**Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two additions I've long awaited but somehow forgot to ask for are a new message telling you that a vassal has been attacked and another one saying your vassal has cancelled the vassalisation (AFAIK there's only reminder for all vassals ATM).
Great ideas. While we're at it, one thing I find a bit annoying is not being able to see at a glance the position of the player's country in another country's opinion diplomacy screen - IMHO, it would be better if it were differently color coded (e.g. white or blue) to make it stand out.

Alternatively, it could be put always at the top of the list (and thus left red, yellow or green as it currently is) no matter if the player's nation is at +200 or -200 relations. Maybe this second option would be simpler.

Great ideas. While we're at it, one thing I find a bit annoying is not being able to see at a glance the position of the player's country in another country's opinion diplomacy screen - IMHO, it would be better if it were differently color coded (e.g. white or blue) to make it stand out.

Alternatively, it could be put always at the top of the list (and thus left red, yellow or green as it currently is) no matter if the player's nation is at +200 or -200 relations. Maybe this second option would be simpler.

If you want to see at a glance what the diplomatic standing of your own country is compared to another state then the simple way is NOT to use the "view relations" list of that state.

Simply go to the diplomacy screen, select your own country by clicking on it and hover the mouse over any other state you like and you´ll see your relations to that state, e. g. here playing as France and hovering the mouse over Brabant shows -100 relations:

Diplomacy.jpg

If you want to see at a glance what the diplomatic standing of your own country is compared to another state then the simple way is NOT to use the "view relations" list of that state.

Simply go to the diplomacy screen, select your own country by clicking on it and hover the mouse over any other state you like and you´ll see your relations to that state, e. g. here playing as France and hovering the mouse over Brabant shows -100 relations:

View attachment 118846
Yes, thanks, I know.

The thing is that, while I'm in that other mode for giving gifts and thus improving my relations with another country, it would be very convenient to immediately see how much the relation has improved without having to scour the list to do so (or, alternatively, switch diplo mode by clicking on the other button).

A pretty minor issue, I concur, but you know - interface/quality of life improvements and, as there won't be many more betas for FtG (Michael wrote just one more)...

I don't know if it was said, but i would like to have more dynamical cores.

We can imagine that a country can gain a claim_core after a certain amount of time of province's possession (for exemple : 30 years if you are decentraliezd, 50 years if centralized). If you lose the province by (and only by) Rebels, the counting comes back to 0.

On the other hand, we can imagine a country can lose its core-casusbelli, claim or national, if it never succeeds to control (yes control, not own) the provinne during a certain amount of time

Reactions:
There's _PROV_CLAIM_TO_NATIONAL_MONTHS_ in defines.txt. What you want is something like _PROV_OWNEDCONTROLLED_TO_CLAIM_MONTHS_, correct? There are already some mods that have events that handle this, by the way. I think AGCEEP is one of them.

Reactions:
There's _PROV_CLAIM_TO_NATIONAL_MONTHS_ in defines.txt. What you want is something like _PROV_OWNEDCONTROLLED_TO_CLAIM_MONTHS_, correct?
yes, it can be this kind of thing with, in my opinion and if it's possible, an effect due to the centralization's politics

There are already some mods that have events that handle this, by the way. I think AGCEEP is one of them.
Certainly, but it significates to make one event by province (so.... long :confused:)

Reactions:
With normal events you could do the following:
  • Set requirements for how long the country currently owning the province must have owned it to get a claim.
  • Set requirements for how long the country currently controlling the province must have controlled it to get a claim.
  • Modify the requirements above depending on whether the province has an accepted culture or religion.
  • Modify the requirements above according to domestic sliders.
You can't make special rules for REB, and you also can't remove cores. That is to say, you can remove cores but you can't check for how long a country has lost control over a specific province, so you won't know when to remove cores.

Also these events require the ownerchange/controlchange trigger which is currently broken. So you can write the events now, but they'll only work properly with the next patch.

Here's an example event for a random province:
Code:
event = {
	id = 1000001547
	province = 1547
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			core_claim = { province = 1547 data = -1 }
			core_national = { province = 1547 data = -1 }
		}
		atwar = no
		control = { province = 1547 data = -1 }
		ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 30 }	# at least 30 years owned (no nationalism)
		SOMEOF = {
			number = 10
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 10 } }
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 9 } }
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 8 } }
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 7 } }
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 6 } }
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 5 } }
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 4 } }
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 3 } }
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 2 } }
			NOT = { command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 } }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 32 }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 34 }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 36 }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 38 }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 40 }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 42 }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 44 }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 46 }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 48 }
			ownerchange = { province = 1547 years = 50 }
		}
	}
	deathdate = 9999
	persistent = yes
	name = "Blah"
	desc = "Blah"
	action = {
		name = "Blah"
		command = { type = addcore_claim which = 1547 }
	}
}
I considered adding a requirement for 10 years or so of uninterrupted control, but honestly I think it makes more sense without it, and with the atwar = no requirement instead. So peace agreements may "acknowledge" the claims, even if control over the province is temporarily lost during the war.

Is this sufficiently close to what you want? The events for the other provinces can easily be created with batch processing.

Reactions:
Does anyone know if we can change the continent(s)/regions were we can hire mercenaries? Because that seems like something worth adding (and simple, I imagine).

Does anyone know if we can change the continent(s)/regions were we can hire mercenaries? Because that seems like something worth adding (and simple, I imagine).

Look in the file geographx.txt in the map folder and you find:

#available_mercenaries = yes/no If yes, mercenaries can be hired on the continent (default is yes if not specified).

Status
Not open for further replies.