• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We had this game mode up and running early on, but we noticed that it actually wasn't that fun in this game. Because we don't have any re-spawn system, we found it encouraged hiding in the shadows and let other players duke it out and weaken themselves before you just finish them of.

We found that team-games is much more fun. That said, we are certainly open for suggestions and perhaps we might revisit this gameplay mode in the future if enough players want it.

Doing a versus with the current points system would stop people doing it. They sit back they lose out on points while the others in play claim them. Playing with friends though we are likely to only have games of 3 players and we don't really want to play against AI. Would really just like a random 1v1v1.

Consider a Free for all mode to be desired -- At least by me!

I can understand if it seemed to promote a bit of unkind play in the regard or letting two others duke it out, or people being caught between two enemies due to spawn locations (though this would only be a real issue with 3 people). I think it would just mean people need to be a bit more cautious, and you know what? so be it!

A free for all is never meant to be balanced, and frankly, you probably wouldn't FFA against randoms on the net, but between my group of friends? hell yes we want a free for all mode!

It need not be extravagant, it just seems like a strange omission.

Playing with friends though we are likely to only have games of 3 players and we don't really want to play against AI.

Actually, having been a long time LoL casual player, I'd love to have the option to co-op comp stomp with the Points or Assassin modes. I bought this game with my girlfriend and sometimes we don't have either the time or the inclination to wait for matchmade games.

Actually, having been a long time LoL casual player, I'd love to have the option to co-op comp stomp with the Points or Assassin modes. I bought this game with my girlfriend and sometimes we don't have either the time or the inclination to wait for matchmade games.

Agreed, PCs are fun to go against every now and then just for the heck of it, or to shake the rust off. Free for all play would be beneficial. Better to have it and not need it.

An idea for preventing camping during free for all - have the player who gets the first kill get a substantial bonus to offset putting themselves in danger. Like, a permanent armor class bonus or something. And perhaps a lesser bonus for subsequent kills to encourage keeping up the momentum.

An idea for preventing camping during free for all - have the player who gets the first kill get a substantial bonus to offset putting themselves in danger. Like, a permanent armor class bonus or something. And perhaps a lesser bonus for subsequent kills to encourage keeping up the momentum.

This then makes a more defensive player at a distinct disadvantage.

As written earlier in this thread by mosimo, I think as well it would be more interesting to see a system based around the current way the points work. To discourage camping you could look into smaller point goals to win the game, the ones that decide to wait in a corner while the others fight it out would then lose it anyway as they'll never receive the required points to win. Of course you'd need to check how to balance this so that the game is not over too quick. It'd be fun to see a gamemode like this, but can understand as well why it is not in the game yet after reading crickett's post.

This then makes a more defensive player at a distinct disadvantage.[/QUOTE

If by defensive you mean camping, then I don't see what the problem is. But defensive play =/= camping. If you're sitting in a corner sucking your thumb while everyone else does the work, you deserve everything you've got coming to you. If you're using clever tactics, recon screens, and long range superiority, then I don't see how a heavy armored Commonwealth fleet would be at any disadvantage.