• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could we get trait flag "cannot_command = yes", which would block rulers from commanding armies like the toggle button player has? It is tedious to lose a crusade because Pope got captured after losing a battle.

Allowing variables -or a similar device- take localisable strings as value would be an incredible help for modding.

Imagine as an example we use a variable called "status" to give it the values "married", "single", "divorced" and "widowed. Then in the localisation of an event we can use [Root.GetTitledName] is [Root.status.Getvalue]" to display wether Root is married, single, etc. Without having to script the triggers for difderemt descriptions localistions.

It wouls make the code mucho more concise and the localisation much more flexible.

I wish it was possible to give certain cultures fighting bonuses in certain terrains, such as Frisians fighting better in marshes and the Steppe people getting a bonus on plains and steppes.

Another one: add a new clause to building definitions precludes = { b1 ... bn } where b1 ... bn is a list of building tags. This would override the potential clause of the buildings b1 to bn, making them not show in the building interface and be un-buildable.

This would be interesting when you want some particular holdings to have custom bulding and not the "mainstream" ones, without needing to modify the potential clause of other building, ad thus improving compatibility with updates and other mods.

I wish it was possible to give certain cultures fighting bonuses in certain terrains, such as Frisians fighting better in marshes and the Steppe people getting a bonus on plains and steppes.
I've done something like that with traits.
For instance, you could make a trait with 'potential = { culture = frisian }', 'random = yes', 'birth = 10000' and the appropriate command_modifier... It needs a couple of checks to make sure that they all get the trait, but it's definitely already possible.

I've done something like that with traits.
For instance, you could make a trait with 'potential = { culture = frisian }', 'random = yes', 'birth = 10000' and the appropriate command_modifier... It needs a couple of checks to make sure that they all get the trait, but it's definitely already possible.
That's indeed a possible solution, but I would prefer to just set the bonuses in the cultures.txt file in order to not clogg up the list of traits.

It doesn't work for people who are leading troops there or councilors in that province.
Seems to work fine.
..II just tested it to make sure. Made a decision that kills characters with any_province_character scope, and it wiped out everyone in the province. Including army leaders who happened to be there.

Some councillors survived, but they were elsewhere (studying technology, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions:
Seems to work fine.
..II just tested it to make sure. Made a decision that kills characters with any_province_character scope, and it wiped out everyone in the province. Including army leaders who happened to be there.

Some councillors survived, but they were elsewhere (researching, studying technology, etc).
It doesn't work the way you think it does.
It only works for characters within that realm. For example, if you scope to the province within realm of England, it will select everyone in the realm of England AND in that location (this is what you did and this works fine). HOWEVER, any commander or Councillor not from the realm of England (let's say the commanders are from the realm of France and they are in England fighting) will not be selected by this scope.

It doesn't work the way you think it does.
Would be odd if a scope called 'any province character' doesn't actually scope to all of them, but if that really doesn't work... then why not just use this?:
Code:
any_character = {
   limit = { at_location = PREV }
   <effect>
}

Because it's too CPU-intensive?

Would be odd if a scope called 'any province character' doesn't actually scope to all of them, but if that really doesn't work... then why not just use this?:
Code:
any_character = {
   limit = { at_location = PREV }
   <effect>
}

Because it's too CPU-intensive?
Exactly. If the character locations are cached when they enter an area, then it wouldn't be CPU intensive at all. Currently, I check between any realm character who is at war with (which cuts down the check by a lot).

Please make it possible for dynasties to be renamed if the leader of the dynasty has a certain culture. In our mod ''The Winter King'', we have separate cultures for the Proto-Norse and the Old Norse, and thus, different dynasty (and character) names. However, the Proto-Norse eventually become the Old Norse, and their established dynasties currently keep their Proto-Norse names. It would be great if this small change could be made.

Also, if you could please make it possible to set the coats of arms to change depending on culture, and not religion, this would be very handy. This could just be for certain cultures, like the Norse, so that their flags wouldn't immediately change upon conversion to Christianity, but gradually, as the culture splits up. Thank you for your time and effort.

Reactions:
Was this not already disabled in RD? I thought I read that in one of the developer diaries..
You're right, I found this:

Reduced the number of unnecessary courtiers generated; should somewhat improve performance

So now it stops at the default muslim maximum of 4, which isn't that bad. Nice to have it changed before i even bothered to ask :D

My religious suggestions:
  • Add religion effect "pentarchy = yes/no", associated with "autocephaly = yes/no". If explicitly set one of these parameters - (de)activated pentarchy and autocephaly, but only autocephaly activated, if set "pentarchy = no autocephaly = yes" and vice versa only pentarchy, if set "pentarchy = yes autocephaly = no". Required for religions subordinate nobility, such as the Insular Christianity.
  • Allow specify provinces are pentarchy like holy sites (pentarchy = <religion/religion_group>) to replace hardcoded pentarchy provinces
  • Add religion effect "title_autocephaly = <localisation_key>", to specify title of by the head of the Autocephalous Church
  • Add religion effect "cult = <other religion same group>". Required for in religious cults, such as catholical and buddhistic monastic orders
    • Cults cannot attacked or conversion the parent religion and vice versa
    • Cult inherit all not replaced parameters from parent religion, including religion head
    • Religious liege of cult head - head of parent religion, that is heads of catholical cults can pay tax to the Pope
    • Parent religion and all cults always can intermarry and inherit theocratic titles (except religion heads) from each other
    • Add religion effect "can_lead_parent_religion = yes/no" (default: no) allowing cult member inherit parent religion head and elector titles

Last edited: