• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Strelok13

Corporal
Dec 11, 2020
Hello! During the past few weeks, I observed a lot of people wanting content from the Philippines and wanted a formable nation and more provinces in the islands. Since I wanted to help and nobody was doing the initiative, maybe I could do it since this could do me a favor as well. My back hurts for researching about this stuff that I look like a nerd now after several hours of researching, anyways here are my suggestions. First, I have Luzon.
1608037390498.png

Provinces Development Castilian names Owner Trade good Special Info:
1. Maynila 6/6/3 Entrepot Manila Kingdom of Maynila Chinaware
2. Cavite 2/2/2 Cavite Tondo Spices
3. Batangas 2/2/1 Batangas Tondo Spices
4. Paracale 2/1/1 Camarines UNCOLONIZED Medium chance of discovering Gold.
5. Tayabas 2/2/1 Sierra Madre UNCOLONIZED Mountains
6. Ilagan 2/2/2 Isabela UNCOLONIZED Mountains
7. Cagayan 1/1/2 Cagayan UNCOLONIZED Mountains
6. Catanduanes 1/1/1 Catanduanes UNCOLONIZED
Explanation - Maynila was exactly an entrepot during the precolonial times of the Philippines and was of vital and strategic importance. Giving it a reasonable development of 15 rather than the old and pretty useless (5/5/2) development, even Maguindanao outdeveloped it by one!!!

So next, we have Visayas.
1608037434996.png

1. Romblon 3/2/1 Romblon Confederation of Madyas/Madja-as Fish/Spices
2. Aklan 4/4/3 Natural Harbor Aklan Confederation of Madyas/Madja-as Grain Instead of Panay being the Capital and Natural Harbor of Madja-as, let it be Aklan
3. Bohol 2/2/2 - Bohol Rajahnate of Cebu Spices
4. Masbate 2/2/2 Placer Confederation of Madyas/Madja-as Fish

SPECIAL NOTE: Cebu province should be the island next to Bohol and should have (3/3/2) development since it is an entrepot and coastal center of Trade in the "Nusantara" Region.

Lastly, we have Mindanao, I'm very sorry if it had to be separated, since the system says that I was spamming and I'm pretty new on how to add images...
View attachment 662191
1. Maguindanao 5/5/3 Natural Harbor Maguindanao Kingdom of Maguindanao Spices
2. Kotabatu 1/1/2 Cotabato Kingdom of Maguindanao Grain
3. Davao 2/2/1 Davao Kingdom of Maguindanao Fish
4. Misamis 2/2/1 Misamis Kingdom of Maguindanao/Lanao Spices
5. Lanao 2/2/2 Lanao Kingdom of Maguindanao/Lanao Grain
6. Agusan 1/1/2 Agusan Kingdom of Maguindanao/Lanao Spices

FORMABLE NATION:
Luzonia Formed by Tagalog/Luzon Kingdoms except Tondo
Maharlika Formed by Tondo
Bangsamoro Formed by a Muslim nation with Filipino as primary culture

Ideas: Credits to the owner Lancer_6134

Traditions:
-10% idea cost
+25% chance of new heir

Riches of the Archipelago
-10% development cost

Repulsion of the Ming Fleet by the Lantakas
+1 artillery fire
-15% artillery cost

Struggle of Unification
+20 settlers

Flexible Isolation
-10% stability cost

Melting Pot of Identities
-25% culture conversion cost

Banau Rice Terraces
+10% goods produced
Manila Galleons
+10% Heavy ship combat ability

Ambition:
5% discipline

For the missions, he also claimed about conquering Borneo and Sulawesi which also gives me some idea to add:
Unite Our Identities - gives permanent claims on Sulawesi provinces
The End of Struggle - gives a permanent +10% morale or +10% infantry combat ability after culture converting all of Sulawesi to Filipino culture
Colonize Australia - give "Colonial Enthusiasm" modifier for 15/25 years after discovering the entire Colonial Australia Region
The New Manila - Get a development bonus for Eora after establishing a new colonial nation which has its capital in Eora
I guess that's pretty much it, the colonial missions are pretty far from realism, but maybe its the best alternative for the "Sea Cucumbers" mission of the other Malay cultures. I hope this helps, and hope it gets implemented

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
I have studied the census in 1903, and it seems that both Isabela and Nueva Viczaya have small population even in 1900s, so it could be unnecessary to split the Cagayan province though it is huge now.
Also I remove the Tarlac province to the situation before Tarlac province founded:

(Population in 1903)
Pangisnan 448,322(from Tarlac:78688, To Nueva Ecija:28268)
#Zambales 104,549( To Pangisnan?)
Pampanga 280,173
Bulacan 223,742
#Cavite 134,779 + Bataan 46,787( from ethnic relationship)
Manila 370,851(or combine Cavite with Manila and combine Bataan with Pampanga)
Batangas 257,715
#la Laguna 148,606
Tayabas 204,739(with Marinduque)
#Nueva Ecija 162,415
Cagayan 295,211( you could split this huge province into Cagayan and Nueva Viczaya, the Nueva Viczaya may have 100-120K pop)
Ilocos 406,264(from La Union: 39858)
##La Union: 97,981 + Benguet 22,745( or La Union to Pangisnan, Benguet to Abra)
Abra 124,640 (with Lepanto-Bontoc)
Camarines 239,405
Albay 240,326
#Sorsogon 164,170+ Masbate: 43,675
---------------
Zambles belonged to Pangisnan before it is founded, however the ethnicity of this region is greatly different to Pangisnan, the same to La Union, though rest part of La Union was administered by Pangisnan before it was founded, people there speak Ilocano yet, so the entire Ilocano can be corporated into the Ilocos province.
---------
I combined the Laguna province with Cavite,

So I think these provinces are necessary for Luzon Island:
Ilocos ( La Union?)
Abra
Pangasinan
Pampanga
Nueva Ecija
Bulacan
Cagayan
Manila
Cavite-Laguna
Batangas
Tayabas
Camarines
Albay

these provinces can be not so necessary but OK to added in Luzon Island:
Nueva Viczaya
Zambales
Sorsogon
Masbate

So, I think 13 to 17 provinces for Luzon Island is enough for Luzon Island.
----------------
Mindoro 39,582
Palawan 35,696
Samar 266,237
Leyte 388,922
Capiz 283,569(with Romblon)
#Antique 134,166
Iloilo 410,315
Negros Occidental 308,272
Negros Oriental 201,494
Cebu 653,727
#Bohol 269,223

I think 9-11 provinces for Visayas can be enough.
------------
No idea for Mindanao, list the divisions that time:
Sulu 96,206
Zamboanga 44,322
Misamis 175,683
Cottabato 125,875
Surigao 115,112
Davao 65,496
Siassi 245,62(????)
Dapitan 23,577
Hey sorry, there's nothing I could do with Nueva Vizcaya and Ilagan/Isabela, if I try to remove any of them, the nudge tool will kinda destroy the placements of cities, units and ports for the rest of my newly added provinces. I'd be sure to add the other provinces that you mentioned though. Since you said Bulacan is necessary, it will require me to split the Tondo province itself. Do you have any ideas on what development those provinces should be?

1608435119488.png

I've made a formable Luzonia/Lusong, the name is still not finished, but it can be formed by any non-Muslim country with Filipino as Primary culture. Once formed, Manila will be the capital and you will have permanent claims all over the Philippine archipelago only. I will add more provinces and it should be easy, once the provinces are done, it's time to make the missions!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Hey sorry, there's nothing I could do with Nueva Vizcaya and Ilagan/Isabela, if I try to remove any of them, the nudge tool will kinda destroy the placements of cities, units and ports for the rest of my newly added provinces. I'd be sure to add the other provinces that you mentioned though. Since you said Bulacan is necessary, it will require me to split the Tondo province itself. Do you have any ideas on what development those provinces should be?
Sorry but I am greatly stressed for my unfinished graduation essay.

In fact I am not familiar to Philippines or Spainish , so I can just give advice for someone who are admitted to start a Philippines overhaul that what provinces are founded earlier than other ones, and how provinces created from earlier provinces. In fact, many provinces which were founded long time ago, still only have 150K-200K population in 1903AD, it is you to determine which provinces created in this overhaul.
Mapa_precolonial_filipino_%28~1500%29.svg

Philippines in about 1500s.

You could just use the population in 1903AD: Primary provinces + ( Secondly provinces )

Pangisnan 448,322 + (Zambales 104,549)
Pampanga 280,173 + (Bataan 46,787)
#Bulacan 223,742
Manila 370,851 + (Cavite 134,779)
Batangas 257,715
la Laguna 148,606 + (Tayabas 204,739 (with Marinduque))
Cagayan 295,211( you could split this huge province into Cagayan and Nueva Viczaya, the Nueva Viczaya may have 100-120K pop)
Ilocos 406,264(from La Union: 39858) + ( La Union 97,981)
Abra 124,640 (with Lepanto-Bontoc) + ( Benguet 22,745 )
Camarines 239,405
Albay 240,326 (Sorsogon 164,170 + Masbate: 43,675)
-----------
#Nueva Ecija 162,415
--------
Mindoro 39,582
Palawan 35,696
Samar 266,237
Leyte 388,922
Capiz 283,569(with Romblon) + (Antique 134,166)
Iloilo 410,315
Negros Occidental 308,272
#Negros Oriental 201,494
Cebu 653,727 + (Bohol 269,223)

So, except Mindoro, Palawan and Abra, province by population from least to bigger:
Nueva Ecija(162K, founded 1802) < Negros Oriental (201K, founded 1890) < Tayabas (205K, founded 1754 from Laguna) < Sorsogon (208K, founded 1894, Masbate founded 1846-1908) < Bulacan (224K, founded 1578)
You could determine whether could be reserved from its special culture/languages(etc, Negros Oriental) , or it is earlier founded( etc Tayabas and Bulacan, so they shall have much more population in 15-19th century, while Tayabas was split from Laguna in 1754 and Sorsogon even split from Albay in 1894!), or other reasons that I do not notice before.
---------------

I have no idea how Nueva Ecija province was founded, it is said to be split from Pampanga, but something accuracy in need.
In my opinion, Nueva Ecija and Sorsogon could be removed, Tayabas could return to Laguna and so Cavite could stay with Manila/Tondo or Batangas( though made Balayan/Batagas has bigger population than Manila!)

Then I gave a recommended list there:
Pangisnan, Pampanga, Manila/Tondo, Balayan/Batangas, Laguna, Cagayan, Ilocos, Camarines, Albay (9)
Mindoro, Palawan, Samar, Leyte, Capiz/Panay, Iloilo/Otong, Negros, Cebu (7)
-----------
Bulacan, Abra, Negros Oriental, Bohol (4)
-------

Mindanao in 18th century:
  • Zamboanga
  • Mindanao Moro
  • Caraga
------
Mindanao in 1837AD:
Caraga, Zamboanga, Misamis, Nueva Guipuzcoa( from Caraga 1847)

Moro_Sultanates_%28Philippines%29.png

Mindanao in late 19th century.

Reactions:
I think there should be mission trees to form "Lusong" which incorporate the history of the Lucoes.

Maguindanao, Maynila and Sulu could have a common mission tree with Brunei since all their royal families intermarried with each other.

Reactions:
I think it would be quite nice, if the philippine cultures could have access to a naval doctrine which allows coastal raiding. I believe this practice was specific at least to some cultures on the archipelago.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I think it would be quite nice, if the philippine cultures could have access to a naval doctrine which allows coastal raiding. I believe this practice was specific at least to some cultures on the archipelago.
That is a great idea, as far as I know all of the Filipino polities were practicing a lot of piracy, especially Madyas and the Muslim kingdoms. I am going to implement this on the Muslim formable, if I can study more about the EU4 codes and make my own, I will surely add Piracy to both formable nation and separate it from the ideas

• 1Love
Reactions:
1609132501231.png

Hello again and I am back, I've completed the Mission tree for Luzonia. Each slot has a different focus for the nation, Slot 1 would focus on developing all of the provinces which will grant short length modifiers, but there are 2 which would grant permanent modifiers. Slot 2 is about trade and a little bit of Naval Warfare as well as permanent claims on Spice Islands area. The third slot will be about conquering your neighbors and get powerful permanent bonuses on your army. The fourth slot, obviously is about colonization, I've put in Australia there since it is the nearest colonial nation. Another interesting mission that Luzonia has is to colonize California, the Luzonians (in real life history) were the first Asians to set foot on what is USA today. They set foot on Morro Bay which should be "Salinan" in EU4. I'm also planning to add the colonization of Chitimacha (New Orleans) which Filipinos (Manilamen) made "permanent settlements" during the Spanish period in the Philippines.
1609132891367.png

The "last missions" of each slot provide permanent bonuses which I was talking about earlier. Tagalog Supremacy will require you to develop each province in Southern Luzon to a whooping 15, which will grant you a permanent liberty desire reduction. Filipino hospitality is about getting 4 allies and getting 150+ opinion from them to get a permanent diplomatic reputation bonus and improve relations bonus. Unite the languages require you to culture convert ALL provinces in the Sulawesi island to Filipino to get powerpoints and prestige. Pearl of the Orient Seas is about developing Manila to 30 development and make it into a World Port in order to trigger the event "Pearl of the Orient Seas". End of the Struggle is the final mission for Luzonia. All four missions mentioned above should be finished and you need to grow by 200 development to get a permanent +15% ICA and +2.5% discipline. Sometimes I think the bonuses are pretty OP, but considering how hard the missions should be completed, I guess they're worth it... If any developer or contact designer is interested, I'd be glad to give all of my files.
1609133425846.png

The last and final issue the community was talking about was the Catholicism for Luzonia, I've decided to make a decision which requires Luzonia to have a Stability of at least 1 and the year should be 1521 or later, but if your religion is Muslim, you can not get this decision. Even if you're Hindu, Theravada, you can still have this decision. So I guess that's an easy Treaty of Tordersillas for Luzonia ;)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Maybe you should next focus on the Bangsamoro mission tree, the Sultanates of Sulu, Brunei and Maynila had one common Bruneian origined royal family. Sulu in particular once had relations with Champa, rebelled against Majapahit, sacked Brunei and was awarded by Brunei some land in the Bruneian civil war. The Rajah of Maynila Rajah Ache who was Muslim also had a war with his Hindu cousin Lakan Dula of Tondo while he became an Admiral of the Bruneian navy, maybe you could unite the archipelago under Islam in a Bangsamoro state.

Reactions:
Just a suggestion to add to your original ideas. Maybe Luzon or Bangsamoro could help colonial nations in the Americas rebel against Spain or Britain.

Isidoro Montes de Oca a Filipino in Mexico assisted in the Mexican revolution.

• Overseas Filipinos living in Louisiana served under Jean Lafayette in the Battle of New Orleans during the closing stages of the War of 1812.[30]
  • "Manilamen" recruited from San Blas join the Argentinian of French descent, Hypolite Bouchard in the assault of Spanish California during the Argentinian War of Independence.

Just a suggestion to add to your original ideas. Maybe Luzon or Bangsamoro could help colonial nations in the Americas rebel against Spain or Britain.

Isidoro Montes de Oca a Filipino in Mexico assisted in the Mexican revolution.

• Overseas Filipinos living in Louisiana served under Jean Lafayette in the Battle of New Orleans during the closing stages of the War of 1812.[30]
  • "Manilamen" recruited from San Blas join the Argentinian of French descent, Hypolite Bouchard in the assault of Spanish California during the Argentinian War of Independence.
This, I was planning to make a conquistador named Isidro Montes de Oca after researching for Filipino Generals and Filipino-American/Mexican history. However, I cancelled it since he is far from a conquistador. I was going to make a mission to colonize Mexico to hire him as a General. I could actually add the "add liberty desire" to Spanish/British colonies but I don't think I'm able to work soon. I will be taking a rest from using my PC for maybe a month. If I'm going to work soon, that might be Bangsamoro with different missions or it might just stay the same with Luzonia if my brain could still handle

Reactions:
This, I was planning to make a conquistador named Isidro Montes de Oca after researching for Filipino Generals and Filipino-American/Mexican history. However, I cancelled it since he is far from a conquistador. I was going to make a mission to colonize Mexico to hire him as a General. I could actually add the "add liberty desire" to Spanish/British colonies but I don't think I'm able to work soon. I will be taking a rest from using my PC for maybe a month. If I'm going to work soon, that might be Bangsamoro with different missions or it might just stay the same with Luzonia if my brain could still handle

No pressure. Just chill its Christmas season, time to relax.

Reactions: