• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thor8

Sergeant
35 Badges
Apr 6, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Surviving Mars
  • Semper Fi
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I played with Menesthei a campaign. This hellenic republic is in the south of Hispania. I had a relative good senate approval the whole game without caring to much about the parties objectives (sometimes when I needed a bit more senate approval I do one of them and the approval rised up).

But at the end of the game the approval was under 10%. Sometimes at 4%, 6%, when I decided to make all the parties objectives I can I reached 11% and then drops again to 6%.

Some objectives were about aproving a law but I can't do it cause I needed a 30% of the senate approval. I decided to get a dictatorship by inventions, but I can't set my gobernor as dictator cause I wan't in a war and I can't declare a war because I don't have the 30% of senate approval!

I tried to becoming friend with the another party leaders, improving my popularity but no result!

Devs, you should add mechanism to unblock this situation:

1. The senate approval should reset with every new government. The senate looks like they are judging me as player and not the governors.
  2. Be able to set a governor as dictator with some mechanisms (not only being at war). A) Low stability + high approval + popularity > Become dictator B) Low approval + high popularity > Be able to make a Coup.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: