• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually, both a "wonder_build_cost_modifier" and "wonder_build_time_modifier" modifier seem to exist - check the vanilla architect trait.
They are, however, not documented on the wiki and I can't say whether they work.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to be able to exclude certain wonders from contributing to the stacking penalty by setting a flag on them.
Oh wow that's some good news. And adding wonder_build_cost_modifier = -0.4 to a wonder's owner_modifier section should remove the stacking penalty just for that wonder.

Oh wow that's some good news. And adding wonder_build_cost_modifier = -0.4 to a wonder's owner_modifier section should remove the stacking penalty just for that wonder.
The only problem with that is that it only applies when the wonder is finished whereas the cost increase starts the day a wonder starts being built. Still, the Tianxia mod that would benefit from this on the great wall sections somebody made.

Two things that would be nice have for character modifiers and opinion modifiers: A provides_taxes = no and a provides_levies = no flag, controlling whether the person with the modifier provides those things to their liege (in the case of the opinion modifier, it would only happen if the liege was the target of the opinion modifier). This would make it possible to e.g.add a Favour interaction to get tax exemption or to have rivals refuse to provide taxes/levies. A reverse_ version of the two might also be useful, in case we want some modifier on/from the liege to block either, e.g. the opinion modifier towards faction members.

Alternatively, adding it using semi-hardcoded scriptable triggers would possibly be more useful, even though that might be harder to add, letting us do something like this:

Code:
provides_taxes_trigger = { # Hardcoded; MUST exist
    #always = yes # Vanilla
   opinion = {
       who = liege
       value = -50
   }
   NOT = {
       liege = {
           is_kinslayer_trigger = yes
           dynasty = ROOT
       }
   }
   # Etc.
}

Edit: Also, it would be nice to have dynamic opinion_faction_member_FACTION_NAME opinion modifiers that are applied along with the basic opinion_faction_member opinion, so that you can treat faction membership differently from one faction to another. This could be useful if you want to prevent membership in some factions from being perceived as bad (e.g. a Loyalist faction) or if you want to treat membership in some faction(s) as worse than membership in some other faction(s).

Last edited:
While this suggestion may sound redundant, I would find it very helpful to be able to make the the changes you'd make to cultural title names in landed_titles.txt inside of localisation, similar to how you change adjectives.

For example, rather than having the below with it's adjective localised as 'k_england_french_adj;Anglais;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x'
Code:
k_england = {
      french = "Angleterre"
}
I'd like to be able to just set them together in localisation as:
Code:
k_england_french;Angleterre;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
k_england_french_adj;Anglais;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

My primary reason for thinking this is easier is because everything is in one place and, while this second reason might just be me, sometimes the cultural title names don't load until I fidget with the order of assignment a bit. As a third reason, it would also help with creating localisation mods that are generally more compatible with other mods that might affect the landed_titles folder.

More scopes/conditions/commands related to elections would be very useful, e.g an is_voting_for condition, a preferred_candidate scope and a force_vote_for command (mimicking calling in succession support), so that you can access the election mechanics from outside of succession_voting.txt.

While this suggestion may sound redundant, I would find it very helpful to be able to make the the changes you'd make to cultural title names in landed_titles.txt inside of localisation, similar to how you change adjectives.
Pretty sure it used to be that way. Don't knoe why they thought it would be done better in landed_titles. :confused:

Some modding suggestions:

Ability to define resouces and add them on define page. Resources like piety, gold, prestige. Modders should be allowed them as much as they wish. Right now resourse modding experience concludes with that player can change they names but not add new one. WOuld be nice if modder can add as many as they wish. Resources like Iron, wood, gems, marble or what ever can be added if resource defination would be added.

another suggestion is also for defines file. Right now there is 4 defines about inbreeding
INBRED_TRAIT_CHANCE_FACTOR = 1.0, -- Inbreeding: Multiplier to the base chance
LUNATIC_TRAIT_CHANCE_FACTOR = 0.2, -- Inbreeding: Multiplier to the base chance
INBRED_DIVINE_BLOOD_TRAIT_CHANCE_FACTOR = 0.02, -- Inbreeding: Multiplier to the base chance
LUNATIC_DIVINE_BLOOD_TRAIT_CHANCE_FACTOR = 0.1, -- Inbreeding: Multiplier to the base chance

my suggestion would be that all traits should be able defined by inbreeding and divine blood. That trait place should be defined as TRAINAME what could be replace with any trait in traits file.

Just some humble suggestions.

For example, rather than having the below with it's adjective localised as 'k_england_french_adj;Anglais;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x'
Code:
k_england = {
      french = "Angleterre"
}
I'd like to be able to just set them together in localisation as:
Code:
k_england_french;Angleterre;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
k_england_french_adj;Anglais;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

My primary reason for thinking this is easier is because everything is in one place and, while this second reason might just be me, sometimes the cultural title names don't load until I fidget with the order of assignment a bit. As a third reason, it would also help with creating localisation mods that are generally more compatible with other mods that might affect the landed_titles folder.

Does it no longer work?
It used to be that either way worked fine.

Being able to define custom_TIER_allow (conditions for recreating custom titles, as they can't be defined in landed_titles like normal titles) scripted_triggers (or similar) would be very useful, in case we want some other conditions than the default de jure control percentage + piety + gold. A global_TIER_allow (working as an AND with title-specific conditions) would possibly also be useful as it would make it possible to make global changes to title creation (for a specific tier) without modifying every title individually.

I have another suggestion:
  • Allow static culture modifiers to accept character modifiers as well. Currently they only work for province modifiers.
Which is a bummer because there would be great potential for something like <culture>_opinion modifiers between related cultures, which could simulate a bit better that some culture are related even if not in the same culture group.
Edit3: Well nevermind, I just can't read... it turns out this is already possible. Still, the below section on the wiki page still apply.

Edit: Also, the link in the OP is broken, it does not load the page anymore. The proper link should be this: https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Modding_suggestions

Edit2: Actually, that whole page could use some cleanup. The implemented suggestions section was not updated since patch 2.8.2 - and I'm currently not allowed to edit the page (though that might be some technical error).
Are you devs actually still looking at this thread/the wiki page?

Last edited:
I would like to see triggers 'scaled_prestige' and 'scaled_piety', similar to 'scaled_wealth'. Currently only effects with these names exist, but 'scaled_wealth' (with the clause functionality) has been both a trigger and effect since 2.8.

1. I hope that Paradox would make cultural diversity of religious attires. The more moddable, the better.
(Christian priests of Levantine, Assyrian, and some other near-eastern cultures may wear black, while Greek priests have more splendid attires)
2. With patch 2.7 a new mechanism was added to override the clothing layers based on rules.
A new scope is used, which is a sort of limited version of a character scope, with conditions prefixed with portrait_.
I hope that we could have more portrait scopes to be used - It would be the most ideal if all the character scopes can be used in the portrait override mechanic.

Though the days of CK2 are to be numbered, I still have to announce it out loud.

Last edited:
Not sure how feasible it is, but it would be nice if we could get some insights into the weights/AI reasoning for various hardcoded diplomatic interactions, whether in the form of actual weights or as a list of all the factors that go into it.

I know actually exporting those weights to the defines/making the interactions scriptable has been rejected, but for anyone that is considering reworking/replacing a hardcoded interaction it would still be quite helpful to know how it currently works so that anything that you want to keep can remain unchanged (e.g. if you want to only change the "Wants a matrilineal marriage" part of the marriage logic then knowing what else goes into it and what the weights for those things are would be very nice).

Not sure how feasible it is, but it would be nice if we could get some insights into the weights/AI reasoning for various hardcoded diplomatic interactions, whether in the form of actual weights or as a list of all the factors that go into it.
I agree that it would be very helpful to know this stuff.

I know actually exporting those weights to the defines/making the interactions scriptable has been rejected, but for anyone that is considering reworking/replacing a hardcoded interaction it would still be quite helpful to know how it currently works so that anything that you want to keep can remain unchanged (e.g. if you want to only change the "Wants a matrilineal marriage" part of the marriage logic then knowing what else goes into it and what the weights for those things are would be very nice).
When/by whom was it rejected? Would be helpful if you could point me to the source of this claim.

If true, this is very unfortunate since afaik even if theoretically one could replace a hard-coded diploaction with a custom targetted decision, it would be very difficult if not impossible to replicate the UI windows/elements the former make use of (for example, can you mod in the favour button to windows and actually make it usable in conjunction with a custom targetted decision?).