• Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

Deliberus

Corporal
Jun 22, 2020
What I mean is swap "Create a Colonial Empire" during Age of Reformation with "Win Religious War" during Age of Absolutism.

5 colonies is hard to even get as the americas will only be disovered by 1500-1510 combined with the slow ship exploration and slow colonist travel time and slow settlement growth means this is very hard and not worth it (unless you're spain or portugal).

Whereas the religious war is already finished by the 1500s and almost never is fought in the 1600s

• 1Like
Reactions: sjobenrit

Cancerofthehead

Colonel
23 Badges
Oct 31, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
What I mean is swap "Create a Colonial Empire" during Age of Reformation with "Win Religious War" during Age of Absolutism.

5 colonies is hard to even get as the americas will only be disovered by 1500-1510 combined with the slow ship exploration and slow colonist travel time and slow settlement growth means this is very hard and not worth it (unless you're spain or portugal).

Whereas the religious war is already finished by the 1500s and almost never is fought in the 1600s
I don’t think every goal should be feasible for everyone. Some that take significant are also fine.

Also, the religious league can’t form until 1550 and a majority of the time won’t form until after 1560. And if the would be League Leader has a truce with the Emperor they may not be able to attack for another decade or so. And that is just to get to a point where the League War can be started. The average start date of the League War is likely between 1575 and 1600 based on my experience.

As a player with a colonial power (exploration plus expansion), it isn’t that hard to get the objective before the Leagues can even form.

I would tweak the Age Objective so that if you are on the Catholic side and the Protestants do not start the war that youget credit.

EarlKonrad

Colonel
28 Badges
Jun 18, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II

I'd like to see the requirement of having 5 CNs be toned down to something like 3 or even 4. It can be quite tough to have 5 CNs that early if you do not commit to colonization from the get go and go colonization/expansion early. And the Ages goals for Age of Reformation are generally tough on non-Europeans, so I think that making that goal easier would be a good thing for ROTW.

Reactions: Sfan

gigau

Imperare Orbis Universi
Demi Moderator
205 Badges
May 4, 2005
www.twitch.tv
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Paradox Order
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • PDXCON 2018 "The Emperor"