maybe on the 14th this year honey?"

"has_minor_river = yes/no" condition: Checks whether a province has a (minor) river flowing through it. There even is an icon that shows whether a river is there in the interface (!), and it applies a combat malus. So the game must be aware that (minor) rivers exist, and indeed they have been in the game from day 1, longer even than major_rivers which where only added with TOG. But for some reason, they can not be referenced in the script?!

I know implementing modding suggestions isn't a priority, and you can mostly only do stuff that is feasible time-wise because it is somewhat related to the official DLC-development, but c'mon, you can't tell me these aren't fundamental conditions that could be useful for a multitude of applications, and their absence really is surprising. They both also belong to a sort of "family" of conditions, which are "date" (year, month, [day]) on the one hand and "body of water" (is_land=no, borders_lake, borders_major_river, [has_minor_river]) on the other, and which are both lacking a single part for some reason.
So I hope you may forgive my insolence, but really these two don't feel much like "suggestions" to me but rather like "oversights" that not only could, but really should be in the game.
Of course things are likely wrapped up for JD at this point, but if you guys can find time to implement these two for the next patch (I don't think Jade Dragon will be the last ^^), I'd maybe not be grateful, but at least appeased ;)
[/insolent_rambling]
Implementing stuff is @Meneth's department. I am not a programmer but a Content Designer which means I know how to use the scripting language to do all the fun things but actually adding new functionality is not something I do.
If you want me to code anything you would be in for a version of the game that doesn't work ;) Maybe one day I will get to looking at how to make working code but for now it is up to Meneth :D

Speaking of things already in the game, is there a list of what values can be exported to variables?

If health and wealth aren't on that, I'd like to request that they be added (though I might have requested that before - I'm not sure)

Speaking of things already in the game, is there a list of what values can be exported to variables?

If health and wealth aren't on that, I'd like to request that they be added (though I might have requested that before - I'm not sure)
This is not the place for questions, keep them in the quick questions thread. Though I to answer your question anyway the following are in:
Code:
martial
diplomacy
intrigue
stewardship
learning
base_health
demesne_efficiency
decadence
dynasty_realm_power
fertility
infamy
mercenary_siphon_factor
monthly_income
plot_power
population_factor
relative_power_to_liege
religion_authority
revolt_risk
scaled_wealth
treasury/wealth
yearly_income
ai_greed
ai_honor
ai_rationality
ai_zeal
among_most_powerful_vassals
combat_rating
demesne_garrison_size
demesne_size
health_traits
imprisoned_days
lifestyle_traits
max_manpower
num_fitting_characters_for_title
num_of_baron_titles
num_of_buildings
num_of_children
num_of_claims
num_of_consorts
num_of_count_titles
num_of_count_titles_in_realm
num_of_duke_titles
num_of_dynasty_members
num_of_emperor_titles
num_of_empty_holdings
num_of_extra_landed_titles
num_of_feuds
num_of_friends
num_of_holy_sites
num_of_king_titles
num_of_lovers
num_of_max_settlements
num_of_plot_backers
num_of_prisoners
num_of_rivals
num_of_settlements
num_of_subrealm_castles
num_of_subrealm_cities
num_of_spouses
num_of_titles
num_of_trade_posts
num_of_traits
num_of_unique_dynasty_vassals
num_of_vassals
over_max_demesne_size
over_vassal_limit
personality_traits
piety
population
population_and_manpower
prestige
realm_diplomacy
realm_intrigue
realm_learning
realm_martial
realm_stewardship
realm_levies
realm_levies_plus_allies
max_realm_levies
realm_size
republic_total_num_of_trade_posts
ruled_years
score
unused_manpower
retinue_points_max
retinue_points_used
retinue_points_free
total_tax_value
holding_tax_value
dynastic_prestige
society_currency
So in your case you can use treasury or wealth to export the amount of gold they have.
Base health will export their natural health before modifications form traits etc. There is currently no way to export overall health but the suggestion is noted :)

Could you also make Pentarchy titles and names dynamic? Like, "AUTOCEPHALOUS_REL_HEAD_mimamsa" to allow a Mimamsa Religion to have its own titles and tooltips for its Pentarchies. (That way, they could be called Abbots for one religion and Patriarchs for others, and Matriarchs for still others, and so on.)

Allow kingdoms to have different Autocephaly religious heads based on religion: e.g., that if the ERE is Miaphysite, it answers to the Patriarch in Antioch, if Paulician, to Rome, and if Orthodox, to Ecumenical Patriarch, and so on and so forth. "K_ITALY = { MIAPHYSITE_PENTARCH = X ORTHODOX_PENTARCH = X }".

Likewise, please make it so that "SET_PENTARCHY" Comamnd can be done for only one religion, as opposed to everyone.

I am bringing these back, because I never got a real response.

I also second splitting Pentarchy from Autocephaly.

Apologies, if this has been suggested already but I just wish there could be a way to add culture specific names to titles without touching the landed_titles.txt file (and thus make the mod incompatible for ironman/achievements), preferably as a localisation key.

Something like:

b_saarbrucken_frankish;Sarrebruck;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

instead of doing:

b_saarbrucken = {
frankish = "Sarrebruck"
}

in the landed_titles.txt file.

How about modding status icons on character portraits (like in hiding, on pilgrimage, leading troops at province or job at province) and may be assign effects to them like regency, council job eligibility, moving to a location etc.

Last edited:
@blackninja9939

I bumped it because I never got a response, not to bring attention back to it. I was hoping for a response, which you gave to several other people

@blackninja9939

I bumped it because I never got a response, not to bring attention back to it. I was hoping for a response, which you gave to several other people
My response means little, I am not the one implementing anything... ;)
My responses have been telling people work arounds for their requests or if they are already in game :)
Also no response does not equal not seen by anyone.