• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Strelok13

Corporal
Dec 11, 2020
Hello! During the past few weeks, I observed a lot of people wanting content from the Philippines and wanted a formable nation and more provinces in the islands. Since I wanted to help and nobody was doing the initiative, maybe I could do it since this could do me a favor as well. My back hurts for researching about this stuff that I look like a nerd now after several hours of researching, anyways here are my suggestions. First, I have Luzon.
1608037390498.png

Provinces Development Castilian names Owner Trade good Special Info:
1. Maynila 6/6/3 Entrepot Manila Kingdom of Maynila Chinaware
2. Cavite 2/2/2 Cavite Tondo Spices
3. Batangas 2/2/1 Batangas Tondo Spices
4. Paracale 2/1/1 Camarines UNCOLONIZED Medium chance of discovering Gold.
5. Tayabas 2/2/1 Sierra Madre UNCOLONIZED Mountains
6. Ilagan 2/2/2 Isabela UNCOLONIZED Mountains
7. Cagayan 1/1/2 Cagayan UNCOLONIZED Mountains
6. Catanduanes 1/1/1 Catanduanes UNCOLONIZED
Explanation - Maynila was exactly an entrepot during the precolonial times of the Philippines and was of vital and strategic importance. Giving it a reasonable development of 15 rather than the old and pretty useless (5/5/2) development, even Maguindanao outdeveloped it by one!!!

So next, we have Visayas.
1608037434996.png

1. Romblon 3/2/1 Romblon Confederation of Madyas/Madja-as Fish/Spices
2. Aklan 4/4/3 Natural Harbor Aklan Confederation of Madyas/Madja-as Grain Instead of Panay being the Capital and Natural Harbor of Madja-as, let it be Aklan
3. Bohol 2/2/2 - Bohol Rajahnate of Cebu Spices
4. Masbate 2/2/2 Placer Confederation of Madyas/Madja-as Fish

SPECIAL NOTE: Cebu province should be the island next to Bohol and should have (3/3/2) development since it is an entrepot and coastal center of Trade in the "Nusantara" Region.

Lastly, we have Mindanao, I'm very sorry if it had to be separated, since the system says that I was spamming and I'm pretty new on how to add images...
View attachment 662191
1. Maguindanao 5/5/3 Natural Harbor Maguindanao Kingdom of Maguindanao Spices
2. Kotabatu 1/1/2 Cotabato Kingdom of Maguindanao Grain
3. Davao 2/2/1 Davao Kingdom of Maguindanao Fish
4. Misamis 2/2/1 Misamis Kingdom of Maguindanao/Lanao Spices
5. Lanao 2/2/2 Lanao Kingdom of Maguindanao/Lanao Grain
6. Agusan 1/1/2 Agusan Kingdom of Maguindanao/Lanao Spices

FORMABLE NATION:
Luzonia Formed by Tagalog/Luzon Kingdoms except Tondo
Maharlika Formed by Tondo
Bangsamoro Formed by a Muslim nation with Filipino as primary culture

Ideas: Credits to the owner Lancer_6134

Traditions:
-10% idea cost
+25% chance of new heir

Riches of the Archipelago
-10% development cost

Repulsion of the Ming Fleet by the Lantakas
+1 artillery fire
-15% artillery cost

Struggle of Unification
+20 settlers

Flexible Isolation
-10% stability cost

Melting Pot of Identities
-25% culture conversion cost

Banau Rice Terraces
+10% goods produced
Manila Galleons
+10% Heavy ship combat ability

Ambition:
5% discipline

For the missions, he also claimed about conquering Borneo and Sulawesi which also gives me some idea to add:
Unite Our Identities - gives permanent claims on Sulawesi provinces
The End of Struggle - gives a permanent +10% morale or +10% infantry combat ability after culture converting all of Sulawesi to Filipino culture
Colonize Australia - give "Colonial Enthusiasm" modifier for 15/25 years after discovering the entire Colonial Australia Region
The New Manila - Get a development bonus for Eora after establishing a new colonial nation which has its capital in Eora
I guess that's pretty much it, the colonial missions are pretty far from realism, but maybe its the best alternative for the "Sea Cucumbers" mission of the other Malay cultures. I hope this helps, and hope it gets implemented

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
1608037730985.png

Here is the image and info for Maguindanao part, I can't edit my main thread post because the system keeps saying that I'm spamming.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I hope the devs see this, because while I was glad to finally see that Philippines Dev Diary, its content was a little underwhelming, especially considering that we had to wait three weeks for it.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Hello! During the past few weeks, I observed a lot of people wanting content from the Philippines and wanted a formable nation and more provinces in the islands. Since I wanted to help and nobody was doing the initiative, maybe I could do it since this could do me a favor as well. My back hurts for researching about this stuff that I look like a nerd now after several hours of researching, anyways here are my suggestions. First, I have Luzon.
View attachment 662189

Provinces Development Castilian names Owner Trade good Special Info:
1. Maynila 6/6/3 Entrepot Manila Kingdom of Maynila Chinaware
2. Cavite 2/2/2 Cavite Tondo Spices
3. Batangas 2/2/1 Batangas Tondo Spices
4. Paracale 2/1/1 Camarines UNCOLONIZED Medium chance of discovering Gold.
5. Tayabas 2/2/1 Sierra Madre UNCOLONIZED Mountains
6. Ilagan 2/2/2 Isabela UNCOLONIZED Mountains
7. Cagayan 1/1/2 Cagayan UNCOLONIZED Mountains
6. Catanduanes 1/1/1 Catanduanes UNCOLONIZED
Explanation - Maynila was exactly an entrepot during the precolonial times of the Philippines and was of vital and strategic importance. Giving it a reasonable development of 15 rather than the old and pretty useless (5/5/2) development, even Maguindanao outdeveloped it by one!!!

So next, we have Visayas.
1608037434996.png

1. Romblon 3/2/1 Romblon Confederation of Madyas/Madja-as Fish/Spices
2. Aklan 4/4/3 Natural Harbor Aklan Confederation of Madyas/Madja-as Grain Instead of Panay being the Capital and Natural Harbor of Madja-as, let it be Aklan
3. Bohol 2/2/2 - Bohol Rajahnate of Cebu Spices
4. Masbate 2/2/2 Placer Confederation of Madyas/Madja-as Fish

SPECIAL NOTE: Cebu province should be the island next to Bohol and should have (3/3/2) development since it is an entrepot and coastal center of Trade in the "Nusantara" Region.

Lastly, we have Mindanao, I'm very sorry if it had to be separated, since the system says that I was spamming and I'm pretty new on how to add images...
View attachment 662191

FORMABLE NATION:
Luzonia Formed by Tagalog/Luzon Kingdoms except Tondo
Maharlika Formed by Tondo
Bangsamoro Formed by a Muslim nation with Filipino as primary culture

Ideas: Credits to the owner Lancer_6134

Traditions:
-10% idea cost
+25% chance of new heir

Riches of the Archipelago
-10% development cost

Repulsion of the Ming Fleet by the Lantakas
+1 artillery fire
-15% artillery cost

Struggle of Unification
+20 settlers

Flexible Isolation
-10% stability cost

Melting Pot of Identities
-25% culture conversion cost

Banau Rice Terraces
+10% goods produced
Manila Galleons
+10% Heavy ship combat ability

Ambition:
5% discipline

For the missions, he also claimed about conquering Borneo and Sulawesi which also gives me some idea to add:
Unite Our Identities - gives permanent claims on Sulawesi provinces
The End of Struggle - gives a permanent +10% morale or +10% infantry combat ability after culture converting all of Sulawesi to Filipino culture
Colonize Australia - give "Colonial Enthusiasm" modifier for 15/25 years after discovering the entire Colonial Australia Region
The New Manila - Get a development bonus for Eora after establishing a new colonial nation which has its capital in Eora
I guess that's pretty much it, the colonial missions are pretty far from realism, but maybe its the best alternative for the "Sea Cucumbers" mission of the other Malay cultures. I hope this helps, and hope it gets implemented

CORRECTION FOR LUZON "CATANDUANES" was supposed to be number 8

VUmzq32.gif
to the Suggestions subforum.

couple flag suggestions for your formable nations

Luzonia:

luzonia.png

Bangsamoro:

bangsamoro.png

i'm not entirely certain with the Bangsamoro one and have no idea about the Maharlika one. so if anyone has any suggestions for those, I would appreciated it

Reactions:
couple flag suggestions for your formable nations

Luzonia:

View attachment 662302

Bangsamoro:

View attachment 662303

i'm not entirely certain with the Bangsamoro one and have no idea about the Maharlika one. so if anyone has any suggestions for those, I would appreciated it

I'm going to work on a big mod and try to make some big big stuff, I'm going to implement this and I hope we all get noticed

some of the province places are a bit off. why is Tayabas in the Cagayan valley? Tayabas was historically where Laguna is and was actually the old provincial capital of Quezon province and was the old name of the whole Quezon province before. The name "Laguna" itself is just Spanish for Lagoon, referring to the Laguna de Bay (a big lake which isn't in the game and Ba-i/Bay itself is an old historical precolonial settlement on it) and I think it would be better if Laguna was instead renamed as "Tayabas". Historically, the area where the province of Tondo is designated in the game also should be Pampanga, since that is historically the domain of the Kapampangan people which were rivals of the Tagalog people around Tondo. Tondo was historically just right next to or on Maynila itself and was actually the older state before Maynila. The precolonial rajahnate of Maynila was mostly a satellite state installed by those from Brunei to basically combat Tondo's influence, but they were basically side-by-side in the same area and modern Tondo today is just a trashy district of the city of Manila, when it used to be it's predecessor of greater importance. I think there should be a difference with what province names are called and the country state's names. The country of Pangasinan should more accurately be named "Caboloan"/"Kaboloan" and only the province name where it resides as "Pangasinan". The province of "Tondo" should be named "Pampanga" and only the country name that controls it should be "Tondo". The province where Metro Manila NCR today is, can remain as "Maynila", not "Manila". Then, "Mindoro" is just the spanish-era hispanicized spelling of "Minolo".

In Mindanao, the one that should actually be named as "Agusan" is where the province named "Butuan" is now in the game, because Butuan is just the city from where the precolonial Rajahnate of Butuan was at (which in the game, the country is already named as Butuan), but the region itself is located in the Agusan valley where the Agusan river basin is at. "Agusan" itself means "place where water flows" and encompasses the modern-day provinces of Agusan del Norte and Agusan del Sur. Lanao refers to the area around Lake Lanao where the Maranao people live and the Sultanates of Lanao used to be at. Misamis used to be the whole province area that also encompassed them where "Lanao" province is now named as, but I'm not sure which century when the Moro Maranao-Iranun raiders advanced in that area to kick out the native Subanon people to establish the area around Lake Lanao to be more known as "Lanao". Also, "Maguindanao" is just the spanish-era hispanicized spelling of "Magindanaw". "Zamboanga" is also just the spanish-era hispanicized spelling of "Samboangan", which is Sinama-Badjao for anchorage.

• 1Like
Reactions:
some of the province places are a bit off. why is Tayabas in the Cagayan valley? Tayabas was historically where Laguna is and was actually the old provincial capital of Quezon province and was the old name of the whole Quezon province before. The name "Laguna" itself is just Spanish for Lagoon, referring to the Laguna de Bay (a big lake which isn't in the game and Ba-i/Bay itself is an old historical precolonial settlement on it) and I think it would be better if Laguna was instead renamed as "Tayabas". Historically, the area where the province of Tondo is designated in the game also should be Pampanga, since that is historically the domain of the Kapampangan people which were rivals of the Tagalog people around Tondo. Tondo was historically just right next to or on Maynila itself and was actually the older state before Maynila. The precolonial rajahnate of Maynila was mostly a satellite state installed by those from Brunei to basically combat Tondo's influence, but they were basically side-by-side in the same area and modern Tondo today is just a trashy district of the city of Manila, when it used to be it's predecessor of greater importance. I think there should be a difference with what province names are called and the country state's names. The country of Pangasinan should more accurately be named "Caboloan"/"Kaboloan" and only the province name where it resides as "Pangasinan". The province of "Tondo" should be named "Pampanga" and only the country name that controls it should be "Tondo". The province where Metro Manila NCR today is, can remain as "Maynila", not "Manila". Then, "Mindoro" is just the spanish-era hispanicized spelling of "Minolo".

In Mindanao, the one that should actually be named as "Agusan" is where the province named "Butuan" is now in the game, because Butuan is just the city from where the precolonial Rajahnate of Butuan was at (which in the game, the country is already named as Butuan), but the region itself is located in the Agusan valley where the Agusan river basin is at. "Agusan" itself means "place where water flows" and encompasses the modern-day provinces of Agusan del Norte and Agusan del Sur. Lanao refers to the area around Lake Lanao where the Maranao people live and the Sultanates of Lanao used to be at. Misamis used to be the whole province area that also encompassed them where "Lanao" province is now named as, but I'm not sure which century when the Moro Maranao-Iranun raiders advanced in that area to kick out the native Subanon people to establish the area around Lake Lanao to be more known as "Lanao". Also, "Maguindanao" is just the spanish-era hispanicized spelling of "Magindanaw". "Zamboanga" is also just the spanish-era hispanicized spelling of "Samboangan", which is Sinama-Badjao for anchorage.
Thank you very much for the research and response, I have been making progress so far on making new provinces to a mod I'm making that they might implement in the far future

Baka Leo of Luzonia to

The Philippine divisions in 1899AD:
Philippine_Islands_-_1899_political_map.jpg

From Wikipdia page:
Ilocos(1572)
Cagayán(1583)
Bulacan(1578)
Pampanga(+Mariveles/Bataan,1571)
Pangisnan(1580)
#Zambales(?,old)
Cavite(1614)
Manila/Tondo(1571)
Laguna(1571)
Balayan/Batangas(1581)
Tayabas(from Laguna in 1754)
Camarines(1579)
Albay(1574)
-------
Mindoro
Samar
Leyte(Union with Samar from Cebu 1735-1768)
Panay:Cápiz(in 1716), Iloilo, Antique(in 1780)
Negros
Cebu(with Bohol)
-----
Caraga, Misamis, Zamboanga, Nueva Guipúzcoa(Davao)

The provinces in Luzon Island seem to be hard to decrease from what in this list, maybe Zambales and Batangas could be combined with other provinces, the provinces number of Philippines can be as lower as 11+7+4=22 provinces if also do not make more provinces in Panay Island.

Reactions:
1608349066700.png

Here's the update for the mod I'm making, this is currently Luzon. I have made Manila smaller to make it historically and economically accurate, the total Development of Luzon for now is 89, or should it be 92 because Manila definitely deserves a (6/6/3) development rather than a (5/5/2). Here are the new provinces I've added:
Batangas (4/4/1)
Tayabas (2/2/1)
Ilagan
(2/2/1)
Paracale (2/3/2)

SPECIAL NOTES:
Tondo controls Bikol and Paracale, since sources say that the Tondo polity controls it before 1444.
Paracale also produces gold, and is the gold mining center of the Philippines.

What do you guys think? I know the names are pretty off, but I should easily fix them soon

• 2Like
Reactions:
great work on the map mod brother, keep it up

maybe for the name for the Luzon / Luzonia formable should be Lusong instead?

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
great work on the map mod brother, keep it up

maybe for the name for the Luzon / Luzonia formable should be Lusong instead?
Thank you! As for now I'm still working on Visayas and Mindanao, I still seem to can't get the port positions right because of the faulty nudge tool, but here are some of the things I've made in Visayas and Mindanao.
1608371475588.png

Aklan - should be the capital of Madja-as or maybe Panay can just get renamed to Aklan (4/4/2)
Bohol - (2/2/2) part of the Rajahnate of Cebu
Maguindanao province split into three:
Maguindanao (5/5/3) Natural Harbor
Dadiangas (2/2/2)
Kotawatu (2/2/3)

If you guys have recommendations on provinces, I will be waiting, if none, I'm going to work on their Castilian names and work on the formable nations

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have studied the census in 1903, and it seems that both Isabela and Nueva Viczaya have small population even in 1900s, so it could be unnecessary to split the Cagayan province though it is huge now.
Also I remove the Tarlac province to the situation before Tarlac province founded:

(Population in 1903)
Pangisnan 448,322(from Tarlac:78688, To Nueva Ecija:28268)
#Zambales 104,549( To Pangisnan?)
Pampanga 280,173
Bulacan 223,742
#Cavite 134,779 + Bataan 46,787( from ethnic relationship)
Manila 370,851(or combine Cavite with Manila and combine Bataan with Pampanga)
Batangas 257,715
#la Laguna 148,606
Tayabas 204,739(with Marinduque)
#Nueva Ecija 162,415
Cagayan 295,211( you could split this huge province into Cagayan and Nueva Viczaya, the Nueva Viczaya may have 100-120K pop)
Ilocos 406,264(from La Union: 39858)
##La Union: 97,981 + Benguet 22,745( or La Union to Pangisnan, Benguet to Abra)
Abra 124,640 (with Lepanto-Bontoc)
Camarines 239,405
Albay 240,326
#Sorsogon 164,170+ Masbate: 43,675
---------------
Zambles belonged to Pangisnan before it is founded, however the ethnicity of this region is greatly different to Pangisnan, the same to La Union, though rest part of La Union was administered by Pangisnan before it was founded, people there speak Ilocano yet, so the entire Ilocano can be corporated into the Ilocos province.
---------
I combined the Laguna province with Cavite,

So I think these provinces are necessary for Luzon Island:
Ilocos ( La Union?)
Abra
Pangasinan
Pampanga
Nueva Ecija
Bulacan
Cagayan
Manila
Cavite-Laguna
Batangas
Tayabas
Camarines
Albay

these provinces can be not so necessary but OK to added in Luzon Island:
Nueva Viczaya
Zambales
Sorsogon
Masbate

So, I think 13 to 17 provinces for Luzon Island is enough for Luzon Island.
----------------
Mindoro 39,582
Palawan 35,696
Samar 266,237
Leyte 388,922
Capiz 283,569(with Romblon)
#Antique 134,166
Iloilo 410,315
Negros Occidental 308,272
Negros Oriental 201,494
Cebu 653,727
#Bohol 269,223

I think 9-11 provinces for Visayas can be enough.
------------
No idea for Mindanao, list the divisions that time:
Sulu 96,206
Zamboanga 44,322
Misamis 175,683
Cottabato 125,875
Surigao 115,112
Davao 65,496
Siassi 245,62(????)
Dapitan 23,577

Reactions:
I have studied the census in 1903, and it seems that both Isabela and Nueva Viczaya have small population even in 1900s, so it could be unnecessary to split the Cagayan province though it is huge now.
Also I remove the Tarlac province to the situation before Tarlac province founded:

(Population in 1903)
Pangisnan 448,322(from Tarlac:78688, To Nueva Ecija:28268)
#Zambales 104,549( To Pangisnan?)
Pampanga 280,173
Bulacan 223,742
#Cavite 134,779 + Bataan 46,787( from ethnic relationship)
Manila 370,851(or combine Cavite with Manila and combine Bataan with Pampanga)
Batangas 257,715
#la Laguna 148,606
Tayabas 204,739(with Marinduque)
#Nueva Ecija 162,415
Cagayan 295,211( you could split this huge province into Cagayan and Nueva Viczaya, the Nueva Viczaya may have 100-120K pop)
Ilocos 406,264(from La Union: 39858)
##La Union: 97,981 + Benguet 22,745( or La Union to Pangisnan, Benguet to Abra)
Abra 124,640 (with Lepanto-Bontoc)
Camarines 239,405
Albay 240,326
#Sorsogon 164,170+ Masbate: 43,675
---------------
Zambles belonged to Pangisnan before it is founded, however the ethnicity of this region is greatly different to Pangisnan, the same to La Union, though rest part of La Union was administered by Pangisnan before it was founded, people there speak Ilocano yet, so the entire Ilocano can be corporated into the Ilocos province.
---------
I combined the Laguna province with Cavite,

So I think these provinces are necessary for Luzon Island:
Ilocos ( La Union?)
Abra
Pangasinan
Pampanga
Nueva Ecija
Bulacan
Cagayan
Manila
Cavite-Laguna
Batangas
Tayabas
Camarines
Albay

these provinces can be not so necessary but OK to added in Luzon Island:
Nueva Viczaya
Zambales
Sorsogon
Masbate

So, I think 13 to 17 provinces for Luzon Island is enough for Luzon Island.
----------------
Mindoro 39,582
Palawan 35,696
Samar 266,237
Leyte 388,922
Capiz 283,569(with Romblon)
#Antique 134,166
Iloilo 410,315
Negros Occidental 308,272
Negros Oriental 201,494
Cebu 653,727
#Bohol 269,223

I think 9-11 provinces for Visayas can be enough.
------------
No idea for Mindanao, list the divisions that time:
Sulu 96,206
Zamboanga 44,322
Misamis 175,683
Cottabato 125,875
Surigao 115,112
Davao 65,496
Siassi 245,62(????)
Dapitan 23,577
Thank you for a very helpful reply! It might take me some time though, but since there are no classes, I might be able to finish this before Christmas, I'll keep posting my updates here whenever I'm doing good progress

• 1Like
Reactions: