**Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Loss Statistics
- That thing in HOI3 where in the production tab, you can click a button on a production slider and the optimal amount of IC will be given to that slider.
- no more ghost fleets.

Loss statistics are already in. They will be introduced shortly and finally come with the patch.

Ghost fleets haven't been a problem since DD.

Some new peace events would be good.

I'm playing a game where USA didn't join the Allies, and Germany defeated USSR.
So, the Germans keep beating the Allies all Africa and Asia, annexing British Raj in the way to southeast Asia = they are painting the world in gray, and the Allies still mantain its useless war, in this case just to let the Axis conquer the rest of the "free" world.
IMO if Germans beat USSR and USA isn't in the Allies side, the game turns so obvious to a German victory that the Allies could try a deal, make a peace with the Axis for some minor concessions in order to try to avoyd the German world conquest...

I'm full on Sicilian, so use your imagination. :happy:

For God sake - why didn't you told us earlier? Godfather... can you aid us?

---
You could implement / add some useful mechanics from latest expansion set for HOI3. What i mean are the peace treaties. Everyone should be able to demand / request / offer for profits which he's fighting for.

Its just wish for the future a more detailed rail and road system for a more detailed reinforcement, bomb defend a railway junction a bridge that stuff
and i wish a more detailed division that actually can split in 3 or 4 regiments/brigades, so there are less divisions but more regiments on the field.
Divisions mostly were scattered to regimental groups by combat, transport or retreat as the war advanced.
Just me dreaming
But for now I am very very interested/happy about the approaching 1.3 !! (beta)

Last edited:
Its just wish for the future a more detailed rail and road system for a more detailed reinforcement, bomb defend a railway junction a bridge that stuff
and i wish a more detailed division that actually can split in 3 or 4 regiments/brigades, so there are less divisions but more regiments on the field.
Divisions mostly were scattered to regimental groups by combat, transport or retreat as the war advance.
Just me dreaming
But for now I am very very interested/happy about the approaching 1.3 !! (beta)

I don't think that belongs in a grand strategy game, I think something on a lower scale would be better suited for that, something like "The Operational Art of War". I think the sort of stuff you described are correctly abstracted out of the game into measures like "organisation" and "infrastructure".

Hey, any/what sort of improvements can we expect to naval AI, if any?
Currently you can just put a few planes in Saipan and bomb the US Navy in Guam and they will not react. Then move on to somewhere else.
I know this can be a tricky thing to improve, but just hopeful and curious ;)

research queue

i think this is last micromanagement hell especially if you play with teachteam takeover option and you conquer many small countries

also thanks to quick DH engine, this is only thing that stops you from fast-forwarding some less interesting times (especially that timeframe is now much longer than original)

I would like to see an event chain for Hitler's death. One for succesful 20 July plot and the other for when the Berlin is surrounded and take before the rest of the german-held territory. So the Hitler commits suicide and then what? I want to see some events like that :)

Has anyone asked for the ability to specify the sea areas that a supply convoy moves through? If the Americans hold Indonesia, their supply convoys should not be forced to sail past Japan. A routing officer could send the convoys through controlled waters around Australia to avoid attrition.

I feel like that can be solved by tweaking the A.I. system that controls convoys...I don't know though, not too well versed on A.I..

Has anyone asked for the ability to specify the sea areas that a supply convoy moves through? If the Americans hold Indonesia, their supply convoys should not be forced to sail past Japan. A routing officer could send the convoys through controlled waters around Australia to avoid attrition.

1. Infiltration Assault Improvement: Give even higher morales than Manpower. Frankly, given the "ideological" aspect of the the belief in the mental, I would have to say that Manpower (massive conscripts with commissioners carrying the bullet half of the time) having higher morales than Infiltration Assault part of the time seems a bit unbalanced. At the same time, it should have even less organization.

2. The Surrender events. It annoys me to no end when I'm suddenly turned into a puppet of the US as I play as an independent Korea allied with the Chinese, for example.

3. Leader characteristic: Add "Infantry Leader", which is similar to the "Panzer Leader" except the focus is on infantry.

4. (Not sure if interface) Being able to select individual armies when having selected a group of armies in a province. Sometimes I have to stake up a couple dozen 1 division armies in a region, and my combining them into larger armies tends to be very time consuming.

I'd like to see some revision of the "national provinces" used by countries.
For example, Iceland and Greenland being designated as USA national provinces later in the game isn't accurate.

Here is a very minor suggestion:

Block the marked passages. This area gets too much attention in AI-vs-AI games and Japan often fails to defend it, so it's not uncommon to see China in control of Vietnam in 1941. If the passages are blocked, it should be easy to defend the area and that front would become more static.

Also, I think that the devs should consider giving AI Japan some additional MARs and INFs at the beginning of the Pacific War or at the very least tell AI Japan to build more troops in 1940-1941 at the cost of air units (esp. TACs - the AI produces too many of them). I think that Japan often lacks the boots on the ground.

Last edited: