**Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelM

For the Glory lead
10 Badges
Jun 30, 2004
crystalempiregames.com
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Now that 1.2 is finally out and seems to be working well (modulo a few quirks that should be corrected), it's time to talk about what's next.

I don't want this to become a disorganized free-for-all like the unified wishlist thread; that wouldn't be very useful to me. What I am going to do instead is lay down some rules as an experiment.

1. Only three suggestions per post, plus an optional fourth suggestion for the interface (since interface suggestions are typically smaller jobs)
  2. Please put these three or four suggestions in bullet points to make it easy to read.
  3. You cannot make more than one suggestion post. If you think of another thing and you haven't used your three, edit it into your original post.
  4. You can suggest something that has already been suggested; this is sort of a voting thread, not just nomination.
  5. You can repost something from the wishlist thread. Like I said, it's disorganized and I might not have seen the suggestion before.
  6. Anything is fair game. For example, you can ask to tweak a certain feature, rework it, replace it with a different feature, or add a completely new feature. Smaller requests are more likely to make it in, but I am looking for some larger requests too.

So, what do you want?

Last edited:
-- [reserved] --

-- [reserved 2] --

1. Allow AI to give money gifts to other AI/player to improve relations (not only between liege and vassal).
2. Personal Unions (similar to EU3 but only historical ones naturally).
3. Dynasties: just to point out historical ones in monarch info interface. Countries ruled by the same dynasties get high relations bonuses (Habsburgs, Bourbons, Jagiellons etc).

Last edited:
Personal Unions are really needed... ;)

2. More features for the Holy Roman Empire. It would be really nice to have an electors screen like EU3 that shows the members, the electors and voting intentions, and to be able to cast a vote if your country is an electorate. I'd also like to see it possible to dissolve the Empire if you're the Emperor. Dynamic borders would be grand, too.

Last edited:
  • Some way to recruit/hire leaders - this is historical and could be implemented somehow. It would also improve overall replayability of the game - think about those nations with few leaders.
  • Event pictures - I think this is much needed, the game will simply look and feel so much better.
  • Ability to rename army name.
  • Individualized interface Gfx for each culture group (maybe each country is too much to ask!)
  • And also:
    The ability to have multiple cultures in a province. The effects would be scaled down accordingly. For example, if a province has cultures A and B, a state with state-culture A owning that province would get the full benefits of the A half and the income and manpower penalties for the B part. Same thing for conversion.

Last edited:
Read the rules, people.

1. Alternative gift feature - ability to send money without having to resort to a loan or the relation-improving gift. Money in the range from 0 to maximum treasury with no need of acceptance or any side-effect at all.
  2. Ability to trade provinces while at peace - Giving and receiving provinces with the need of accepting.
  3. Ability to mod the effect of Domestic Policy sliders

Last edited:
> The ability to modify domestic policy sliders and their effects.

> The ability to trade provinces while at peace.

> The ability to have multiple cultures in a province. The effects would be scaled down accordingly. For example, if a province has cultures A and B, a state with state-culture A owning that province would get the full benefits of the A half and the income and manpower penalties for the B part. Same thing for conversion.

• [...]
  • Event pictures - I think this is much needed, the game will simply look [...]

Event pictures - this means copyright problems, so leave it for modders

> The ability to have multiple cultures in a province. The effects would be scaled down accordingly. For example, if a province has cultures A and B, a state with state-culture A owning that province would get the full benefits of the A half and the income and manpower penalties for the B part. Same thing for conversion.

You can create multiple cultures in a province now and add it as acceptable culture. To avoid future dispute about what cultures in what province it should stay as it is imho.

• Some way to recruit/hire naval/land leaders/conquistadors/advisors/maybe special units ?
  • Control vassal army if possible (in EU2 exist richelieu cheat to allow player control of all AI armies - it is nice feature)
  • events which can be fired every year (to avoid make same events every year)

Last edited:
My suggestion is for the

1 - Replace royal marriages with an ambassador system, where you lose your ambassador on the death of either monarch.
Ambassadors can only be sent to other nations which have a relations range of -100 to +200.
Will reveal (FOG) the capital province plus directly adjoining provinces of that capital province including other nations.
Ambassadors will cost 50g to send
Ambassadors will not give relations boost
Ambassadors max number available to be 3

2. Inability to create/release a nation when at war

3. Inability to send merchants to cots ( unless you own a cot) when at war (human only)

Last edited:
Event pictures - this means copyright problems, so leave it for modders.

How can this be a copyright problem since I'm adressing to the FTG team (to create event pictures in future patches of their game)? + modders could create for AGCEEP which comes with the game.

Pool system seems too huge a project , while the defines option, globally helps all , especially minors

Either option is better than none.

Last edited:
  • The ability to reduce enemy forts while at war (with an army after the fort is captured) and your own forts at anytime (for a small fee).
  • A way for the player to program the auto send merchants to their liking.
  • Power down the super rebels.

Last edited:
The same as posted by Mats_SX but with different explanations:

1. Alternative gift feature - the possibility to cede provinces or to offer troops or military access or whatever, even colonies or trading posts, instead of simply money.
  2. Ability to trade provinces while at peace - trading provinces not only with other provices, cores or claims or ordinary ones, but also with money, troops, merchants, ambassadors, explorers or any other utility. There should be two levels of bargaining: the first is reached when the targeted country accepts or refuses to bargain, with small increase/decrease of relations accordingly; the second is reached in the agreement itself without using percentages of success but considering the available combinations between supply and demand, if we could say in this way... Any refusal to accept the agreement will affect the relations between those countries, even if minimally.

Last edited:
I love the game as it already is but if I were to make suggestions:

• The ability to offer military access to another nation.
  • A programmable Auto-send Merchant device.
  • Military Access Expiration? (I'm not sure about this one... )

• Ability to trade provinces/money/armies/etc a la HoI/Victoria
  • Ability to form larger nations from a minor - When the Dutch form they just annex all the minors and become a new nation. The old minors are just gone. Just snatch from AGCEEP?
  • Auto-colonization - Pick a/several provinces and it will send a colonist until it reaches 1000 pop, with an ability to set not to send if less than XX ducats in treasury

Interface:

(added one more suggestion on 16-08-2010)
(added suggestion on 26-08-2010)

Expiring alliance(s) reminder - just like the ones used for expiring CB, loans, treaties etc.
Change Economic Mode icon - the Trade and Economic Mode icons are very similar and tend to be a little confusing. It would be nice if the Economic Mode icon could be changed from coins to e.g. grapes, cloth or maybe spices (I leave the decision to your own taste :) ).
Add a "Confirm?" box for taking loans from the bank - sometimes the loan button can be clicked by mistake (happened to me some 5 minutes ago :D)

(added game log suggestion on 27-08-2010)

Log:

Peace conditions always shown - make it so that the history log always tells the peace conditions. So, no more "Hungary accepted our generous offer" but, just like when player accepts AI's peace offers, "Hungary accepted our generous peace offer: pays 100 ducats, Oldenburg to Austria".

Last edited:
Interface:

• A tooltip for when the army or fleet will arrive at the next province. A second such tooltip for when the unit will complete all ordered movement could be useful too. The latter would only be available for one's own units, of course, while the former would apply to all visible units as in other Paradox games.

Status
Not open for further replies.