**Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An infrastructure mapmode would be superb; I usually build up infrastructure in one to three provinces nearing key border areas (resources permitting) for use of my sneaky (and sometimes admittedly less effective than I'd like) tactics. It can be hard to remember how each province is doing, especially in nations like the USSR or the USA... Though I've also had spots of forgetfulness while playing smaller nations as well. If possible, it would be a fantastic edition to a fantastic game, I feel.

(also, after the wars are run, I like to upgrade infrastructure in my nation - the nation of defeated enemies prior to releasing them. This is less important, but I can't be alone in the matter.)

{And yes, I have used the Light Infantry doctrine. It's not my favorite, but it's fun to think differently from time to time.}

An infrastructure mapmode would be superb; I usually build up infrastructure in one to three provinces nearing key border areas (resources permitting) for use of my sneaky (and sometimes admittedly less effective than I'd like) tactics. It can be hard to remember how each province is doing, especially in nations like the USSR or the USA... Though I've also had spots of forgetfulness while playing smaller nations as well. If possible, it would be a fantastic edition to a fantastic game, I feel.

(also, after the wars are run, I like to upgrade infrastructure in my nation - the nation of defeated enemies prior to releasing them. This is less important, but I can't be alone in the matter.)

{And yes, I have used the Light Infantry doctrine. It's not my favorite, but it's fun to think differently from time to time.}
Supply map serves this purpose, it suggests how good province infra is.

you guys REALLY need to make space= pause!

I think that should be rephrased to "Make space=pause without loosing the ability to rename units/divisions/etc.".

The default Pause Break is rather awkward, the bottom of my hand is permanently laying on the right Control button with my middle finger on the Pause Break (the only game I've ever played where my hand has to do this).

EDIT: Pic of me demonstrating how we all play.

DOUBLE EDIT: Pic of me demonstrating how I thought we all played since ↓↓↓some of us↓↓↓ have super ambidextrous skills.

4S64N.jpg

Last edited:
I think that should be rephrased to "Make space=pause without loosing the ability to rename units/divisions/etc.".

The default Pause Break is rather uncomfortable, the bottom of my hand is touching the right Control with my middle finger on the Pause Break (the only game I've ever played with this setup).

EDIT: Pic of me demonstrating how we all play.

Actually I don't, I use the mouse with my left hand. I switched when my right wrist felt carpal-tunnel-ish, and got used to using the mouse with my left hand. It's handy (not only for this game) and turns out to actually be quite easy to learn.

Actually I don't, I use the mouse with my left hand. I switched when my right wrist felt carpal-tunnel-ish, and got used to using the mouse with my left hand. It's handy (not only for this game) and turns out to actually be quite easy to learn.
274818Jackiechanmeme.jpg

Just kidding, I'm in a teasing mood right now. :)

Haha, well I'm not kidding... it is really easy to learn! It took me like 2-3 days to become as handy with left as with right hand mousing. And the carpal tunnel never came back (this was like 10 years ago or something). E.g. it is also pretty handy when playing shooters: using my right hand for keys and left for looking around just makes much more sense to me.

Supply map serves this purpose, it suggests how good province infra is.

It all looks... Kind of green-ish to me. ;) Colors tend to blend together for me though, so I'd be a statistical outlier in this case; anyway. If there are no plans to add an extraneous mapmode, any chance I could wheedle the possibility of an automated infrastructure maintenance bureau? Spend so and so IC and it gets turned into Industry n' Infrastructure, when it's not being villanously squirreled away..? It sounded like a good idea in my head, ssh. Barring that, I got nothing - just throw in whatever seems interesting, wahahaha!

I would like to see more events for the post-war period.
Adding the Space Race mod would be great.
Also, some events for minors would be cool too.
For instance: Brazil changed the capital city from Rio de Janeiro to Brasília in the 50's. A city that was all planned and built from scratch. Also during the government of Juscelino Kubitscheck there was a huge investment in industrialization. These could be cool events to add to the game.

Perhaps a bit late to post, but what about the addition of regiments, like in HoI3? It'd polish the game nicely if each division was made up of numbered/named regiments. In a mod I'm preparing, I introduced divisions, which are made up of 3 or 4 regiments (4x divisions with a max_strength of 25 make up a division for example) but the problem is that the AI usually divides those divisions.

Perhaps a bit late to post, but what about the addition of regiments, like in HoI3? It'd polish the game nicely if each division was made up of numbered/named regiments. In a mod I'm preparing, I introduced divisions, which are made up of 3 or 4 regiments (4x divisions with a max_strength of 25 make up a division for example) but the problem is that the AI usually divides those divisions.
You can already make a mod like this where the "divisions" are the core of the unit and the brigades are the regiments.
So for instance you have "Infantry Paper Division" + 2 Infantry Regiments and 1 Artillery Regiment attached.

- Possiblity to cancel guaranteeing independence of other countries. (To avoid the "against our policy" anger)
- (1914 Scenario) Decision as Germany to block the Danish Straits by mines. Why? It really sucks if you have to keep an eye on your Baltic Sea beaches. Historically there where no britsh attempts to land in Pommerania.

Last edited:
I just really hope that combat is reworked, I read through the DD on it but I didn't really get a sense of whether or not it was made more realistic. It should be impossible for two infantry division at half strength to repel an attack led by 1 HQ, 3 Pz, 4 Mot, and 6 infantry divisions in a plains province. Also; no more of that "Infantry have to punch a whole through the enemy lines first" nonsense. At least not for the German Land Doctrine Tree. That was not how the Wehrmacht viewed the use of Armour. Official Doctrine stipulated the concentration and deployment of armoured forces in the first wave to "punch" a hole through the enemy lines and then follow up with supporting infantry. Now it wasn't necessarily the most efficient doctrine later on in the war (German tank units suffered heavy loses utilizing said tactics e.g. Kursk) but it was still German Doctrine, and the fact that that is not represented in game miffs me a bit. The Soviet Union on the other hand viewed infantry, supported by Assault Guns and armour as the main method of breakthrough. Once the initial penetration was created it would be followed up by deploying the Operational Maneuver Groups (Tank, Cavalry, and Mechanized Corps). This doctrine saved the bulk of the armoured forces for the decisive stages of the battle, but was very hard on the initial attacking infantry as they would suffer heavy casualties. Now later on in the war some Soviet Marshals began to adopt a more "German" method of assault by deploying greater Armoured assets in the initial wave (Zhukov during the Vistula-Oder Offensive had a greater concentration of armour in the initial assault than his counterpart Konev) but after the war official orthodoxy was reestablished. I feel that this has not been properly represented in DH as of v1.02