• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CptEasy

Colonel
6 Badges
Nov 8, 2009
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Version: FTM 3.05 Carnage Mod

Staring Year: September 1938

Starting Positions

UK: Gamla Stan
FRA: Von Rosen
Soviet: Cpt Easy
Nat China: Zid

Germany: Maxyboy
Japan: Daphne
Italy: Sir Henry
(4th player prob joining later)

So.... it will be a Soviet focus this time.

............................................................................................

Index

Chapter I - Alea Iacta Est (September 38 - January 39)
Chapter II - The Red Army on the March (February 1939)
Chapter III - The attack on the Baltic States (March 1939)

Last edited:
HRs and Modding

Firstly I want to remind you of that discussing HRs in AARland is a bad idea. Plz go here for comments and discussions.

................................................................................

House Rules (Sudden Patriotic Carnage)

Our House Rules are under constant change as we try to get the “perfect rules”. As we decide by consensus it doesn’t mean we all think this is the perfect set up – but at least it is what we all could agree on.

• Axis players can play all Axis countries. Allied/Commie players can play all Allied/Commie countries and Nat China. Allied/Commie players are allowed to play CAN, POL and Nat China even if they are not allied. Allied/Commie players are allowed to play USA in 1941 (if other house rules have not activated this already).

• Game starts Sept -38 on speed 3 until 1939. Then on speed 2 until “Danzig or war” when we go to speed 1. Alternatively, GER player can lower to speed 1 after May 1st, 1939. No pausing is allowed except for technical or rl-problems.

• Players must declare wars themselves. “Call to arms” only to AI.

• Poland must oppose “Danzig or War”.

• No unholy alliance

• Mol-Rib pact is voluntary

• USSR has special trade rules until 1941 (or war with any other major). They must accept all Axis deals if the deal doesn’t put USSR on a negative balance for that commodity. Axis-nations are bound by honor to not suggest deals that are “impossible or unlikely” to be accepted.

• Japan and Italy can only declare limited war on USSR. GER must declare war by themselves but may declare a “full” war.

• No country is allowed to "guarantee" another.

• Germany must have "Drang nach Osten" as its sole war goal against Soviet. Soviet must accept this. "Fight to the Bitter End" is not allowed.

• If USSR has the highest threat towards US, they are not allowed to DOW neutrals. This restriction is cancelled after Barbarossa or 1 July 1941. Threat from comitern may never trigger USAs entry into Allies.

• Axis has fleet restrictions until US joins. Japan and GER/ITA can only rebase to each other’s spheres of interest if they can reach it with a “transport” order.

• Countries may give unlimited amount of exp forces as long as they never fight against a country which they are not at war with. Only land units and transports are allowed. Majors can give to majors, and majors can give to minors. Minors cannot give to majors (we don't want majors to strip minors). If the country giving the exp forces is defeated - only two of these divisions may stay in service. The rest must be disbanded. These rules are here to make gaming as fun as possible and to balance the "work load" as smoothly as possible. Do not exploit.

• Japan may not send any forces to the west before Barbarossa or July 1941. The opposite goes for European Axis.

• Japan must break all their trade deals with USA when they DoW Allies (and not offer/accept new one if US is AI run).

• Allies may put a player on USA when Japan DoWs Allies (or when USA are accepted into Allies due to Axis threat (not due to Commie threat)).

• USA may not move troops, navy or planes in the pacific until they join Allies. This does not include their mainland west coast. This rule is cancelled 1942 even if Axis has not DoWed them - as long as it will not be in conflict with other HRs on US-movements.

• USA may not place troops in Allied provinces before they become Allies. They may not in any way lend or give troops to the Allies before they enter the war.

• Allies may not “allow dept” to other human played Allies – but to AI run minors is ok. USA may always “allow dept” to whom ever. Axis may “allow dept” to whom ever.

• The players are “bound by honor” to never stall a war (in order to stay on war economy etc.)

• Nations can build 4 para-brigades per 100 base ICs

• Players are only allowed to build +5 of any fort in any province

• Radars may only be built through the provinces. It is not allowed to build them "freely" in the production queue and then stack in provinces. Modding has limited amount to 8 per province and increased building time by 35%

• Minors are allowed to “license build”. Majors can only have 12 IC of “license build” active at any time. They are however, always entitled 1 unit being lb at any time, regardless of the cost (meaning that it’s ok to build 1 bomber even if it costs more than 12 IC. 1 brigade, however, is considered 1 unit).

• Players are not allowed to build units as reserves.

• Convoys must be on for periods of time as the game allows a newly opened convoy to immediately retrieve everything that’s been piling up (Bug!). Players are “bound by honor” to not blip them on and off. A newly started resource convoy must be on for at least 3 weeks before it can be turned off (but if all convoys are sunk before that they don’t need to add extra’s of course

• The game ends in mid 1945. Allies/Commies must have 2/3 of the VPs to win (Hoping to prolongue a game where Axis-advance has stopped).

• We do not use Victory Conditions (also hoping to prolongue the game)

Modding

• Soviet will get a small boost in NU in the event “Great Patriotic War”.

• All units except Marines will get somewhat higher penalties during amphibious attacks.

• USA will lose some NU when Soviet falls and/or when UK has 30% surrender process.

• Chinas “Desperate Defence” is somewhat better.

• New “Hidden Dragon” event enhances Chinas capabilities at surrender process 55%.

• Soviet has an additional winter strategic effect that will trigger from the same territories as general winter, but only last from January until end of mars.

• CAGs will get -1 Naval Attack and -1 Air Attack.

Once again - I want to remind you that and discussions about HRs and Modding should take place here and not in the AAR Forum.

Last edited:
Oh I am terribly excited to see the new Carnage starting so soon, and with Cpt on a 'big player' so we can really see some action on the East Front! I also hope Zid adds his 2cents like he did last time as I would like to see how a highly skilled player handles Nationalist China.

So, here it comes!! Consider me subscribed :)
Can't wait for the action to come hehe

I also hope Zid adds his 2cents like he did last time as I would like to see how a highly skilled player handles Nationalist China.

+1. This will be very interesting.

Can't wait to see your soviet strategy.
I mainly play as the USSR and tried many different set ups it will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Sounds like a great one! Being a pseudo-newbie, it'll be interesting to see these players work through everything. Best of luck! I'll be reading :)

I can't wait for this to begin. Have you started playing yet?

If it's not too much of a problem, could you please mark all the new HR's (if there is any)? Makes it much easier for people that have read your previous AAR to see the differences between them.

Yes my 2 fav nations soviet and nat china(?) in 1 AAR will follow for sure

It seems to me that with the number of players, skill of players, new rules, and what the player have learned from previous AARs, the Allies have a definite advantage. A strong Nat China will weaken Japan, who never was too strong or relevant to begin with.

hello i dont know if im not allowed to post hear but i read you last aar and it was awsome and your aar has made me whant to get hearts of iron 3, good luck playing as the soviets.

Can't wait to see the updates start!

It seems to me that with the number of players, skill of players, new rules, and what the player have learned from previous AARs, the Allies have a definite advantage. A strong Nat China will weaken Japan, who never was too strong or relevant to begin with.

I had the exact same feeling!
I wonder who Zid and Von Rosen will be playing once China and France fall... If they do fall at all.Afterall Japan can be stopped in China since they have the capacity to spam infinte units.

I had the exact same feeling!
I wonder who Zid and Von Rosen will be playing once China and France fall... If they do fall at all.Afterall Japan can be stopped in China since they have the capacity to spam infinte units.

Common misconception that China has infinite manpower. Using a proper militia spam strategy (the only true way to play China IMO) you will run out of manpower fairly quickly especially in the 1938 scenario

that's becoming another must-view :)

I'm particulary interested in China's strategy - in one of our last MP games they suddenly emerged to big power and established themselves as a fourth fraction... not willing to join the allies.
The victory concept based on a custom huge built army, mostly garrisons/millitia behind riverlines...

I think Zid will be able to thwart the Japaneses advance in to China and cause Japan to have to spend all IC on land units and therefore will have a much weaker navy. Germany and Italy will have to do a much better job this go around with the navy to offset this. Really looking forward to this one. I want to wish all parties involved good luck and may the best team win.

Hope the Cap does a soviet militia spam strategy. Comon you know you want to