**Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that -4 is used for random distinctive a new number for a random colony would be nice.

I could have sworn we already have one but a trigger checking province goods would also come in handy for certain events.

Edit: Also a command like "removecore_all" would be most welcome. Right now, I have to write events with both removecore_claim and removecore_national as the latter doesn't remove weaker claims.

Last edited:
Now that -4 is used for random distinctive a new number for a random colony would be nice.

I could have sworn we already have one but a trigger checking province goods would also come in handy for certain events.

Edit: Also a command like "removecore_all" would be most welcome. Right now, I have to write events with both removecore_claim and removecore_national as the latter doesn't remove weaker claims.

As far as I remember the national core removal ought to remove not only national cores but every weaker core too.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?459110-Commands-and-triggers-list
"command = { type = removecore_national which = x }
Removes x as national, claim or casusbelli core province."

I know i may be late but, is there someone working on mp stability? I (personally ofc) don't feel in the need of more commands or mod features, but since this has become a classic mp game for my gaming group we would like to know if there's been support on this side. In 1.2 it's not so funny to play a mp game because of crashes, oos and conversions which fire but do not happen.
We're playing on gameranger, i dunno if it affects something, but looking in the forums it seems that mp has been abandoned :S
It would be awesome because this is the only reason my group bought this game a week ago, some of us played eu2, and we liked a lot this "lifted" and reworked version, even with our preferred mods already inside. Playing a stable mp game would be a dream, imagine that, no oos, no crashes or people stuck in a year, just playing in hd the game of your childhood. I could die now! :p

I've checked ftg forums for the first time this morning, so i've downloaded the 1.3beta of 1 dec but not tested at all actually. So yeah we used 1.2 and all the things i've experienced are referred on 1.2 + Gamerager which you told me in the mp subforums does half the work in bugging the game, so i'll test the 1.3beta + tunngle this time and play handsoff a bit :D

Now that I recalled it, something I was talking with Basileious about: is there a possibility to add something like EU3's indicator of vassalization/diploannex chance? That Yes/Maybe/No thing, possibly with all modifiers listed.

Guessing diplo-annex chances (even with knowledge of the usual values) is so tedious...is it possible to implement it even?

I am kind of sorry for double-post, but since almost two weeks have passed...

I've been clicking around the forum out of boredom and stumbled upon this thread, and, aside of EUIV part which is unimportant to us, there is this magnificent suggestion:

There ought to have been a permanent ticking value pushing stab towards zero over time, instead of relying on countless nasty events.

Now, random events are different case, we can fix them on our own, but in general this idea is somewhat appealing to me. Is it possible to implement something like that to FtG engine? Of course not everyone might like this, I know, but making a decay percentage moddable in defines could probably make it work.

And instead of cheap stabhits or staying on +3 for fifty years, one would have to invest in stability more often. Decay could be specified in percents, like 1 or 2% of overall cost per month.

I realize it might be impossible to implement is, but since it's a suggestion thread...you know ;)

Obviously a nice idea, but I'm not sure of the need for it as the two things that can drop stab (stuff caused by the player and that not caused by the player) are already represented.

Here another of mine (supposing it is not possible yet), making the base land speed modifiable in the tech file.

New beta, yay ;) FtG never stops!

I'm finishing my PV Poland game to catch last bugs and fix them. Instead of doing mega powerplaying and trying to set up merchants in Asia to sky-rocket with income and win the game 200 years before the end I decided to just go forward, since it's more of a bugfix run anyway.

However, this brings quite a few ideas to, if not spice trade up, then at least make it less tedious and most of all prone to massive exploits.

*Auto-trade button like in EU3 (someone suggested that once page or two back) to set priority for certain CoTs. Saves a lot of time.
*Infra and trade efficiency exported to countryfile: every country starts with infra/trade efficiency based on its starting techs/DP, and from then all the bonuses are added, either by techs, DP, or events.
*Re-arranging trade tech improvements (something we can mod easily), probably moving monopolies to level 4 or 5.
*Some sort of trade range would be magnificient. Most likely not based on distance, but maybe on regions? Not most accurate option, but that could prevent map-exchange -> spam Asian CoTs exploit.

This way trade tech would be more about extending range to trade all over the world, not gaining efficiency. Of course if you own province with CoT range would not be used. And adding trade/infra efficiency via event could work nicely with Portugal for example, so they can get hefty trade bonuses until decline in 17th Century.

Of course we can simply do house rules to not exploit Asian trade, but...would be nice to have some more sophisticated trading, right? ;)

Also, I imagine all of it might be impossible to implement, well, that's too bad. Since it's thread of suggestions, we can at least try ;)

*Auto-trade button like in EU3 (someone suggested that once page or two back) to set priority for certain CoTs. Saves a lot of time.
I will never stress enough how such a feature would be so incredibly convenient and time sparing for the player.

a powerful trigger would be and it has never been implemented would be

neighbour = yes/no

or use border as nighbour is already used

but most of my suggestion are never implemented even thought agree upon.

a powerful trigger would be and it has never been implemented would be

neighbour = yes/no

or use border as nighbour is already used

but most of my suggestion are never implemented even thought agree upon.

The neighbour trigger already existed before FtG 1.3:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ggers-list&p=10731874&viewfull=1#post10731874

neighbour = x
Is true if the receiving country is neighbour with country x.

I think you mean a trigger that checks if the country that has the event is a neighour to ANY country and not to a specific country? Wouldn´t that for every state always be true except for island nations and states that rule their whole continent?

Last edited:
The neighbour trigger already existed before FtG 1.3:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ggers-list&p=10731874&viewfull=1#post10731874

I think you mean a trigger that checks if the country that has the event is a neighour to ANY country and not to a specific country? Wouldn´t that for every state always be true except for island nations and states that rule their whole continent?

i would use it for forming alliances or
for War
for gifting

there are many ways to use with yes and many ways to use with no

also can be used for many random events and province events

i would use it for forming alliances or
for War
for gifting

there are many ways to use with yes and many ways to use with no

also can be used for many random events and province events

Then you don´t mean a trigger but more something like a special value for "random neighbour", e.g. "-8" targetting a random neighbour instead of -1 that targets a random country everywhere?

Special values for countries in commands:

-1 or random is used to target a random country
-3 or last_random is used to target again the country that was randomly picked in the last command
-4 or random_distinct is used to not target again a country that was already randomly picked in the same action
-6 or emperor is used to target the emperor
-7 or random_elector is used to target a random elector
-9 or random_distinct_elector is used to not target again an elector that was already randomly picked in the same action

Several commands already take neighbors into account. E.g. "command = { relation which = -1 value = 20 }" targets countries which are neighbors or whose capitals are less than 6 map units away from this country's capital. For reference, that is slightly less than the distance from Vienna to Holstein, which is 6.1 on the vanilla map.

The casusbelli, dynastic, and vassal commands also do the same.

Now that we're at commands, Michael, is there possibility to add "peace" command? Some events could really use it, say Turkish invasion of Hungary in 1525, when Hungary usually get split by events, but parties keep fighting till the very end.

That would be one useful command, let me tell you. But there are limits obviously, so it's understandable if it can't be done.

Several commands already take neighbors into account. E.g. "command = { relation which = -1 value = 20 }" targets countries which are neighbors or whose capitals are less than 6 map units away from this country's capital. For reference, that is slightly less than the distance from Vienna to Holstein, which is 6.1 on the vanilla map.

The casusbelli, dynastic, and vassal commands also do the same.

i do not want a command , I would like a trigger call it border or whatever you want

border = yes/no

i do not want a command , I would like a trigger call it border or whatever you want

border = yes/no
border = yes/no doesn't make sense as a trigger -- border with whom? "border = { country = tag1 country = tag2 }" could work, but that's the same as the already existing "neighbor" trigger. What do you want the border trigger to do? Can you give an example event?

border = yes/no doesn't make sense as a trigger -- border with whom? "border = { country = tag1 country = tag2 }" could work, but that's the same as the already existing "neighbor" trigger. What do you want the border trigger to do? Can you give an example event?

a trigger where any 2 nations border each other in random or provincial files.

something like an event
trigger of:
border=yes

then command is form alliance or send gift or miltary access whatever.

or
triggers of:
Border= yes
relations are -200

command = war
or cedeprovince etc

I think you mean it cannot be done is more likely without the country tags!

Two additions I've long awaited but somehow forgot to ask for are a new message telling you that a vassal has been attacked and another one saying your vassal has cancelled the vassalisation (AFAIK there's only reminder for all vassals ATM).

Status
Not open for further replies.