• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 6, 2019
Hi,

This is my first post so please direct me elsewhere if this is incorrect.

Would this be the appropriate place to suggest improvements or suggestions for Stellaris: Console Edition? I’ve seen bug reporting threads and the Devs seem very responsive.

Firstly, Thank you! Stellaris is the game I always wanted but never knew existed. I discovered this game 2 months ago when i randomly heard someone talking about it and the story swept me off my feet. From primitive world subjugation to forming federations to galaxy-wide cataclysms. How can a game like this exist? It sounds so expansive! I watched a few YouTube videos and within an hour, I had it downloaded. And now I can’t shut up about it. I’ve already got 3 friends hooked from the adventures in empire management I told them and our next step is multiplayer.

I have it on the PS4 as it’s my preferred method to play games on. I also bought the PC version but I always find myself gravitating towards console for ease of use, comfort etc. Stellaris works so well on the console and the port is excellent! It must have been really difficult to get a game of this magnitude to work with a controller. I’m very excited for utopia and am looking forward to the 13/8 and potentially other DLC’s and Expansions from the PC version (If I could put the “Take My Money” meme in here, I would). So please, let everyone involved with this game know just how amazing it is and thank you!

Aside from me gushing. Would it be a good idea for a dedicated suggestions/bug fix thread?

My suggestion would be to have the ability to increase game speed. The 3 current “pips” are great but when you get to late game I would have enjoyed a 4th “pip” for even faster progression of time.

I find myself now using only stop and “ahead full!”. I appreciate when I first started I used all 3 modes and was thankful for it and any new players will always find it useful. By the time I was on my second play though, I hardly use the first and second “pips”. I’m not suggesting to re-tool the speeds of the pips as they are now to the potential detriment to the community but to add a faster speed if possible? Or a re-tooling of the fastest "pip" if appropriate? I notice my PC version is very much faster when on "Full ahead!"

Is this something anyone else has wanted?

Last edited:
Agreed here, its all well and good at end game to sit there for literal hours watching fleets pump out while nothing else is happening, but doing it at a faster speed would be nice.

Even if this only works on PS4 pro/Xbox One X

When it comes to the game's speed, one must consider the hardware the console edition is running on. There is only so much processing power the current gen consoles can offer, and the game's maximum speed is, in big part, tied to that.

We can speculate, of course, that if Stellaris manages to become a cross-generation title on both PS4 and Xbox, we could reevaluate whether an increase in max speed would be possible on a superior hardware, but at this point it's just too early to say.