• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I saw this in the wiki as I was about to make this suggestion:
In addition, the ability to set random CoAs for specific titles
I was thinking that this should be the default behaviour until a CoA texture is specified for a title, and the coat_of_arms tag could be used for a well-defined appearance like it is in the case of baronies.

Reactions:
I know it's too late to be included in patch 2.6, but it is possible to include mod support for matronymics in the Cultures file / folder? It can be deactivated in vanilla, but modders could activate it for use in ahistorical / fantasy mods for making matriarchal / semi-matriarchal cultures more unique.

On a semi-related note, is it possible to mod in levy / retinue reinforcement rate in either the Laws file / folder in relation to the gender laws or the Cultures file / folder in relation to the cultures? In ahistorical / fantasy mods, it could simulate realms or cultures having either Enatic or Enatic-Cognatic succession taking longer than other realms to recover from a major war since you need a certain percentage of pre-menopausal women for a realm's population to stay stable, while on the other hand, you don't need as many men to keep a realm's population stable.

Just as we have the command to grant titles "grant_title = FROM" we need a command to grant viceroy titles "grant_viceroy = FROM" because there is no such command in the command list, and also there is no way to set a title's flag "is_vice_royalty" to true or false.
Thank you.

Edit:
We also would like to have a command that changes the color of a title and some control over the color of a newly created title, thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Folder structure for CB, honestly trying to figure out what's what in the massive CB file is a nightmare.

Reactions:
Folder structure for CB, honestly trying to figure out what's what in the massive CB file is a nightmare.
With the CK2 Notepad++ plugin, it is easier. I do however believe this isn't really a matter of increased moddability.

Yeah but they have dumped everything into one massive file anyway.
Thats not a suggestion for improve moddability then is it? That is just you wanting to have paradox organise things in separate files.
If you only modify a few cbs then you can just as easily take those cbs and put them into a new file of your own then each time paradox updates the normal cb files you just remove the cbs you have in your separate file and you then only have to update your ones.

Reactions:
Thats not a suggestion for improve moddability then is it? That is just you wanting to have paradox organise things in separate files.
If you only modify a few cbs then you can just as easily take those cbs and put them into a new file of your own then each time paradox updates the normal cb files you just remove the cbs you have in your separate file and you then only have to update your ones.
Except it is an issue for modability if I have made a single change to a CB ten I have to keep the entire file in my mod, and that it also means sifting through a lot of code every path to realise what are their changes and what is my modding.

Reactions:
Except it is an issue for modability if I have made a single change to a CB ten I have to keep the entire file in my mod, and that it also means sifting through a lot of code every path to realise what are their changes and what is my modding.

Welcome to paradox modding.

Reactions:
And? My solution is still viable

Reactions:
I read that in the patch notes that religions that AI characters that have a religion with Divine Blood will now rarely use the mechanic. I wanted to know if it could it be possible to allow the factor that decides whether the AI does incestuous marriages or doesn't.

I read that in the patch notes that religions that AI characters that have a religion with Divine Blood will now rarely use the mechanic. I wanted to know if it could it be possible to allow the factor that decides whether the AI does incestuous marriages or doesn't.
Already a define, DIVINE_BLOOD_INCEST_FACTOR = 1 where 1 is normal and smaller numbers lead to the ai being less likely to do incest marriages

Reactions:
We would like to have the option to disable and override vanilla decisions by re-using their names and altering them in separate files instead of copy the whole file.
I think it's necessary because otherwise we're forced to copy the entire file and it yields potential conflicts with other mods which also include the same vanilla file. as well it has maintenance concerns with future patches to check every time whether the file is still up to date or not.

Reactions: