• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If the Axis could have avoided war with the Allies and turned on the Soviets instead, I think they would have had a better chance. The Axis players had to know that once they turned their attention to the French this early in the game that the Soviets would attack. Can't wait to see if the Axis players have a plan for this or if they were totally caught unprepared. From the looks of the troop deployment in Poland, I would have to go with the latter. Looks, however can be deceiving.

I'm not sure about your decision to dow Germany. The red army in 1938 is really really bad. In most mp games I have seen a soviet dow in 1938 always end up with a defeat, I wish you good luck.

Even with the poor state of the SU's army Germany is going to find it hard to spread his attention around so many fronts now. That could easily lead to an exploitable mistake.

Cap I am dissapoint I'm not seeing hundreds of milita spam -_-

Germany doesn't appear to have left anything around the border - I hope his reserve force is enough to stall the Bear's attack, because this is about to get ugly. I can't help but feel that the early war favours the Allies as the Axis haven't had as much time to use their Fascism CG advantage to build up an army advantage. With France and UK still in the war and the Soviet Union invading from the east, this should make things interesting. As bad as the Red Army is, it's still going to draw a lot of attention away and it can only get better from here.

I'm very happy to see new posts. I think this AAR will be better (previous was great anyway) due to surprise behaviour of Axis.

Did Axis enabled "Blitzkrieg" decision? And what about navy, all are in Baltic, or Stalin don't move Navy OOB at all?
Also Japan are in axis,or not, war with someone ,or waiting to give final blow to allies or to Motherland?

Maybe they move all fleet(they are immune now to amhibious assault to Japan island I think), and help with invading Britain?

P.S. Great update. We want new update today,and every day:)

Hopefully with the chaos subsiding into more or less controlled chaos of war, we can get more details on the situation! Utter chaos in 1938, I say advantage Allies, simply because this rapid annexations and DoW of nations should surely bring USA early and then, game over.

I'm note sure I'm following you, mate. All my AARs are listed in order in my signature (although I know I need to update it... and shorten it...)

You change house-rules every game and with the sheer amount of them it can be hard for us viewers to see which HRs have been there since last game, which ones are new and which ones that has been removed since last game.

I'm not sure about your decision to dow Germany. The red army in 1938 is really really bad. In most mp games I have seen a soviet dow in 1938 always end up with a defeat, I wish you good luck.

I know. Since I use most of my leadership to raise officers, my troops have WW1 weaponry at this stage. Really really rubish. But I have one thing on my side, and its not the confidence of youth, but amount. I will beat the wehrmacht by throwing rocks on them ;)

I'm very happy to see new posts. I think this AAR will be better (previous was great anyway) due to surprise behaviour of Axis.
Did Axis enabled "Blitzkrieg" decision? And what about navy, all are in Baltic, or Stalin don't move Navy OOB at all?
Also Japan are in axis,or not, war with someone ,or waiting to give final blow to allies or to Motherland?
Maybe they move all fleet(they are immune now to amhibious assault to Japan island I think), and help with invading Britain?
P.S. Great update. We want new update today,and every day:)

Yes, Axis has enabled Blitzkrieg. No navy clash so far. I have most of my navy in the Black Sea. When I DOWed Germany I (had to) DOW Japan and Italy as well. Soviet has no other option. Well - we'll see what Japan will do later on...

You change house-rules every game and with the sheer amount of them it can be hard for us viewers to see which HRs have been there since last game, which ones are new and which ones that has been removed since last game.

Ah, I see you point. A good point also. To be honest we sometimes confuse ourself a little. The short answer is that all modding is new - na dthe rest you simply have to compare with previous list.

Saithis - yes, I agree it is a weakness for Germany to have had so short time for build up. Still, they are vastly superior to mine. Don't really know hom many divisions I need to go 50/50 against 1 German. We'll see soon enough.

Baltasar - will do.

I truly enjoyed Carnage Al Dente and obviously subscribed to this one. I'm intrigued by the start, it will be a fascinating AAR, though I'm not certain it will be as long as the previous one with such a furious start.

Well, we now know where the "Sudden" part of the title came from. The Soviet/German border looks awfully empty...

I'm surprised the Germany player didn't just wait and get Czechoslovakia for free. I can see wanting to take Denmark right away and grabbing Poland without dragging in the Allies or helping the USSR get free land via the M-R Pact, but I don't really see why he didn't wait for Czechoslovakia. Maybe it was close to joining the Allies? He's losing out on cores by taking it early.

A big shame Nat China was crushed so early. :(

For the Motherland!

They talked about how Zid (NatChi) was overwhelmed trying to keep up on speed 3. But everyone else was hampered the same way as well due to early wars.

Things happening too fast too early for me,was hoping for a long barbarossa with cap finally on su.Still this is going to be quick paced thriller.

Nice to be underway with another carnage series.

It is fun to notice how the players act to the other players rather than the country they are playing. A sure sign of a well gelled gaming group. For us who stand on the outside and look in, we know that there will be many twists and turns that you would not see in a generic MP game.

One post into the game and the situation is nothing what I'd imagined.

Keep it coming gentlemen.

I'm surprised the Germany player didn't just wait and get Czechoslovakia for free.

Maybe boost from automotion industry is too important for them. Or something with decrease threat to HUN or ROM? I think they have chance to have tech level better than SOV...
If they spam Mot or Panzer soon we will see:)

BTW Without Poland as GiE in allies, SOV can take polish corridor effect...