• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Deliberus

Banned
9 Badges
Jun 22, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
What I mean is swap "Create a Colonial Empire" during Age of Reformation with "Win Religious War" during Age of Absolutism.

5 colonies is hard to even get as the americas will only be disovered by 1500-1510 combined with the slow ship exploration and slow colonist travel time and slow settlement growth means this is very hard and not worth it (unless you're spain or portugal).

Whereas the religious war is already finished by the 1500s and almost never is fought in the 1600s

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
The League War is pretty much always at the very end of Age of Reformation/beginning of Age of Absolutism. It requires to be on the winning side, so that it is over. That makes perfect sense to me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What I mean is swap "Create a Colonial Empire" during Age of Reformation with "Win Religious War" during Age of Absolutism.

5 colonies is hard to even get as the americas will only be disovered by 1500-1510 combined with the slow ship exploration and slow colonist travel time and slow settlement growth means this is very hard and not worth it (unless you're spain or portugal).

Whereas the religious war is already finished by the 1500s and almost never is fought in the 1600s

I don’t think every goal should be feasible for everyone. Some that take significant are also fine.

Also, the religious league can’t form until 1550 and a majority of the time won’t form until after 1560. And if the would be League Leader has a truce with the Emperor they may not be able to attack for another decade or so. And that is just to get to a point where the League War can be started. The average start date of the League War is likely between 1575 and 1600 based on my experience.

As a player with a colonial power (exploration plus expansion), it isn’t that hard to get the objective before the Leagues can even form.

I would tweak the Age Objective so that if you are on the Catholic side and the Protestants do not start the war that youget credit.

Reactions:

I'd like to see the requirement of having 5 CNs be toned down to something like 3 or even 4. It can be quite tough to have 5 CNs that early if you do not commit to colonization from the get go and go colonization/expansion early. And the Ages goals for Age of Reformation are generally tough on non-Europeans, so I think that making that goal easier would be a good thing for ROTW.

Reactions:
VUmzq32.gif
to the Suggestions subforum.

• 1Like
Reactions: