• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TekNicTerror

Private
12 Badges
Jun 2, 2013
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
First off, the game needs a lobby chat so players can talk to each other while not in a game. It would let players know when to create a game for a certain type of mode (pvp or coop). Just about every other MP game has a chat outside of the actual game play. We need it, and we want it.

And secondly, with so few players of this game, why is there like 6 or so servers? There only needs to be one server per region; say 1 for NA, 1 for EU, and maybe 1 for Asia/Australia; though with such few players, it would just be best to just have 1 world server so players can play more games and/or get them faster.

I've only played the game a few times in coop campaign mode, can never find any "active" coop rooms, and everyone seems more interested in the pvp points mode. Having the lobby chat and reduced servers or just 1 server would really help us players get more games going.

Also we need more campaigns to come in as free DLC's or patches.

Rest assured all of these issues have been brought up ad naseum, although to be fair there hasn't be a tangible commitment to rectify some of these on the part of the developers.

If you prefer coop missions, I would suggest creating the rooms yourself, as some people join whatever has a live person in it. You may want to limit the players to 2 or 3 however, as it might be a little tough getting a full four player coop game with the limited player count, and it also means more points to build your fleets with. Stretching <8000 points across 4 players actually hurts efficiency.

Then again, the AI is extremely basic and coop missions tend to be simply survival modes where enemy ships simply rush pell mell towards you, and it is much rewarding to test your mettle and fleet against a human opponent.

Perhaps if they fixed it, there would be more player commitment?

And I do make my own coop rooms, but if there is hardly anyone on the server I am on, or most prefer the points mode of pvp (haven't even seen an assassination pvp room yet); I would have to sit around doing nothing for hours waiting for someone to join my room; and if you hadn't guessed it by now, I am not going to wait that long. The only real fix for the lack of players is to condense the servers to 1 per region; or more preferably, one server period.

And just who are you to speak for the developers or for this game in any way? I see no special title, rank, or even mod status on your name Kildar; the only thing you got on me is having used this forum longer than me by a few months and dozens of posts. If you are supposedly connected to Levi Warships in any way by work, you need to be fired just cause your forum account isn't that old; you should have been signed up long ago, say back in 2012. And if you were a beta tester of this game, you got no business replying with the "Rest assured..." line.

If you, or anyone else who might reply to this, have no "official" connections to the game dev's; and by "official" I mean YOU WORK WITH THEM, I don't care if you tested the game for them and/or made friendly with them and can contact them; you have no business replying with "that has been brought up before" or other similar replies. You can tack on your own suggestions if you got any.

Such as making the coop stuff having a difficulty setting; such as easy, medium, and hard. Since I didn't bring it up before now. (too late now suckers)

But for now, I would rather the devs just condense the servers into one server first off before anything else.
It is a good game and deserves a lot more players.

Whoa calm seas sir! I did not speak for the developers in any way. I merely said that all of your concerns have already been brought up many times, by myself as well, which is a simple observable fact that does not require any affiliation with the game's production to be stated.

I don't see why you seem so offended by it, especially since it means you are far from alone in your views and when I was trying to offer some helpful suggestions to find you more games pending action from the devs.

Last edited:
I'll like a complete Editor for the ships where you could change the weapon's spots, modifier the weapons' statistics and create new ship types.
Depending on the changes made the cost of the new hull's type changes.

Maybe its just me but considering anyone can join any server I really don't see what the big deal is about having multiple servers. Yes its a pain to re-build each of your fleets across each server but besides that I generally just go to whatever server is most populated on any given night. (Pretty much everyone seems to stick to EU1 and Leviathan 1 anyways)

The point is to not even have an option if they condense it to 1 server. The most I've ever seen "online" on one server was like 48 on Leviathan; while every other server is in the single or double digit teens. It'd be better for whoever is running the servers to close them all and use the cost to get one bigger and better server. It's such a waste as is, and would still be a waste even if the servers were pulling around 50 each at any given time. And since there doesn't seem to be much of a player base, which means hardly any sales, I don't see how they can afford to run 6 servers for such a low amount of players any way.

They should also remove the day, and more, long timers for planning. This is only encouraging morons to make multiple games at the same time and/or going to play other games or do something else.

I'll like a complete Editor for the ships where you could change the weapon's spots, modifier the weapons' statistics and create new ship types.
Depending on the changes made the cost of the new hull's type changes.

As for a editor, we don't need a ship editor, we can edit the ships just fine the way it is. A map editor would be nice to make our own maps.

But I would like to create a personal fleet with hulls and weapons created by me.

Then you got the wrong game and I can't think of any game that lets you do that. Levi Warships let's you decide where to place your weapons, not so much on the defense items, and each ship already has 3 hull options and 2-4 bridge options depending on the ship. If that's not enough for you, too bad; this game wasn't meant to be that complex; remember the game plays on PC's, Mac's, and mobiles.

Then you got the wrong game and I can't think of any game that lets you do that. Levi Warships let's you decide where to place your weapons, not so much on the defense items, and each ship already has 3 hull options and 2-4 bridge options depending on the ship. If that's not enough for you, too bad; this game wasn't meant to be that complex; remember the game plays on PC's, Mac's, and mobiles.

There is an old game, Star Trek Starfleet Commander 3, where you could create new ships, new weapons and the hardpoints where to put the weapons.
If this is so difficult to make for a game like Levi Warships (a game more simple than Starfleet Commander) it's a shame because Levi Warships has potential.

Sorry for bother your treath with my suggestion/desire anyway.

There is an old game, Star Trek Starfleet Commander 3, where you could create new ships, new weapons and the hardpoints where to put the weapons.
If this is so difficult to make for a game like Levi Warships (a game more simple than Starfleet Commander) it's a shame because Levi Warships has potential.

Sorry for bother your treath with my suggestion/desire anyway.

Did you not read the part about this game has to play on mobiles as well? A total ship designer wouldn't go well for them. A map editor would be pushing it as well, but I don't really care about a map editor right now.

Sorry for shamelessly necroing this :)

As a person who likes it neat and tidy, what I wish for would be the following Features:

- Ability to sort your fleets, alphabetically / Point cost / number of ships as well as sorting your blueprints alphabetically, by heritage (Commonwealth, Elite, Marauder) and point cost
- Ability to rename fleets without having to create a new fleet
- Ability to rename blueprints without having to delete them and saving them under another name
- Ability to import your existing fleets to other Servers OR independance of fleets from servers (all fleets available on all servers).

- Indication whether a player in my friendslist already is in another game
- Indication how long a player has been inactive in a match (not having issued any commands to his fleet), perhaps with a forced autokick after a set amount of turns inactive

- Games which have not yet started and where the host is offline for more than a quarter of an hour getting purged from the Server
http://i.imgur.com/540dCtL.jpg game still open as of today, 27th of June 6:20 p.m. GMT+1

- A client-independant possibility to watch replays from all servers, e.g. as a browser plugin (for example to get my RL friends to watch my exploits, so that I can pull them into this game :))

<to be continued>

Last edited:
I have a few suggestions for this game. These are some features that I think are very necessary.

First, the chat box in-game. When a message is received, it should by default pop up instead of just flash. Too many new players don't see it or have no idea a chat function is available. A check box option would allow seasoned players to not have the messages pop-up. This is a mock up:

12i2.jpg

Second, there needs to be some kind of graphical command to issue orders to friendlies. Things like where to attack and where to move their ships (including headings). It's not very easy to type exactly where you're heading and more often than not I see friendlies t-boning each other like monster trucks. Here's a mock up of what I'm talking about:

hbud.jpg

Lastly, there should some way to communicate between friends to ask them if they want to join a game or play. It is not easy to rely entirely on Steam to communicate, especially since you have to tab out to send and receive messages that way. I don't have a mock up for that, but double clicking someone on a friend list should open up a chat box.