Suggestion: More Workers for Industrial Miners

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Maebalzurakin

Sergeant
1 Badges
Mar 21, 2011
  • Majesty 2
Suggestion: Please add a second or even third worker slot for the Industrial Mining equipment.

Reason: This equipment currently only has one worker slot. Building these pieces of equipment is a huge investment in both the materials to build them and also the power structures needed to power them. They are built at a point in the game where all of the above ground deposits are depleted and these materials are desperately needed for many other structures. Getting one of these up an running is supposed to provide those needed materials. However, more often than not, the equipment sits idle, because the single worker assigned to it is sleeping, eating, healing, decontaminating. This equipment needs to be mining 24/7. I realize there is an automation upgrade that is next in the tree, but that also requires a huge investment in materials, both for the upgrade and the additional power structures. That is just more material I can't get is the equipment is sitting idle.

Currently my worker assigned to the concrete extractor is sitting in her house "mourning". I have other workers available, but "firing" her and then trying to assign a new worker just gives me her each time.

I need to be able to force her to work or suffer banishment. Or the game needs to be smart enough to cycle through other available workers.

Heya!

Thanks for the suggestion and the feedback. There is the tech that you can unlock that opens up a new workslot for these, but I will forward this feedback as well to have our designers check if we could change the amount to always being two and the tech could unlock the third workslot for example. No promises or guarantees for changes based on your feedback, but we will take them into consideration!

Heya!

Thanks for the suggestion and the feedback. There is the tech that you can unlock that opens up a new workslot for these, but I will forward this feedback as well to have our designers check if we could change the amount to always being two and the tech could unlock the third workslot for example. No promises or guarantees for changes based on your feedback, but we will take them into consideration!
The tech, "Scavenger Teams" is only effecting the Scrapper and Recycler buildings. If it is supposed to be effecting the Extractors, it is not.

Do techs like "Sweet Porcelain", have an effect on the two-story and one-story houses? They only mention the shanty.

Ah apologies, I meant the tech called Junior Engineers, which is a tech that unlocks an extra workslot for the three extractors which is an ideology tech - found in the Colony Builder ideology.

The techs will always show which buildings they affect - so for example, Sweet Porcelain only shows the Shanty which means it only affects the Shanty.