• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aramenian

Major
28 Badges
Sep 26, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Currently Hawaiian islands are an area for colonization which is a mistake because there were quite a few kingdoms on these islands.
I would like to focus on the main island of Hawaii from which the name took all the islands namely on the island of .
the unification of hawaii began with the island of Hawai'i where after the death of Kalani'ōpu'u. His son, Kīwala'ō as king of Hawai'i, succeeded him;
But the ruler of Kīwala'ō has not been in power for a long time and has been overthrown by Kamehameh I in the Battle of Mokuohai. The island of Hawai'i was then effectively divided into three parts: his nephew Kamehameha I ruled the western districts, his younger son Keōua Kuahuula controlled Ka'ū, and his brother Keawemauhili controlled Hilo.

List of the rulers of the island of Hawai'i:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alii_nui_of_Hawaii
The result of the Battle of Mokurai was the division of the island of Hawai'i into two parts, one by Kamehameh I and by Keōu Kuahuul and his brother Keawemauhili.
Let's look at the change on the island of Hawai'i in 1782, the island is divided into a part dominated by Kamehameha I and a road controlled by Keōua Kū'ahu'ula.
Propozycja dla hawajów.jpg

Dates mean the conquest of islands or vassals
O'ahu has been conquered by the king of Maui

The Kingdom of Hawaii.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Hawaii
flag of the kingdom of hawaii:
125px-Flag_of_Hawaii.svg.png
the capitals of the Kingdom of Hawaii
The possibility of creating a state after the conquest of islands:
-the unification of the island of Hawai'i
-conquering the island of Maui
-conquest of the island of O'ahu
One could also add an event related to the death of James Cook which would affect the relationship with the United Kingdom and the population of Hawaiian islands. He would be able to return the body of the captain, which will improve the relationship with the Great Britain. Be the refusal to hand over the body of the captain, which worsens the relations with Great Britain.
It could also be an event related to Kamehameha I advisors
namely John Young and Isaac Davis they helped him to modernize the Army and maintain trade relations with Europeans.
videos from YouTube about the history of conquests Kamehameha I

• 2Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
There is good reason why they are vacant and open to colonisation, they have nothing to do. Being so split off from everywhere makes them unable to do anything until discovered and then destroyed or ignored and they continue to build up till their city makes Venice look dry.

There is good reason why they are vacant and open to colonisation, they have nothing to do. Being so split off from everywhere makes them unable to do anything until discovered and then destroyed or ignored and they continue to build up till their city makes Venice look dry.

I could imagine two solutions for this:
Either give them a colonist as an ambition, or modify sea zones/add islands so they can reach/be reached via island hopping from Indonesia

I could imagine two solutions for this:
Either give them a colonist as an ambition, or modify sea zones/add islands so they can reach/be reached via island hopping from Indonesia
Problem is still the distance. There's not that many islands linking to Hawaii. There's also the issue that natives don't get ships.

In fairness it'll take a fair while (the James Cook expedition discovering hawaii in 1778) before there's even recognised interaction with the west in which 3/4 of the game would have eclipsed before that point or even proactive east asian nations will ever colonise in your local area.

In game terms: There are places to colonise if you especially wait out with grindingly slow tech + adoption of a navigator advisor to absolutely max out your range, it'll just take a loong looooooong time to do anything.

Ambition: 25% more effective naval colonisation range + 10% boat morale + a NI to have a colonist could make a sea-faring Polynesian nation worthwhile after the wait if you could discover and find America to put down roots.

My proposal does not focus on the year of the game, i.e. 1444, and in 1782 when the island of Hawai'i is divided and Kamehameha I begins to unite the islands from which it will create the kingdom of Hawaii. The most I mean is the opportunity to play in 1782 and unite hawaii

There would be many steps to properly implement Polynesians in EU4, as there would be no proper way to portray them with the current mechanics.
  1. Split off the Polynesians from the Malay culture group and give them their own culture group or combine them into the Pacific culture group. Polynesian culture would be split into Hawaiian, Maori, Melanesian, Micronesian, Polynesian (Samoan, Tahitian, Rapanui,Tongan, etc) and Taiwanese (would stay in Malay group).
  2. Give them their own tech group with unique ships that would function as unarmed transports. More advanced ships would require coming into contact with more advanced civilizations.
  3. Give them their own unit graphics instead of using the Indian ones.
  4. Redraw the sea zones to allow Polynesians to fabricate claims on each other OR a special Polynesian CB that allows wars without a claim against other Polynesians.
  5. Allow them to migrate across sea zones.
  6. BONUS: Give them their own advisor portraits.
However, I highly doubt the inclusion of the Polynesians. It would take a lot of work to make the Polynesians both fun and playable.

My proposal does not focus on the year of the game, i.e. 1444, and in 1782 when the island of Hawai'i is divided and Kamehameha I begins to unite the islands from which it will create the kingdom of Hawaii. The most I mean is the opportunity to play in 1782 and unite hawaii
Problem there is Pdox isn't supporting anything other than the 1444 start date. 1782 is far too late in the game for them to make a micro DLC just for Hawaii.

Eh they make a Dlc specifically America :D
Polunesian actually are good seafarers and colonisize back then , the maoris originially came for what is the island back in the day.

Eh they make a Dlc specifically America :D
It is the only one of it's type and has no support. There's been multiple mechanics that fit the US that have been added and would better represent it but they haven't been implemented.

My suggestion: Make the islands prohibitive to colonise. Make the precursors to the kingdom spawn on the islands by event in the 16 or 1700s. Give them all a special CB on each other and the KoH formable if all the islands are owned. Give them a colonist in their ideas. Add a bunch of interesting events for interactions between them and the outside world.